South Elementary rallies to help student with brain aneurysmStudents and staff at Kennett’s South Elementary School are coming together to help 11-year-old Calib Book, a local fifth grader recovering from a brain aneurysm. The school will be selling cookies,...
FBLA donates to Christmas CarnivalPhoto provided Members of the Kennett High School’s Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) organization donated dozens of boxes of cakes and snacks to the Lion’s Club for the upcoming Christmas...
- Christmas Night – Candlelight at Malden church
- Hornersville has the Christmas Spirit
- Holcomb Police sponsoring Toy Drive
- Firefighters present check to NHC
- Ashlyn Donahoo Awarded Scholarship to Attend Southeast
- Highway 25 crash leaves two hurt
- Five hurt in Butler County crash
- Angels of Christmas time
- Important fire safety tips for the holidays and every day
- Kennett Schola Cantorum concert scheduled (12/2/16)
- Kennett suffers 50-22 loss to Saxony Lutheran in consolation final of SEMO Conference girls basketball tournamentPOPLAR BLUFF, Mo. - The Kennett Indians varsity girls basketball team played the state-ranked Saxony Lutheran Crusaders within a 3-pointer in the first half but was unable to spark enough offense to keep pace the rest of the way. Saxony Lutheran, which is ranked No. 3 in the preseason Class 3 state poll, allowed only four field goals after halftime on its way to a convincing 50-22 victory against Kennett in the consolation final of the SEMO Conference Tournament at Poplar Bluff High School...
Dunklin County Court Reports - Division I (11/26/16)Nov. 17, 2016 Patricia Brandon, domestic assault first degree, to appear Dec. 14, bond reduction hearing; Jerry Bryan Forbes, possess chemical with intent to manufacture, compound, convert, produce, process, prepare, test or alter chemical to create controlled substance, possession controlled substance, to appear Jan. 11, 2017, burglary second degree, theft/stealing, possession controlled substance, pretrial hearing set for Jan. 11, 2017;...
Setting goals for charitable giving (11/12/16)Many of us think that being charitable means giving money; however, charitable giving comes in many forms – including gifts of time and knowledge. If you have never thought about setting goals for your charitable giving before, it is a great way to organize your thoughts and focus on what is truly important to you. ...
Rev. Juanita EvansRev. Juanita Evans, the daughter of the late Joe Quinn and Pearl Hartwell Evans, was born Thursday, July 16, 1925 in Pemiscot County and passed away Wednesday, Nov. 30, 2016 at the age of 91 years....
Eric Austin ButlerEric Austin Butler of Branson, Mo., formerly of Kennett, died Friday, Dec. 2, 2016 at his residence. Bradshaw Funeral Home of Kennett is in charge of arraignments.
Bob Dockins (12/2/16)Bob Dockins, 78, of Malden, passed away Tuesday, Nov. 29, 2016 at his residence. Landess Funeral Home of Malden in charge of arrangements.
Claude Hicks (12/2/16)Claude Hicks, 80, of Gideon, died Wednesday, Nov. 30, 2016 at his residence. Bradshaw Funeral Home of Gideon is in charge of arrangements.
Help WantedSeeking full time medical assistant for busy family medical clinic. Must be able to take vitals and give injections. Send resume to: Human Resources, 301 South Bypass, Kennett, MO 63857, fax to 573-888-9588, or email to email@example.com.
For Rent3 bedroom House for Rent Also for sale 2006 Ford F150 & 284 International tractor with sprayer- Taking offers. Call 888-7891
Miscellaneous*****PECANS***** Gibson's Auto Sales 922 Independence, Kennett, MO 573-757-7394 or 888-5939 We Buy & Sell Pecans We Crack & Shell
For Rent3 Houses Available Now 1 bedroom, $400 month & $275 deposit. 2 bedroom, 1 bath, ch/a, $525 month & $300 deposit. 3 bedroom, 1 bath, new carpet throughout, some curtains & home decor. Rent & deposit req. located at 704 N. Vandeventer Section 8 welcome 573-344-9005
Latest State & Nation News