Rotary Club seeks talent for showThe Kennett Rotary Club is seeking talent for the Gong Show fundraiser. Entry is open to performers who have a unique talent, sense of humor, singer, jugglers, magicians, gymnastics, tumblers, etc....
Alice Bryant, foster parent: "It's just a part of us."Alice Bryant and husband Jeff, had no idea when they assisted a local couple with their child that several years later they would still be foster parents. Bryant, a Kennett native and nurse,...
- Misty's Mission 7th year a success (4/16/19)
- From the Vaults- Dunklin County Watermelon (4/16/19)
- NHC joins growing number of Missouri Breastfeeding Friendly Worksites (4/16/19)
- Food distribution planned for Thursday (4/16/19)
- MoDOT Extends Weight Allowance to May 15 (4/16/19)
- Southeast Announces 2019 Math Field Day Winners (4/16/19)
- Ridgeview Living recognizes volunteer (4/16/19)
- FCCLA members attend State Leadership Conference (4/16/19)
- Arbyrd honors locals and first responders (4/13/19)
- La Femme Club Gala set for May 11 (4/13/19)
Kennett City Council 4-16-19
- Kennett softball team falls to Dyer County 5-3KENNETT, Mo. - The Kennett Indians softball team enjoyed a 2-0 lead after five innings of play but was unable to put together the finish it needed to escape with a home victory against Dyer County (Tenn.). Tuesday afternoon. Dyer County scored four unearned runs with two outs in the top of the sixth inning to move ahead 4-2 and hung on to beat Kennett 5-3...
- DDD ROUNDUP: Senath-Hornersville baseball beats Malden 13-11 for third straight win (4/16/19)
- DDD ROUNDUP: Holcomb softball improves to 15-0, Senath-Hornersville baseball wins pair (4/16/19)
- Portageville run-rules Malden 12-2 in title game of Malden baseball tournament (4/15/19)
- Final day of Malden baseball tournament pushed to Monday (Updated) (4/15/19)2
- Defending champion Malden advances to championship pool at own baseball tournament (Saturday's schedule included) (4/12/19)
- DDD BASEBALL ROUNDUP: Holcomb beats Bloomfield 11-3, Kennett falls to Harding Academy 8-2 (4/12/19)
- Kennett boys claim top prize, Kennett girls finish second at Chaffee track meet (4/12/19)
Men, Prostate problems (4/16/19)Next in a series of articles concerning eight ailments and the level of pain they cause is one that affects men, the dreaded prostrate problem. In AARP’s magazine article, “They Won’t Kill You, But They Sure Make You Miserable,” authored by Lisa Haney, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia or BPH ranks 7 on her level of pain and misery for men...
Mayors and Marijuana (4/13/19)1Jeff Dorris firstname.lastname@example.org As new mayors and council members take the oath of office across the county, I hope they are able to check personal bias and grudges at the door. When area candidates were asked what they considered the role of the mayor, they failed to mention diplomacy...
Joyce M. Smith (4/16/19)Joyce M. Smith, 87, of Cherokee Village, Ark., passed from this life Sunday, April 14, 2019 at St. Bernards Regional Medical Center in Jonesboro. Born in Kennett, Joyce was Valedictorian of her...
Brenda Lane (4/16/19)Brenda Lane, daughter of the late William Edgar and Chloia Easter Stoggins Dowdy, was born October 10, 1947 in Senath, Missouri and passed away April 12, 2019 at the Arkansas Methodist Hospital in...
Mavis A. Hufford (4/16/19)Mavis Alene Hufford, daughter of the late William Marion and Edith Mae Burcham Smith, was born March 5, 1932, in Bucoda, Missouri and passed away April 12, 2019 at her residence in Arbyrd at the age...
Page Dulaney (4/13/19)Allen Page Dulaney passed away peacefully February 19, 2019, surrounded by the love of his family, wife, Dorothy, and son, Jim. Page was born October 24, 1936, in Warsaw, Mo., to Walter Allen and...
Aiden and Madison Beights (4/6/19)Mary Alice Duncan, of Senath, is pleased to announce the birth of her twins, Aiden Nicholas Andrew Beights and Madison McKenzie Danielle Beights, born March 27, 2019 at 4:00 p.m., at Saint Francis Family BirthPlace in Cape Girardeau. Aiden weighed 3 pounds and 2 ounces and was 15 inches long, and Madison weighed 3 pounds and 5 ounces and was 15 inches long...
Lindsey Elizabeth Franklin (4/4/19)Larry Franklin and Brande Duckworth of Risco, are pleased to announce the birth of their daughter, Lindsey Elizabeth Franklin, born March 15, 2019 at 12:28 a.m., Saint Francis Family BirthPlace in Cape Girardeau. She weighed 8 pounds and 2 ounces and was 18.75 inches long...
City Real EstateFor Lease as of 2020 Robinson Hill Natural Spring Water 48 acres East located in section 21, Township 16 North range 10 E located in Dunklin County FSA Farm 1705 725-261-0174 or 951-732-1458
Help WantedCERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANTS GOSNELL THERAPY AND LIVING 2nd & 3rd Shifts Gosnell Health ad Rehab is in need of Certified Nursing Assistants for second and third shifts. Primary job responsibilities will be quality care for all residents with routine daily nursing care and services in accordance with the resident's assessment and care plan, and as may be directed by the supervisor. Applications will be accepted at Gosnell Therapy and Living, 700 Moody Street, Gosnell, AR 72315....
MiscellaneousCoffee table and 2 end tables - Wood w/glass top $20/set Call 573-559-8608
Latest State & Nation News