Gideon native, Donna Gales envisions Arts Center and Food PantryOn the corner of Fourth street and Main in Gideon is the old Methodist Church Building. The building has stood empty for twenty years and lack of use and weather have done quite the damage to it....
From the Vaults- Taylor's Service Station
- Teko Pharmacy foots bill for electric work at Kennett Humane Department
- Fisher Delta Research Center Field Day set for Friday, Aug. 31
- Jail inmate's death under investigation in Pemiscot County 1
- Clarkton C-4 welcomes new teachers
- First Presbyterian Church to hosts musical variety show 1
- Arbyrd approves curfew ordinance (8/18/18)
- Freedom House hosts bake sale (8/18/18)
- Dunklin County WIC office receives award (8/18/18)
- Orthopedic Care expanded with providers in Kennett (8/18/18)1
- Kennett city wide clean-up finishes up (8/18/18)1
Kennett City Council 8-7-18
- VOLLEYBALL PREVIEW: Holcomb hopes to benefit from offensive depthThe Holcomb Hornets high school volleyball program is blessed with solid depth entering the 2018 season. Holcomb has four seniors, four seniors, five sophomores and five freshmen on its high school squad. “We do have a big number,” Holcomb coach Angie Jones said. ...
- VOLLEYBALL PREVIEW: Senath-Hornersville hopes to enjoy success under new head coach (8/18/18)
- Kennett Gatorade Game postponed (8/16/18)
- BASEBALL PREVIEW: Holcomb looks to develop youth under new head coach (8/15/18)
- BASEBALL PREVIEW: Senath-Hornersville hopes past experience yields future success (8/15/18)
- Kennett football scrimmages slated for Thursday & Friday (8/15/18)
- Over $15K raised at 2018 Kennett Athletics Booster Club Golf Scramble (8/14/18)
- FOOTBALL PREVIEW: Portageville Bulldogs hope for promising season (8/13/18)
Stretching, its benefits (8/21/18)Animals do it, birds do it, and babies do it naturally. Have you ever watched a dog or a cat when it wakes first thing in the morning or after a nap? What does it do? It stretches head to tail. A baby stretches when it wakes, but do you stretch first thing in the morning or after taking a long nap? Stretching is good for the body, especially for older adults...
Beware of the Bully (8/18/18)There’s nothing new about bullies. Most can remember a schoolyard bully or two. I can remember a couple of mine that had me avoiding them like the plague. What used to be, for the most part a harmless annoyance that could be taken care of rather easily has escalated into a very serious problem, and with the advent of social media and cyber-bullying has even turned deadly...
Jo Beth Elizabeth Rickman (8/18/18)Jo Beth Elizabeth Rickman, daughter of Dale and Joyce Rickman and the late Lola Elizabeth (Kitchens) Rickman was born August 10, 1963 in Kennett, and departed this life on August 15, 2018 at the age...
Bonnie Sue Sills (8/18/18)Bonnie Sue Sills, 66, daughter of the late John Dudley Mask and Opal Azee Strong Mask, was born June 4, 1952, and passed away Tuesday, Aug. 14, 2018, at Poplar Bluff Regional Medical Center in Poplar...
Joshua Daniel Palmer (8/18/18)Joshua Daniel Palmer, Sr., 41, of Poplar Bluff, passed away Tuesday, Aug. 14, 2018 in Campbell. Bradshaw Funeral Home of Malden is in charge of arrangements.
Freida Alice Dye (8/18/18)Freida Alice Curtner Dye, daughter of the late Fred R. Curtner and Edna C. (Robbins) Curtner was born January 2, 1945 in Kennett, and departed this life on August 16, 2018 at the age of 73 years....
Olivia Gwen Tipton (8/11/18)Kastenny Walker and Jason Tipton of Malden, announce the birth of their daughter, Olivia Gwen Tipton, born July 5, 2018, at Saint Francis Healthcare System in Cape Girardeau. She was born at 4:42 p.m., weight 7 pounds and 7 ounces, and was 19.25 inches long...
Opie Tyler Pritchett (8/4/18)Cindy Chamberlain and Curtis Pritchett of Senath, announce the birth of their son, Opie Tyler Pritchett, born July 19, 2018, in Paragould, Ark. He weighed 7 pounds and 11 ounces, and was 19.5 inches long. He is the grandson of Jason and Tina Bishop of Senath, and Angie Nix of Holcomb...
Business PropertyRENTAL PROPERTY FOR SALE Located North of Clarkton Includes 6 Mobile Homes - most all rented, 7 acres more or less, A 3 bdrm, 1 bath Home with carport 573-391-3936 or 573-944-1690
MiscellaneousHouse For Sale 2007 Russell Kennett, MO. asking $10,000 573-344-5812
For RentFor Rent 605 S. Hopper. 3 bedroom, 1 bath, References required. Must fill out rental app. $600 month $400 deposit Call 888-5961 or 717-3606. No pets
Help WantedEnvironmental Specialist Dunklin County Health Department Full time Environmental Specialist position available at the Dunklin County Health Department. Position requires graduation from an accredited four year college with 30 hours in biology, life science, chemistry, bacteriology, or related fields. Send resume to DCHD, Attn: Lisa Johnson, 410 Teaco Road, Kennett, MO 63857 This institution is an equal opportunity employer.
Latest State & Nation News