Wednesday Music Club celebrates the music of Amy GrantThe Presbyterian Church Activity Center was the setting for the March meeting of the Wednesday Music Club in Kennett. Kammy Morgan presented the program on Amy Grant, the Queen of Christian Pop, who...
Virginia, working through the nineties1For most people, retirement comes in their mid-sixties, while some may find retirement in their seventies, but very few continue working into their nineties. Virginia Brown Swindle from Senath, Mo.,...
- Kennett Rotary donation helps VFW
- Arbyrd Council addresses water leaks and rabies clinic
- Kennett native graduates from basic military training
- OAKS, Emma the Musical (3/15/18)
- Cotton Producers of Missouri meeting set for Saturday (3/15/18)
- Dunklin County Genealogical Society Meeting (3/15/18)
- Southeast announces History Day Region 9 contest winners (3/15/18)
- Blood drive in Malden (3/15/18)
- Discussion on moving forward with St. Francis Street Project (3/15/18)
- Senath board proud of first responders (3/15/18)
Kennett City Council 3-06-18
- Kennett baseball team drops opener at Jonesboro (Ark.) 9-2DUSTIN WARD firstname.lastname@example.org JONESBORO, Ark. - The Kennett Indians varsity baseball team kept things close until the bottom of the sixth inning but was unable to generate enough offense to upend the Jonesboro, Ark., Hurricanes in its season opener Friday evening...
- Brackets set for BHC seventh and eighth grade volleyball tournaments at Kennett (3/16/18)
- Traditional softball talent Kennett hopes for repeat success (3/15/18)
- Kennett baseball team hopes experience yields wins (3/12/18)
- Hayti falls to Van-Far 56-55 in OT in Class 2 boys basketball final (3/9/18)
- Hayti downs Purdy 63-46 in Class 2 boys basketball semifinal (3/9/18)
- Malden baseball team hopes experience yields success (3/7/18)
- Hayti boys basketball senior Kobe Cooper scores 1,000th point (3/6/18)
Repentance and Baptism (3/17/18)An excellent passage of scripture which shows water baptism is necessary for a sinner to be saved is Romans 6:1-7, 17-18. Paul shows that a Christian is to be dead to sin. (Romans 6:1-2) One cannot become a Christian without dying to sin. This death to sin is synonymous with repentance. ...
I Forgive Me - Part III (3/17/18)God isn’t Whack A Mole. That’s exactly what some people think God is like! You know of, or remember the board game Whack A Mole right? Well, I think there’s some people out there that have a Whack A Mole theology like I used to have. The idea that God sits up there high in the clouds on his lofty throne, with full white wig, snowy robe, and gavel; just waiting to whack me over the head every time I screwed up. ...
Ronnie Dale LeaRonnie Dale Lea, the son of the late Huey Ambrose Lea and the late Charlene McCall Lea was born Monday, April 26, 1954 in Hornersville. Ronnie was a member of the First Baptist Church of...
Ron EakensRonald Lee “Ron” Eakens, 72, of Risco, was born January 28, 1946, in Malden, to the late Ben Eakens and the late Maggie Mollineaux Eakens, and departed this life Wednesday, March 14, 2018 at St....
Jerry HollisJerry Allen Hollis, 48, of Clarkton, was born July 26, 1969, in Flint, Mich., to the late Allen Jerome Hollis and Julia Ann Hawkins Foster, and departed this life Wednesday, March 14, 2018 at his...
Betty Jane SelvidgeBetty Jane Selvidge, 71, of Imboden, Ark., passed away March 13, 2018 at NEA Baptist Hospital in Jonesboro, Ark. She was born March 7, 1947 in Hoxie, Ark., to Amos Clarence and Lorene Beatrice Pierce...
MiscellaneousBids for construction of supporting wall for demolition purposes. Bid packets can be picked up at the City Clerk’s office, 200 Cedar St., Kennett, MO. The bids are due on April 6, 2018 by 4:00 p.m. The City reserves the right to reject all bids.
Help WantedLocal Cotton Gin looking for OFFICE MANAGER to work with farmers and cotton buyers. Must have computer experience, and an agriculture background is a plus. Extra hours required in fall. Non-smoking work environment. Fax Resumes to (573) 738-2300. Dalton Cotton Company, Senath, MO.
Wells lawncare & Junk Removal also car detailingNo job too small.. reasonable prices..will mow your yard for cheap and haul away your unwanted junk for free also detail cars for reasonable price call anytime 5733447744 or 5733597312 if no answer leave a message
Help WantedSenath-Hornersville School is taking applications for a substitute nurse. Applicants must hold a valid LPN or RN license. You may apply at the superintendent’s office in Senath, MO
Latest State & Nation News