Kennett college student spends two weeks in Cambodia1Chances are Cambodia is not on your vacation list. It’s probably not even on your “I’ll volunteer for a couple of weeks there” list, but one Kennett college student recently spent a fruitful two...
The OAKS welcomes guests from state capitalPhoto provided Dr. Randall Williams, director of Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services in Jefferson City, addressed the seniors at the Kennett OAKS Nutrition Center on Friday. Williams...
- Newly graduated troopers assigned to Troop E highways (6/28/17)
- Lawsuits continue after multi-million dollar recovery for Kansas corn farmers (6/28/17)
- Kennett Police make arrests Tuesday and Wednesday (6/28/17)
- Rescued kitten needs a home (6/28/17)
- Southeast Regents extend president’s contract (6/28/17)
- Gregory School Reunion Saturday at Holcomb (6/27/17)
- County voters to decide sales tax issue Aug. 8 (6/26/17)1
- Fire Marshal stresses common sense with fireworks (6/26/17)
- Kennett Police arrest man on possession charges (6/26/17)
- Steele Police make arrests on Saturday (6/26/17)
Kennett City Council
- Ultimate Baseball snaps seven-game skid, beats Wayne County 6-2KENNETT, Mo. - Ultimate Baseball finally returned to its winning ways in its home opener Wednesday night against the Wayne County Lumberjacks. Ultimate Baseball calculated runs in the final three innings it batted as it rallied from a 1-0 deficit after the first inning to beat Wayne County 6-2 at Indian Park...
- Malden softball players recognized at banquet
- Paragould Legion rallies past Charleston Fighting Squirrels late to claim title at its own tournament (6/26/17)
- Charleston Fighting Squirrels beat Ultimate Baseball 7-1 & Mountain Home 8-5 to reach title game at Paragould (6/25/17)
- Baseball players fill Indian Park at Kennett for Atlanta Braves tryout camp (6/23/17)
- Five Bootheel Conference players make all-state baseball team (6/23/17)
The Answer Man (6/23/17)Q: Does pale blue look good on Cardinals? A: As Mr. Scrooge would say, “Bah Humbug.” The Cardinals are struggling, but hope lingers ever in the human breast: If not this year, maybe next year. As children we are injected with some sort of red serum that makes us lifelong Cardinal fans. As so, however, we like to speak up when we see something we don’t like:...
Are Missouri lawmakers career politicians? (6/23/17)Governor Eric Greitens is a leader. You could see that in the campaign. I don’t know if it’s his Navy Seal training or just what – but he oozes leadership. With the leadership vacuum we have in this country, when someone shows up who has the right stuff, people will gravitate to him. Enough Missourians saw that in November that he pulled off the upset and defeated a well organized and well known opponent...
Dale Edwards (6/28/17)Dale Edwards, 74, of Malden, formerly of Davis Junction, Ill., passed away Sunday, June 25, 2017 at Poplar Bluff Regional Medical Center. Landess Funeral Home of Campbell is in charge of...
Jimmie Moore (6/28/17)Jimmie S. Moore, 78 of Ocean Springs, Miss. passed away June 24, 2017 at Ocean Springs Health and Rehab Center in Ocean Springs. Arrangements are incomplete at this time. McDaniel Funeral Service of...
Levon Dempsey (6/28/17)Levon Wilburn “RoHo” Dempsey, age 83 of Alton, Mo., was born Oct. 15, 1932, in Rives, to Sam and Flora Dempsey, and passed away June 26, 2017, at the Ozarks Medical Center in West Plains, Mo. He is...
Carroll Ward (6/28/17)Carroll Ray Ward 77, of Oreana, Ill., formerly of Kennett, passed away Tuesday, June 27, 2017, in Decatur Memorial Hospital, Decatur, Ill. Carroll was born May 1, 1940, in Greenbrier, Ark., the son...
GeneralYARD SALE Saturday, 7am-? 1015 N. Ricky Rd
Legal NoticesNOTICE OF TRUSTEES SALE WHEREAS, Russell Lee Thompson and Mary Thompson, husband and wife, by a certain Deed of Trust dated the November 26, 2012 and recorded in the Recorder's office for Dunklin County, Missouri, in Deed of Trust Book 2012 at Page 753, conveyed to John F. Scott, Trustee, the following described real estate, situated in the County of Dunklin, State of Missouri, to-wit: The East Half of Lot 12, Block "F", J.H. James Addition to the City of Clarkton, Dunklin County, Missouri....
Legal NoticesNOTICE OF TRUSTEE'S SALE WHEREAS, Penny Jo Vavak, a single person, by a certain Deed of Trust dated the December 27, 2010 and recorded in the Recorder's office for Dunklin County, Missouri, in Deed of Trust Book 527 at Page 513, conveyed to John F. Scott, Trustee the following described real estate, situated in the County of Dunklin, State of Missouri, to-wit: Lot 3, Block E. Wright Acres to Dunklin County, Missouri and Lot 4, Block E, Wright Acres to the City of Kennett, Dunklin...
For Rent3 bedroom, 1 bath house for rent at 806 Vine St. $600 month & $600 deposit. Call for application 573-344-5552
Latest State & Nation News