KHD transports hundreds of animals1The Kennett Humane Department is a busy place. Just look at the numbers. Year to date they have brought in 898 animals, twenty of those were put down, the rest were either returned to their owners or...
Democrats unveil Farmer's Bill of RightsThe Missouri Democratic Party unveiled its Farmer’s Bill of Rights on Monday. “We have three values that we’re fighting for,” said Missouri Democrat Party Chair Stephen Webber. We have the right to a...
- Who or what was found (12/9/17)
- Kennett Schola Cantorum hosts annual concert December 14 (12/9/17)
- Holcomb Preschool sings for OAKS (12/7/17)
- Billington bringing Santa back to the Square (12/7/17)
- Lions Club Christmas Carnival welcomes Santa to Kennett (12/7/17)
- December 15 application deadline for 106th Recruit Class (12/7/17)
- Nunnery graduates from United States Marine Corps boot camp (12/7/17)
- KBW sponsors TRC Patrons of the Arts (12/7/17)
- SSB sponsoring annual Angel Tree (12/7/17)
- Kennett residents take a stand against recent violence (12/7/17)
- Risco boys rally from nine down at halftime to beat Clarkton 80-62 in quarterfinal of CCTCLARKTON, Mo. - The No. 1 seeded Risco Tigers quest to defend its title at the Clarkton Christmas Tournament looked to be in initial jeopardy after one half of play in its quarterfinal against the No. 8 seeded Clarkton Reindeer Monday afternoon. Host Clarkton outscored Risco by five points in the first quarter and four points in the second period to build a 33-24 lead by halftime...
- MISSOURIAN ROUNDUP: Kelly girls basketball claims consolation prize in Lady Devils Invitational (12/10/17)
- Seedings released for Lady Royals Classic (12/10/17)
- SEMO MEN'S BASKETBALL NOTEBOOK: Redhawks eliminate SIU's star center (12/10/17)
- Southeast Missouri State men's basketball team wins fourth straight, downs regional rival SIU on the road (12/10/17)
- Oran girls basketball overcomes gritty Chaffee defense, 51-46, to lift third straight Lady Devils Invitational trophy (12/9/17)
God's Wonders in the World (12/9/17)“O give thanks to the Lord of lords: for his mercy endureth for ever. To him who alone doeth great wonders: for his mercy endureth for ever.” (Psalms 136:3-4) All the physical things God has created cause us to wonder or be amazed! We wonder at the moon, stars, animals and plant life. ...
Taking back the neighborhood (12/9/17)The Kennett City Council heard from community members on Monday night expressing their concerns with violence and crime in their neighborhoods. The citizens were quick to praise the police department and their efforts to maintain law and order, however suggestions were made for increased patrols and neighborhood watch programs...
Shelby Small (12/11/17)Shelby Small, daughter of the late Jake and Norma (Boatright) Davidson, was born June 28, 1937 in Senath and departed this life December 9, 2017 at Lawrence Memorial Hospital in Walnut Ridge, Ark.,...
Charles Keniston (12/9/17)Charles Keniston, 83, of Hornersville, passed away Thursday, Dec. 7, 2017 at St. Bernard’s Regional Medical Center in Jonesboro, Ark. McDaniel Funeral Service of Senath is in charge of arrangements.
Charlotte Binkard (12/9/17)Charlotte Marie Binkard, daughter of the late Dillion Jackson Samples, Sr. and Minnie (Williams) Samples was born July 10, 1942 in Kennett, and departed this life on December 5, 2017 at the age of 75...
Carlos Dean Carter (12/7/17)Carlos Dean Carter, son of the late Kelvin Carter and Genevieve (McCain) Myres was born June 16, 1948 in Kennett, and departed this life on December 3, 2017 at the age of 69 years. Carlos married...
Legal NoticesNOTICE OF TRUSTEE'S SALE For default in the payment of debt secured by a deed of trust executed by Jason K Gilliam and Christine D Isbell, dated June 8, 2006, and recorded on June 9, 2006, Document No. 62460, in Book No. 475, at Page 940 in the Office of the Recorder of Deeds, Dunklin County, Missouri, the undersigned Successor Trustee will on January 5, 2018, at 1:00 PM, at the Front Door of the Dunklin County Courthouse, Kennett, Missouri, sell at public vendue to the highest bidder for...
Help WantedFirst Baptist Church (Kennett) has job openings for full time custodian and part time nursery coordinator. Those interested may pick up an application for employment at 300 St. Francis Street.
Help WantedMid-South Health Systems, the leader in community mental health, is currently searching for Licensed Therapists for the Blytheville Adult Outpatient Clinic and Blytheville School Based Program. MSHS offers competitive wages, an outstanding benefits package which includes a 5% match to a 401k plan, paid vacation, sick, personal, birthday and holiday time and employer paid life and LTD, paid training, continuing education, $6,000 location premium and relocation reimbursement. Please fax or...
City Real Estate***New Listing*** 2 bedroom, 1 bath home located on a dead end street. Last house at the end. Has updated vinyl windows, chainlinked fenced in backyard, nearly new roof, portable storage building. 125 Ode Johnson St. Senath, Mo. Call 717-3656 or 344-8532
Latest State & Nation News