County voters to decide sales tax issue Aug. 8Dunklin County voters are deciding the fate of a county-wide sales tax on Tuesday, Aug. 8. The half cent sales tax is intended to cover operating expenses. “In 2016, we lost $100,000 in sales tax...
Fire Marshal stresses common sense with fireworksFireworks cause thousands of burns and eye injuries each year, and with the fourth of July holiday approaching, Fire Marshal Paul Spain reminds the community to practice safety. “Have fun, but be...
- Kennett Police arrest man on possession charges
- Steele Police make arrests on Saturday
- Jerry Sebourn
- Morning accident on Independence
- 1 dead and 5 hurt in head on collision (6/25/17)
- Clarkton Fire (6/23/17)
- Pink Day (6/23/17)
- St. Francis Park raises money and awareness (6/23/17)
- Jury Awards $217.7 Million to Kansas Corn Producers In First Syngenta GMO Corn Class Action Lawsuit (6/23/17)
- Two local college students have life changing experience in Europe (6/23/17)
Kennett City Council
- Paragould Legion rallies past Charleston Fighting Squirrels late to claim title at its own tournamentPARAGOULD, Ark. - The Charleston Fighting Squirrels finished a win shy of a perfect weekend in Arkansas Sunday night. Host Paragould Legion overcame a 2-1 deficit when it plated three runs in the bottom of the sixth inning and escaped a bases-loaded jam in the top of the seventh inning without allowing a run...
- Charleston Fighting Squirrels beat Ultimate Baseball 7-1 & Mountain Home 8-5 to reach title game at Paragould (6/25/17)
- Baseball players fill Indian Park at Kennett for Atlanta Braves tryout camp (6/23/17)
- Five Bootheel Conference players make all-state baseball team (6/23/17)
- Kennett JV baseball team rallies past Jackson Jr. Legion 7-5 (6/23/17)
- Ultimate Baseball set to take on Fighting Squirrels Friday at 7-Up Classic (bracket included) (6/21/17)
The Answer Man (6/23/17)Q: Does pale blue look good on Cardinals? A: As Mr. Scrooge would say, “Bah Humbug.” The Cardinals are struggling, but hope lingers ever in the human breast: If not this year, maybe next year. As children we are injected with some sort of red serum that makes us lifelong Cardinal fans. As so, however, we like to speak up when we see something we don’t like:...
Are Missouri lawmakers career politicians? (6/23/17)Governor Eric Greitens is a leader. You could see that in the campaign. I don’t know if it’s his Navy Seal training or just what – but he oozes leadership. With the leadership vacuum we have in this country, when someone shows up who has the right stuff, people will gravitate to him. Enough Missourians saw that in November that he pulled off the upset and defeated a well organized and well known opponent...
Christopher HoltChristopher Ray Holt, of Kennett, son of the late Harrison William Holt and Velma Sue (Richards) Holt, was born May 15,1982 in Memphis, Tenn. and departed this life on June 24, 2017 in Kennett at...
Verne Johnson (6/23/17)Verne Wesley Johnson was born Jan. 7, 1919 in Senath to Fonzie Wesley and Pearle Lee (Lasiter) Johnson. He died on June 12, 2017 in Jonesboro, but was a resident of Kennett for most of his life. He...
Billy Riley (6/21/17)Billy Bobby Riley, the son of the late Raymond Riley and Cora Hall Riley, was born Saturday, June 22, 1935 in Truman, Ark.. Mr. Riley died at NHC HealthCare in Kennett on Sunday, June 18, 2017 at the...
Charles Rhamy (6/21/17)Charles Rhamy, of Kennett, son of the late James Rhamy and Viva (Pherigo) Rhamy was born May 3, 1943 in Thomasville, Mo. and departed this life on June 20, 2017 at National HealthCare at the age of...
MULTI-FAMILY LAWN SALELots of good items, too many to list.... including clothing, furniture, household items, hunting items, swing set, toys. You won't want to miss this one Tuesday, June 27 beginning at 10:00 am and Wednesday, June 28 beginning at 8:00 am. 608...
Boats & Watercraft1990 Model Alum. 16ft. Bass Boat, 25 Hp Mercury Trolling motor on trailer $1500. Call 573-888-6416
MiscellaneousCoffee table with matching end tables, maple with glass tops $20. Call 573-559-4679
Legal NoticesIN THE CIRCUIT COURT OF DUNKLIN COUNTY, MISSOURI PROBATE DIVISION IN THE ESTATE OF: W.H. HOUSTON, Deceased. ESTATE NO.16DU-PR00117 NOTICE OF FILING FINAL SETTLEMENT AND PETITION FOR DISTRIBUTION You are hereby notified that the undersigned Personal Representative will file a Final Settlement and petition for determination of the persons who are the successors in interest to the personal/real property of the decedent and of the extent and character of their interest therein and for...
Latest State & Nation News