U.S. Senate candidate Trudy Busch Valentine holds Meet and Greet in KennettTrudy Busch Valentine, Democrat candidate for the U.S. Senate, recently held a Meet and Greet in Kennett. The event, held at D and R’s McCormick’s Restaurant, began with an opening presentation from...
U.S. Rep. Jason Smith says he won't vote for Inflation Reduction ActU.S. House passage of the Inflation Reduction Act, where Democrats currently outnumber Republicans, could come as early as today -- but congressman Jason Smith (R-8) told the Southeast Missourian he...
- Blind Missourians praise the passage of the BRITE Act
- Prizes and recognition up for grabs in Fall Into Arts Youth Art Contest
- Kennett United Way solicits agency applications
- Watermelon Festival Duck Call Winner
- Dog lost for two months found in Tom Moore caves
- New Raspberry Rally™ Girl Scout Cookie joins lineup for 2023 season nationwide
- Sip and sample festive fare on the scenic Hermann Wine Trail
- Cherish Hankins crowned Miss Missouri Peach Fair 2022 Queen (8/16/22)
- Moore takes Largest Watermelon title in 2022 contest (8/16/22)
- Hornersville Watermelon Festival 2022 (8/16/22)
Kennett City Council Videos 8.16.22
Kennett City Council Meeting July 19, 2022
- Kennett hosts annual Gatorade Game (8/17/22)
- Senath-Hornersville baseball “getting better every day” (8/17/22)
- Holcomb baseball 'playing chess, not checkers' on the diamond this fall (8/17/22)
- Newest SEMO MBB assistant brings wealth of connections, experience to Redhawks (8/17/22)5
- Malden 'focusing on Malden' at annual Gatorade game (8/17/22)1
- SEMO D shines in Redhawk public scrimmage (8/15/22)
- Tropics 18u fall short of Babe Ruth World Series title (8/14/22)
Sugar, the other white powder (8/16/22)When looking at addictions, sugar must be the biggest “legal” drug of them all, and candy companies, sugary candy stores, ice cream shops, and yes, even those innocent sellers of cookies, candies, and sweetened popcorn are the dealers. But, who can resist a double dip of butter pecan, or even worse, a box of caramel turtles, I know I can’t. If it is there, I will eat it. But, what happens to the body and the mind as we age if we give into our urges too much?...
Sol (8/13/22)A pillar is defined as a tall, solid structure that is usually used to support part of a building. A pillar of the community is defined as a person who is a chief supporter of a society, state, institution, community. Synonyms include supporter, leader, worthy, rock...
Edna WilliamsEdna Faye (Armstrong) Williams, passed away August 13, 2022 at the age of 89 years. Faye was born in Cato, Arkansas May 27, 1933, to the late Floyd A.and Bessie (Martin) Armstrong. She is preceded in...
Richard CooperRichard Barry Cooper, 74, of Malden, Missouri, passed away Tuesday, August16, 2022 at Winchester Place in Bernie, Mo. Funeral services for Mr. Cooper will be under the direction of Landess Funeral...
Margaret Wilson (8/16/22)Margaret Ann Wilson, daughter of the late Walter Clough and Stella Evrard-Moreland, was born May 2,1945 in St. Louis, Missouri, and departed this life on August 12, 2022 at the age of 77 years, 3...
Lucille Jenkins (8/16/22)Lucille Louise Jenkins, daughter of the late James Edwin Crowell and Gladys (Thomason) Crowell, was born February 2, 1941, in Kennett, Missouri and departed this life August 11, 2022, at the age of...
Miracle Gracelynn Wright (7/30/22)Ashley Mason and Jeremy Wright, of Kennett, announce the birth of their daughter, Miracle Gracelynn Wright, born at 9:56 p.m. July 22, 2022 at Poplar Bluff Regional Medical Center in Poplar Bluff, Mo. Miracle weighed 7 pounds and 15 ounces and was 19 inches long...
New Online Reader
PersonalsLocal Kennett Lady looking for an apartment or house to rent. willing to sit with someone in exchange for living space 573-344-5192
Legal NoticesTRUSTEE'S NOTICE OF SALE Because the Mortgagors have defaulted on the payment of their Promissory Note, I, Johnny Dalton, Trustee, will sell the real estate which serves as security for the Promissory Note. 1. Description: A part of the Southeast Quarter of the Southeast Quarter of Section 6,Township 16 North, Range 8 East, in the City of Arbyrd, Dunklin County, Missouri and being further described as follows: Beginning at a point that lies North 25 feet and West 690.51 feet from the...
WantedWANTED APPLIANCES Stoves, refrigerators, water heaters & misc. Hauled for free! 888-6144
MiscellaneousALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS If you think you have a problem with alcohol and can't stop drinking. Give us a call,maybe we can help. The Kennett Group 573-823-6337 or 573-559-5633 District 8, Area 38 573-620-2741 district8aa.org
Latest State & Nation News