KPD investigates armed robberyOn Tuesday at 10:47 p.m. Kennett officers were called to the Casey's General Store on Saint Francis Street to take a report of an armed robbery that had occurred. When officers arrived they made...
Routine meeting for Kennett City CouncilSteve Patton email@example.com During a routine Kennett City Council meeting Tuesday night, the Council renewed for three years the City's contract with Vector Disease Control for the mosquito...
- Greitens focuses on job growth during State of the State (1/18/17)
- Farm auction coming Jan. 30 (1/18/17)
- Holcomb School policy unchanged after criminal code update (1/18/17)
- Leadership Kennett makes a return (1/18/17)
- New sheriff aims to lead by example, work with others (1/18/17)
- Missouri governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/18/17)
- After long decline, St. Louis tries to rebuild with startups (1/18/17)
- Six new troopers begin patrol (1/18/17)
- BRTC LETA faculty sworn in (1/18/17)
- Accident on Independence (1/18/17)
Kennett City Council
- Kennett wrestling team beats Jonesboro & NMCCKENNETT, Mo. - The Kennett varsity wrestling team collected a pair of home wins Tuesday night. Kennett opened with a 42-16 win against Jonesboro, Ark. Kennett also won the nightcap against New Madrid County Central 42-24. “I wish we could have wrestled more matches tonight,” Kennett coach Aaron Pixley said. ...
- Kennett boys basketball team relinquishes halftime lead, falls to state-ranked Saxony 59-39 (1/17/17)
- Campbell’s Will Biggs III signs to play baseball at Morthland College (1/17/17)
- Kennett girls basketball team suffers third straight loss, falls to Notre Dame 50-26 (1/17/17)
- Double digit runs propel Risco boys basketball team past Senath-Hornersville 62-42 (1/14/17)
- Kennett drops wrestling matches at Park Hills (1/14/17)
Patton's Ponderings (1/14/17)Steve Patton-Editor DDD firstname.lastname@example.org The so-called Trump allegations posted by BuzzFeed brings up the problem again of the uncontrollable nature of the Internet and what legitimate news agencies should or should not report. If I understand the facts (and the facts are difficult to discern quite frankly), news agencies were aware of this document months ago but chose not to report it as there was nothing corroborated in it. ...
IRS holds refunds for returns claiming Earned Income Tax Credit (1/14/17)If you are planning to claim the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) or the Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) on your 2016 tax return, be aware that the IRS will not be issuing refunds on returns with those credits until February 15, 2017, due to a new law intended to combat identity theft and tax refund fraud. ...
Tommy Pritchard (1/18/17)Thomas Ray “Tommy” Pritchard, son of the late Raeburn Aubry Pritchard and Mary Louise (Laster) Pritchard was born August 31, 1949 in Blytheville, Ark., and departed this life January 17, 2017 at...
Gwen Smallmon (1/17/17)Gwen Smallmon, 70, of Rector, passed away Jan. 12, 2017 at her home. She was born on Oct. 8, 1946, in Kennett, to the late Homer Slyvester and Ethel McNeil Pollard. She was united in marriage to Paul...
Clinton “Sonny” Marshall (1/17/17)Clinton “Sonny” Marshall, 75, of Paragould, formerly of Senath, passed away Jan. 13, 2017 at his residence at the age of 75 years. He was born Sept. 18, 1941 to the late Kyle and Audrey Bost...
John Allison Batten (1/14/17)A memorial visitation for John Batten, 85, formerly of Sullivan, Mo. will be 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m., Monday, Jan. 16, 2017 at the Eaton Funeral Home in Sullivan. Graveside services and inurnment...
Hartke bass amp head & 4U rackPrice reduced again ($325). (1) Hartke LH500 bass amp head. 500watts @ 4 ohms with tube pre-amp (1) Carvin 4U rack case. (1) Furman power strip that has 8 receptacles in the back plus one on the front (1) 1U rack shelf and (1) 1U vented rack...
Help WantedWinfield, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Land O’Lakes Inc., is an industry leader in crop protection and farm seed products, providing insights and expertise in this area. Land O'Lakes, Inc. would be nothing without our amazing employees, all 9,000 of them. Today, we are a Fortune 200 company and the second-largest cooperative in America. This success reflects the efforts, commitment and pride of our employees. As we continue to build on this success, we’ll always be looking for talented...
Help WantedSENATH-HORNERSVILLE SCHOOL is taking applications for a Middle School Nurse LPN or RN license Contact Jared Gurley- 573-737-2455 ext.2001
Latest State & Nation News