Vehicle pursuit ends in New MadridSteele Police Chief, Billy Joe Stanfield reports that on February 20, officers responded to a disturbance call at the Deerfield Travel Center. Upon arrival officers observed a vehicle fleeing the...
Hamlett signs books at libraryPhoto by Steve Patton, staff Conn Hamlett was at the Dunklin County Library in Kennett Saturday morning signing copies of his latest book, “John Lee Johnson Will Hurt You Bad – Real Bad.” Pictured...
- DWI charges filed against Senath-Hornersville principal (2/21/17)
- Flu widespread in Missouri (2/21/17)
- A few tickets left for Campbell event (2/21/17)
- Brownies to participate in World Thinking Day (2/21/17)
- Missouri traffic deaths approach historic high (2/21/17)
- Butler County accident takes life of Wappapello man (2/20/17)
- Senath Lions Club holds breakfast (2/20/17)
- Holcomb City Council appoints new fire chief (2/18/17)
- Sen. Libla calls out House leadership over bridge concerns (2/18/17)1
- Cardwell Council discusses potholes and police (2/18/17)
Kennett City Council
- Caruthersville boys prevail again against Kennett 60-57 in C3D1 semifinalMALDEN, Mo. - For a second time this season a varsity boys basketball contest between the Caruthersville Tigers and Kennett Indians came down to the closing seconds of regulation Tuesday night. And for a second time this season the Caruthersville Tigers walked away with a 3-point victory...
- Kennett girls eliminate Portageville 31-19, reach district final for first time since 2011 (2/21/17)
- Malden girls jump out to early lead, hang on to beat Charleston 68-57 in C3D1 semifinal (2/21/17)
- Bernie beats Senath-Hornersville 59-40 in C2D1 boys quarterfinal (2/20/17)
- Kennett boys outlast Portageville in C3D1 quarterfinal (all quarterfinal box scores included) (2/19/17)
- Cooter eliminates defending C1D1 champion Gideon 59-56 (all C1D1 quarterfinal box scores included) (2/19/17)
Greitens, Facebook, and spring training (2/18/17)Steve Patton-Editor DDD firstname.lastname@example.org On Tuesday afternoon I watched a Facebook Live question and answer session conducted by Governor Eric Greitens. During the 20 or so minutes, he answered questions, not from professional journalists who cover him, but from regular folks...
What are you supposed to say? (2/11/17)1Have you ever heard of a vote by the people to be null and void? It happened in Kennett in November. Almost 65 percent of city voters supported the 1/8 cent sales tax for senior services, but as we’ve reported in the DDD, the tax cannot be collected because of an error made at the very beginning of the process. The City Council must pass an ordinance to put such a tax on the ballot. They did, but the wrong amount was used...
Hattie Jones (2/21/17)Hattie Sue Jones, daughter of the late Lester L. and Eldora Newman Smith was born Feb. 12, 1935, in the New Hope Community near Senath and passed away Saturday, Feb. 18, 2017 at the St. Bernards...
Gladys Mae Stultz (2/21/17)Gladys Mae Stultz, 80, of Parma, died Saturday, Feb. 18, 2017 at her residence. Bradshaw Funeral Home of Malden is in charge of arrangements.
Martin Weaver (2/21/17)Martin Gaylon Weaver, of Kennett, son of the late Homer Weaver and Helen Louise (George) Weaver, was born Oct. 6, 1935 in Senath and departed this life on Feb. 19, 2017 at the age of 81 years, 4...
Kenneth Lizenbee (2/18/17)Kenneth Lizenbee, 71, of Campbell passed away on Wednesday, Feb. 15, 2017 at his residence. Landess Funeral Home of Campbell is in charge of arrangements.
Hannah Lynn Marie Hayes (2/21/17)Jake and Christen Hayes of Jonesboro announce the birth of their daughter, Hannah Lynn Marie Hayes. Born Feb. 10, 2017 at NEA Baptist Memorial Hospital, she weighed 9 pounds and 11 ounces. She is the granddaughter of Jimmy and Charla Hayes and Rich and Terri Colananni; and the great-granddaughter of Maxine Hayes, Roland and JoAnn Morgan; and Dr. Phillip and Martha Nix...
MiscellaneousNOTICE OF LANDOWNER'S MEETING Notice is hereby given to owners of one acre or more of real estate within the Southeast Missouri Regional Water District which includes Butler, Dunklin, Mississippi, New Madrid, Pemiscot, Scott and Stoddard Counties, the Annual Meeting of Landowners of the District will be held at the Delta Fisher Research Center,147 State Hwy T at Portageville, MO on March 10, 2017, Friday at 12:00 Noon.
Legal NoticesTRUSTEE'S NOTICE OF SALE Because the Mortgagor defaulted on the payment of her Promissory Note, I, Johnny Dalton, Trustee, will sell the real estate which serves as security for the Promissory Note. 1. Description: A part of Block 8, Rose Park Addition to the City of Kennett, Dunklin County, Missouri, more particularly described as beginning 136 feet South of the Northwest Corner of said Block 8, running thence East 100 feet, thence South 64 feet, thence West 100 feet to the West line of...
For RentFor Rent 3 bedroom, 2 bath located at 105 W. 7th St. $600 month & $200 dep. Must have references & fill out application. Call 573-559-4375 or 888-2171
MiscellaneousSunday, February 26 at 10:45 am. "The Poe's in Concert" at the Third Street Baptist Church in Kennett.
Latest State & Nation News