New Rotary memberPhoto provided Danny Ray, secretary of the Kennett Rotary Club, welcomed Debbie Crafton, who was inducted into the Rotary at a recent meeting.
Senath-Hornersville hosts career dayJeff Dorris firstname.lastname@example.org Sparing time from their busy work schedules, guest professionals shared their work expertise with students at the Senath-Hornersville High School Career Day. The event...
- Grocery store tour set for Saturday, April 8
- Ribbon Cutting at DS Golf LLC. (3/27/17)
- Holcomb students make like it's 1956 (3/27/17)
- Rice Research Greenhouse dedicated at Southeast Malden Campus (3/27/17)
- Steele Police Report (3/27/17)
- Motorcycle tests suspended at Malden (3/27/17)
- KFD deals with fire on Russell St (3/27/17)
- Accident on Highway 25 leaves 2 seriously hurt (3/25/17)
- KHD urges heartworm prevention among area dogs (3/24/17)
- Kennett church hosting unique camp this summer (3/24/17)
Kennett City Council
- Kennett track athletes look to pass personal recordsNumbers are high for the Kennett high school track program at the start of its 2017 spring season. Kennett first-year track coach Andrew Webster said he currently has about 25 boys and 20 girls out for track. “We are getting organized and working hard,” Webster said. “We are trying to reach our potential and keep beating our personal records.”...
- Kennett's Heidi Shetley, Hayti's Darius Jones among all-state basketball selections (3/27/17)
- Senath-Hornersville’s David Sawyer signs to play baseball at Freed-Hardeman University (3/25/17)
- Kennett baseball program run-rules Dexter 14-1 (3/25/17)
- Kennett seventh grade volleyball team wins a pair of Bootheel Conference plaques (3/24/17)
- Kennett Kiwanis Club recognizes senior basketball players (3/24/17)
The sales tax and “Hail Hail” Chuck Berry (3/25/17)Steve Patton email@example.com It seems each week I ponder about Kennett sales tax issues. It will not be finalized for a few weeks yet, so this is not the last time. The City Council Tuesday night tabled a vote on an ordinance placing a .5 cent sales tax on the August ballot. They did that after Laura Ford, administrator of the OAKS, requested a .5 cent sales tax for senior services. The council ordinance called for 1/8 cent for senior services and the rest to the City...
Dicamba, Republicans, and the sales tax (3/18/17)Ponderings this week leave me more questions than answers. Let's start with the one that does have an answer. The Missouri Legislature passed a bill that would levy stiff fines on those who would spray herbicides illegally. The bill is a response to the dicamba problems that have plagued our area of the world. Hats off to State Rep. Don Rone who pushed for the legislation. The bill is ready for Governor Greitens' signature. When he signs it, the law takes affect immediately...
“Buz” Asa Weaver (3/27/17)“Buz” Asa Weaver, son of Jack Weaver and Judy Weaver, was born Sept. 1, 1968 in Farmington, Mo. and departed this life March 24, 2017 at the age of 48 years. He is survived by his father, Jack Weaver...
Judith McConnell (3/27/17)Judith McConnel, 70, of Jackson, Mo., formerly of Malden, died Thursday, March 23, 2017 at her residence. Bradshaw Funeral Home of Malden is in charge of arrangements.
Randy Freeman (3/27/17)Randy Eugene Freeman, 62, of Rector, passed away on Monday, March 20, 2017. He was born on July 24, 1954, in Elkhart, Ind., to Lowe and Rachel (Schrimsher) Freeman. Randy loved to go fishing,...
Mary Harmon (3/23/17)Mary Darlene Harmon, 59 of Kennett, died March 22, 2017 at her home in Kennett. Mary was born to the late Willis Eugene and Gladys (Ford) Roberts May 18, 1957 in Kennett. Mary was loved for her sense...
Ryland Phillip Tripp (3/25/17)Jeff and Jessica Tripp, of Paducah, Ky., wish to announce the birth of their son, Ryland Phillip Tripp, born February 22, 2017 at Lourdes Hospital in Paducah. He weighed 7 lbs. and 5 oz., and was 19 inches long. Paternal grandparents are Wayne Tripp of Senath, and the late Tracey Henfling. Maternal grandparents are Sherry Curtright of Senath, and the late Richard Curtright...
Anniversary: Fritts 50th Anniversary (3/2/17)Dwight and Janet Fritts of Lawton, Okla., will celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary on March 31 at the Cache Church of Christ, Cache, Okla. They will renew their vows in a ceremony at 6 p.m....
Engagement: Milligan-Collins (2/28/17)Eddie & Carla Milligan and Gerald & Linda Collins are pleased to announce the engagement of Hannah Milligan and Chris Collins. Miss Milligan is a graduate of the University of Arkansas-Little Rock...
Legal NoticesInvitation to Comment on a Proposed Wireless Telecommunications Facility Interested persons are invited to comment on the tower and antennae placement and related equipment shelters at the wireless telecommunications facility proposed to be constructed at: 14581 US-62, Campbell, Dunklin County, Missouri, Sec. 17-T21N-R9E, N 36 27’ 57.623”/W 90 6’ 59.447”, with respect to impacts on historic properties located at or near this facility, if any. The facility will consist of 199’ SST. ...
Estate SalesCharlotte's Estate Sales Exceptional Estate Sale of the late J.C. & Betty Skaggs 515 Franklin - Kennett Friday March 31st 10-4 Sat. April 1st 10-4 Sun. April 2nd 11-4 Huge 2 story home full of anything and everything! Lovely Hi-end estate sale full of antiques and collectibles. Pretty living room furn., kitchen table/chairs, grandfather clock, three bedroom suites, fine china & linens. Patio furn., F. Screen TV, 3 mink coats, exceptional ladies clothing & more. This is the “sale of...
Bass amp head & 4u rack caseHartke LH500 bass amp head. This is a 500w bass head that has a tube pre-amp. It is housed in a Carvin 4u rack case. Also included is a 8 outlet Furman power strip that is also mounted in the case **Will throw in a 2007 Squire P-bass for free**
City Real EstateINVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY 8 Apartments in Cardwell (6) 2 bedroom & (2) 1 bedroom Asking $190,000. Call 870-476-1514
Latest State & Nation News