Search warrant executed in SteeleSteele Police Chief Joe Stanfield reports that on Thursday, Feb. 14, 2019, Steele Police Officers along with the Pemiscot County Sheriff's Department, Missouri State Highway Patrol, SEMO Drug Task...
Valentine's Day wedding at NHCAlmeta Hendricks entered the room to the sound of Elvis Presley crooning “Can’t help falling in love” as friends and family gathered to watch her marry Mr. Harold Young. These kinds of wedding scenes...
- Malden Beta Club to host princesses for fundraiser (2/16/19)
- Rector dispensary now earmarked for Brookland (2/16/19)
- La Femme Club hosts Sweetheart Pageant (2/16/19)
- Plans for psychiatric hospital in Cape Girardeau move forward (2/16/19)
- Blytheville teen arrested in murder at apartment complex (2/16/19)
- Kennett High School Courtwarming Court (2/14/19)
- Arrest made after discovery of powdered Fentanyl (2/14/19)
- Laura Beaton: Twenty-plus years of volunteering (2/14/19)
- Campbell discusses plans to improve residential area to match revitalized downtown (2/14/19)
- Wintry mix predicted for Friday night (2/14/19)
Kennett City Council 2-5-19
- C2D1 girls basketball semifinals: Hayti beats Holcomb 64-53; Campbell beats Portageville 63-51PORTAGEVILLE, Mo. - The No. 2 seeded Campbell Camels jumped out to an early lead and hung on to beat the No. 3 seeded Portageville Bulldogs 63-51 in the nightcap semifinal at the Class 2, District 1 girls basketball tournament Monday at Portageville High School...
- Kennett girls basketball routsKelly 70-31 in C3D1 quarterfinal (2/18/19)
- Five Kennett wrestlers compete at state tournament (2/18/19)
- C3D1 boys basketball quarterfinal: Kennett eliminates East Prairie 74-63 (2/17/19)
- C2D1 boys basketball quarterfinal: Portageville beats Holcomb 82-26 (2/16/19)
- C2D1 boys basketball quarterfinal: Bernie beats Cooter 93-37 (2/16/19)
- C2D1 boys basketball quarterfinal: Red-hot Campbell upsets South Pemiscot 71-64 (2/16/19)
- C2D1 boys basketball quarterfinal: Hayti beats Senath-Hornersville 61-26 (2/16/19)
A word from our sponsor (2/16/19)Valentine’s Day is one of those holidays where many cards are received. It always amazes me how many people turn that card around to see if it’s a Hallmark. It proves that a good advertising slogan can really stick with you. When you care enough to send the very best...
O Lord, open our eyes (2/16/19)There is a recent report of church attendance reporting that many of the older members of Christian congregations, primarily those of my generation, the baby boomers, are not attending church nearly as often these days. The report accounted for increased traveling of retirees, health issues, and visiting grandchildren and old friends, yet found that many older church members are simply losing interest in coming to church, worshipping our Lord, or studying His Word. ...
Larry Shipman (2/16/19)Believing in salvation through Jesus Christ, James Larry Shipman, 74, went to his heavenly home on February 12, 2019. He was born on November 14, 1944 in Lawton, Okla., grew up in Kennett, and served...
Neva Reel (2/16/19)Neva Dean Reel, of Kennett, formerly of Hornersville, daughter of the late Williams Candler Whitaker and Irene (Thomas) Whitaker was born January 7, 1940 in Leachville, Arkansas and departed this...
Amy M. James (2/16/19)Amy Michelle James, 36, daughter of Narvel Camden and the late Cathy Diane Gaskins was born November 14, 1982 in Hayti, Missouri and departed this life on February 13, 2019. Survivors include her...
Thomas "Blackie" Doughton (2/14/19)Thomas Edward “Blackie” Doughten, of Mesquite, Texas, formerly of Holcomb, was born April 15, 1945 in Finley, Tenn., to Guy and Rena Doughten, and departed this life February 8, 2019 in Dallas, Texas...
AuctionsA Plus Storage 1777 Walmart Dr Kennett, MO. The following storage unit contents will be sold due to delinquent payments: #1162, 1110, 1165, 1130, 1164, 1199, 1056, 1170, 1045, 1077 By Private Auction March 28, 2019
Legal NoticesNOTICE OF TRUSTEE'S SALE Default having been made in the payment of that certain note secured by Deed of Trust executed by Carol A Campbell, a single person, dated October 20, 2005 and recorded on October 21, 2005 in Book 465, Page 499 , as Document No. 054821 , Office of Recorder of Deeds, Dunklin County, Missouri. The Successor Trustee will on March 13, 2019, between the hours of 9:00 o'clock A.M. and 5:00 P.M. more particularly at 1:00PM , at the Dunklin County...
Legal NoticesNOTICE OF TRUSTEE'S SALE For default in the payment of debt secured by a deed of trust executed by Derek Moore, dated March 24, 2016, and recorded on March 28, 2016, in Book No. 2016, at Page 885 in the Office of the Recorder of Deeds, Dunklin County, Missouri, the undersigned Successor Trustee will on March 14, 2019, at 11:00 AM, at the Front Door of the Dunklin County Courthouse, Kennett, Missouri, sell at public vendue to the highest bidder for cash: Lot 7, Block 2, Rose Park Addition...
For Rent3, could be 4 bdrm., 2 bath house FOR RENT. C/H/A, lots of room, nice house! $750/month, $500/deposit 573-344-9005
Latest State & Nation News