- Girl Scout recognized for earning award (6/22/19)
- Emergency 911 Director discusses financial status of 9-1-1 to Malden City Council (6/22/19)
- Meeting planned to provide input into Federal Conservation Programs (6/22/19)
- Caruthersville man pleads guilty to meth charge (6/22/19)
- Plans complete for Fourth of July picnic (6/22/19)
- Federal arrest warrant served on Steele man (6/22/19)
- USDA celebrates National Homeownership Month (6/22/19)
- Kennett United Way solicits agency applications (6/22/19)
- Community Fun Day in Malden (6/22/19)
- Malden woman, Bernie man jailed on drug charges (6/22/19)
Kennett City Council 6-4-19
- Big seventh inning propels Fighting Squirrels past Kennett 12-5 in semifinal of Glen Sain GMC TournamentPARAGOULD, Ark. - The Kennett Indians played the defending national champion Charleston Fighting Squirrels to a 5-5 stalemate through six innings but was unable to put together the finish it needed to walk away with a victory. Charleston broke the five-all tie when it scored seven runs in the top of the seventh inning and held on to beat Kennett 12-5 in a championship semifinal of the Glen Sain GMC Tournament at Paragould, Arkansas, Saturday night...
- Kennett baseball team connects with scoreboard twice, beats Mountain Home (Ark.) 12-7 in opener of Glen Sain GMC Tournament (6/22/19)
- Chris McLain ready to return home to coach Senath-Hornersville baseball team (6/19/19)1
- Schedule set for Glen Sain GMC baseball tournament in Paragould (bracket included) (6/18/19)
- Kennett swimming program continues to enjoy high participation and success (6/18/19)
- Bootheel boys basketball coach Aaron Bidewell ready for new role as Holcomb athletic director (6/17/19)
- Kennett Sports Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony set for first home football game (6/14/19)
- Holcomb native Matt Casper ready to lead hometown volleyball program (6/11/19)
Memories of summers past (6/22/19)1With the arrival of summer I’m reminded of so many memories from this area. Although, I was primarily raised in northern Illinois, many trips were made throughout my life visiting relatives in the bootheel. The roots of my family are here. A lot of these trips were in the summer. On average we spent about three weeks a year in the Kennett area during the summer with other trips throughout the year...
What He has to do with us (6/22/19)Your children or grandchildren have questions about God, although they may not be asking. That may be because they don’t know what to ask. Children and adults leave church every Sunday after worshiping God for His grace for His people and enter into the land of secular fundamentalism with its cavernous, amoral void leaving many forgetting what God has to do with any of us. ...
Glen Hensley, Sr. (6/22/19)Glen Hensley, Sr., 70, of Holcomb, passed away Saturday, June 15, 2019 at Piggott Community Hospital in Piggott, Ark. Glen, son of Grover William and Ida Blanche Leisure Hensley, was born Tuesday,...
Faye "Peck" Geno (6/22/19)Faye “Peck” Geno, 85, of Malden, passed away Wednesday, June 19, 2019 at Winchester Place Nursing Center in Bernie. Landess Funeral Home of Malden is in charge of arrangements.
Lewis Richardson (6/20/19)Lewis “Tink” Richardson, son of the late Bob and Vera (Adams) Richardson, was born October 29, 1927, in Trumann, Ark., and departed this life June 16, 2019 at the age of 91 years. Tink married Mary...
Sherry Dollins (6/20/19)Sherry Lynn Dollins, 60, of Dexter, passed away Monday, June 17, 2019 at Saint Francis Medical Center surrounded by her family. She was born July 10, 1958 in Dexter, Mo., to the late Donald and...
Lillyana Hennessy (6/22/19)Heather Friese and Sebastian Hennessy are proud to announce the birth of their daughter, Lillyana Christina Michelle Hennessy. She was born June 13, 2019 at 4:27 a.m. at St. Francis Healthcare’s Family BirthPlace. She weighed seven pounds, nine ounces and was 19 ½ inches long...
Ruby Rae Fleeman (6/4/19)Andrew and Amanda Fleeman would like to announce the birth of their daughter, Ruby Rae Fleeman. Ruby was born May 21, 2019 at 3:56 p.m. at NEA Baptist Memorial Hospital, in Paragould, Ark., weighing six pounds, 15 ounces. Grandparents are Mark and Tracy Ellis, David and Tammie McQuay and Randay and Lena Fleeman. ...
For RentFOR RENT Available Now 2 bedroom 1 bath 707 Lester Call 888-5961 or 717-3606
MiscellaneousLAND FOR SALE - 90 ACRES (m/l) Graded and Irrigated North of Hayti For more information, please call 617-784-5214
City Real EstateHOME FOR SALE 1800 Venda Street Kennett MO 3 bedroom 1 bath brick with hardwood floors, new roof, big yard, 5ft chain-link fence, 2 storage sheds, security bars (insurance break) central heat & air asking $109,000.00 call 573-344-6822
Latest State & Nation News