- Leadership class visits KFD
- Council considering $125,000 request from Kennett Oaks Nutrition Center
- 100 Mile Yard Sale still in full swing
- Shatrasha Stone elected Chairperson of BAMSL Young Lawyers Division
- Positive Brotherhood hosting balloon release Sunday, May 26
- Jackson passes ordinance legalizing medical marijuana
- Tornado hits Missouri capital as deadly storms sweep state
- Memphis man charged with attempting fraudulent prescription pass (5/24/19)
- Hornersville heats up over police protection (5/23/19)
- Freedom House readies for 100 mile yard sale (5/23/19)
Kennett City Council 5-21-19
- Kennett set to compete at relocated Class 3 state track meetKENNETT, Mo. - The Kennett high school track team is to set to compete at the relocated Class 3 state track meet Saturday. The Class 3 MSHSAA Track and Field Championships have been moved to Mizzou Track and Field Complex in Columbia after Wednesday nightís destructive tornado in Jefferson City. The Class 3 state meet was originally slated to take place at Adkins Stadium at Jefferson City High School before severe weather impacted the weather...
- Cooter knocks off No. 1 ranked Dora 9-1 in Class 1 baseball quarterfinal (5/23/19)
- Kennett grad Tyson Campbell helps Freed-Hardeman advance to NAIA national baseball tournament (5/21/19)
- Defending state champion Malden falls to Saxony Lutheran 9-8 in 11 innings in Class 3 sectional (5/20/19)
- Five Malden track athletes medal at Class 2 state meet (5/19/19)
- Kennett shatters records, qualifies 16 for Class 3 state track meet (5/19/19)
- Kennett falls to Lincoln 8-3 in eight innings in Class 1 state softball championship (5/18/19)
- Kennett softball team slides past Mount Vernon 5-4 in state semifinal (5/17/19)
Memorial Day (5/25/19)1As we honor our military men and women who gave the ultimate sacrifice this Memorial Day, Iíd like to share some insight concerning Gold Star families. Gold Star families are the surviving family members of military personnel who died in an active duty status...
Power from the High (5/25/19)You have likely heard of read that today there are more dogs in American households than there are children. People like dogs because they are loyal, not expensive (unless you are willing to spend maybe tens of thousands of dollars, for Roverís cancer treatment). They can offer protection for the house and property. In other words, they are useful to us. Children can be poor investments if you are looking at them to exist for your benefit...
Bobby L. WheelingBobby Lee Wheeling, 53, of Campbell, passed away Wednesday, May 22, 2019 at Piggott Community Hospital in Piggott, Ark. Bobby, son of Delmar Charles Wheeling and Judy Brown, was born Friday, July 9,...
Vonda K. JamesVonda K. James, 54, of West Memphis, Ark., passed away Monday, May 13 at Baptist Hospital East in Memphis. She is survived by her mother: Jearlean Davis of Senath; two sons: Adrian C. James and Ethan...
Rev. Dennis F. Walker (5/23/19)Rev. Dennis Walker, 73, of Ironton, passed away May 20, 2019. Rev. Walker is survived by his wife Dorothy (Counts) Walker; children: David Walker and Lisa Sullivan. Visitation will be held at C.Z....
Eulah Taylor (5/21/19)Eulah Taylor, 86 of Kennett, passed away May 16, 2019 at National Health Care in Kennett. McDaniel Funeral Service of Kennett will be charge of the arrangements.
Help WantedJOB OPENING The Senath-Hornersville School District is currently accepting applications for a full-time MIDDLE SCHOOL SECRETARY position. Interested parties may apply at the Superintendent's office in Senath, or call Chad Morgan at 573-738-2669 ext 4001 for more information. Deadline for applications is May 29, 2019.
MiscellaneousPUBLIC NOTICE Senath Housing Authority announces that on or about June 10, 2019, it shall make available for public review a "Draft Copy" of the components of the Annual/Five Year Plan per guidelines of 24 CFR 903, a requirement of the Quality Housing & Work Responsibility Act of 1998. The document will be available Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. until noon at the Housing Authority office, 722 Caneer Street, Senath, Missouri for approximately 45 days. A public hearing is scheduled...
Wells lawn care and junk removalWe are here for all your lawn and clean up needs We do mowing and weedeating Mulching and tilling Tree and shrub trimming Leaves raking and removal We also do hauling services Limbs trash old furniture construction debris u name it we haul...
Help WantedTRUCK DRIVERS NEEDED Work for a local company that's well established with over 50 years in the business LOOKING FOR OVER THE ROAD TRUCK DRIVERS TO RUN DEDICATED LANES FOR ME, MIDWEST AND TEXAS ROUND TRIPS TO AND FROM THE BOOTHEEL, OUT 3-5 DAYS AND HOME THE SAME, GUARANTEED HOME TIME , NEW PETERBILT TRUCKS ARE IN , BE HOME ON WEEKENDS , MUST BE 23 AND HAVE CDL CLASS A, CALL 573-737-2428 OR TEXT 573-888-7802 FOR MORE INFO
Latest State & Nation News