Two arrested following damage at Combs LakeCody Tucker firstname.lastname@example.org Two Kennett men were arrested Saturday, accused of driving an SUV on state property, destroying grass and trees at Little River Conservation Area near Kennett. Terry...
Locals fill semitrailer to aid New Orleans storm victimsCody Tucker email@example.com A semitrailer full of supplies left southeast Missouri last week sending aid to those affected by recent storms in New Orleansóall thanks to local businesses and faith...
- Troop E to offer Certified Boating Safety courses at two locations
- Itís National Floral Design Day
- KHS getting ready for spring musical
- Photography display at Library
- Smith welcomes former Rep. Shelley (Kenney) Taylor
- Dangerous weather possible tonight, Wednesday
- Traffic accidents leave one dead and one injured (2/27/17)
- McDaniel Funeral Home in Kennett plans new facility (2/25/17)
- Rone dicamba bill passes House, moves to Senate (2/25/17)
- Brownies celebrate World Thinking Day on Courthouse lawn (2/25/17)
Kennett City Council
- Tri-County Conference boys basketball awards releasedThe 2017 Tri-County Conference varsity boys basketball awards have been released. Gideon senior Chris Dye has been selected Tri-County Conference Player of the Year. Dye averaged 21 points and 12 rebounds per game in conference games. Risco coach Brandon Blankenship has been selected Tri-County Conference Coach of the Year. ...
- Class 3 Girls Basketball Glance: Kennett vs. Saxony Lutheran
- Ultimate Baseball wins 12U USSSA Gold Ring Tournament
- Kennett beats Malden 50-35 to claim its first district title in girls basketball since 2011 (2/24/17)
- Campbell, Hayti reach C2D1 boys basketball final (2/23/17)
- Puxico, Hayti reach C2D1 girls basketball title game (2/23/17)
Some good stuff from this week (2/25/17)Steve Patton-Editor firstname.lastname@example.org Itís impossible anymore for me to watch national news. Thereís too much yelling, too much protesting, and too much demagoguery. This week I didnít want to present anything negative in this column, so I looked for positive issues about which to write. Iím glad to say Iíve found some positive ponderings...
Passing on personal possessions (2/25/17)Most of us own personal possessions that we believe are valuable. They may have sentimental value or monetary value (or both). A parent or grandparent may have given these items to us, or they may be souvenirs that we have picked up through our own travel or life experiences. ...
Charles Riggs (2/25/17)Charles Riggs, 80, of Kennett, passed away Friday, Feb. 24, 2017 in Kennett. Online condolences may be made at www.mcdanielfuneralservice.com. McDaniel Funeral Service of Kennett in charge of the...
Mavis Henson (2/25/17)Mavis Irene (Capps) Williams Henson of Bragg City went home to be with the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Wednesday, Feb. 15, 2017, at the home of her daughter, Deanna Wagster. She was 93 years old....
Louella Huckeby (2/23/17)Bessie Louella Huckeby, 95, of Gideon died Tuesday, Feb. 21, 2017 at Gideon Care Center. Bradshaw Funeral Home of Gideon is in charge of arrangements.
Deronda McElwrath (2/23/17)Deronda Ivera McElwrath, of Kennett, daughter of the late John Thomas Whitlock and† Maggie (Gibson) Whitlock, was born Aug. 17, 1930 in Bucoda and departed this life on Tuesday, Feb. 21, 2017 at Twin...
Hannah Lynn Marie Hayes (2/21/17)Jake and Christen Hayes of Jonesboro announce the birth of their daughter, Hannah Lynn Marie Hayes. Born Feb. 10, 2017 at NEA Baptist Memorial Hospital, she weighed 9 pounds and 11 ounces. She is the granddaughter of Jimmy and Charla Hayes and Rich and Terri Colananni; and the great-granddaughter of Maxine Hayes, Roland and JoAnn Morgan; and Dr. Phillip and Martha Nix...
Legal NoticesNOTICE OF TRUSTEE'S SALE Default having been made in the payment of that certain note secured by Deed of Trust executed by Joseph E Tribble and Heather A Peace , Husband and Wife, dated January 19, 2012 and recorded on January 23, 2012 in Book 537, Page 343, as Document No.12 230, Office of Recorder of Deeds, Dunklin County, Missouri. The Successor Trustee will on March 23, 2017, between the hours of 9:00 o'clock A.M. and 5:00 P.M. more particularly at 1:00PM, at the Dunklin County...
Legal NoticesNOTICE OF TRUSTEE'S SALE For default in the payment of debt secured by a deed of trust executed by Zackary L. Collins and Tiffany Cunningham, dated September 24, 2010, and recorded on September 30, 2010, Document No. 103152, in Book No. 525, at Page 70 in the Office of the Recorder of Deeds, Dunklin County, Missouri, the undersigned Successor Trustee will on March 23, 2017, at 11:00 AM, at the Front Door of the Dunklin County Courthouse, Kennett, Missouri, sell at public vendue to the...
AuctionsGUN AUCTION 75 New & Used Guns, Ammo, Scopes, Mini-Collectibles Colts, Brownings, Kimbers, John Waynes, AKs, AR-15s All price ranges of pistols and rifles! Instapawn in Poplar Bluff Saturday, March 4 - 9am 573-686-0008
- Morgan pleads guilty to lesser charge
- UPDATED: Kennett football & wrestling coach Aaron Pixley resigns, accepts job as AD at Dexter
- Kennett beats Malden 50-35 to claim its first district title in girls basketball since 2011
- DWI charges filed against Senath-Hornersville principal
- McDaniel Funeral Home in Kennett plans new facility
Latest State & Nation News