Traffic accidents leave one dead and one injuredA Poplar Bluff man is dead after his pickup ran off a Butler County road just west of Poplar Bluff, struck and embankment and then a tree. According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, the victim...
McDaniel Funeral Home in Kennett plans new facilityJeff Dorris firstname.lastname@example.org McDaniel Funeral Service, a staple in the area for over 100 years, is getting an upgrade. The funeral home is planning a new facility for its Kennett location. The new...
- Rone dicamba bill passes House, moves to Senate (2/25/17)
- Brownies celebrate World Thinking Day on Courthouse lawn (2/25/17)
- Morgan pleads guilty to lesser charge (2/25/17)
- Absentee voting underway for April 4 election (2/25/17)
- Kennett woman arrested by CPD (2/25/17)
- Preschool screenings at Holcomb School District (2/25/17)
- Missouri State Highway Patrol seeks applicants (2/25/17)
- Farmers Market workshop in Sikeston (2/25/17)
- Lady Indians take District title with win over Malden (2/24/17)
- 7th Puppy Love Fantasy Pageant to benefit KHD Saturday (2/23/17)
Kennett City Council
- Kennett beats Malden 50-35 to claim its first district title in girls basketball since 2011MALDEN, Mo. - The Kennett Indians entered Thursday night’s Class 3, District 1 varsity girls basketball championship prepared for a see-saw battle against the Malden Green Wave. “We knew Malden was a quick team that would make some runs on us and we would have to overcome them,” Kennett senior point guard Hadley Hilburn said. “What we needed to do was slow down the game and make it our pace instead of their pace, and limit our turnovers.”...
- Campbell, Hayti reach C2D1 boys basketball final (2/23/17)
- Puxico, Hayti reach C2D1 girls basketball title game (2/23/17)
- UPDATED: Kennett football & wrestling coach Aaron Pixley resigns, accepts job as AD at Dexter (2/22/17)
- Caruthersville boys prevail again against Kennett 60-57 in C3D1 semifinal (2/22/17)
- Kennett girls eliminate Portageville 31-19, reach district final for first time since 2011 (2/21/17)
Some good stuff from this week (2/25/17)Steve Patton-Editor email@example.com It’s impossible anymore for me to watch national news. There’s too much yelling, too much protesting, and too much demagoguery. This week I didn’t want to present anything negative in this column, so I looked for positive issues about which to write. I’m glad to say I’ve found some positive ponderings...
Passing on personal possessions (2/25/17)Most of us own personal possessions that we believe are valuable. They may have sentimental value or monetary value (or both). A parent or grandparent may have given these items to us, or they may be souvenirs that we have picked up through our own travel or life experiences. ...
Charles Riggs (2/25/17)Charles Riggs, 80, of Kennett, passed away Friday, Feb. 24, 2017 in Kennett. Online condolences may be made at www.mcdanielfuneralservice.com. McDaniel Funeral Service of Kennett in charge of the...
Mavis Henson (2/25/17)Mavis Irene (Capps) Williams Henson of Bragg City went home to be with the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Wednesday, Feb. 15, 2017, at the home of her daughter, Deanna Wagster. She was 93 years old....
Louella Huckeby (2/23/17)Bessie Louella Huckeby, 95, of Gideon died Tuesday, Feb. 21, 2017 at Gideon Care Center. Bradshaw Funeral Home of Gideon is in charge of arrangements.
Deronda McElwrath (2/23/17)Deronda Ivera McElwrath, of Kennett, daughter of the late John Thomas Whitlock and Maggie (Gibson) Whitlock, was born Aug. 17, 1930 in Bucoda and departed this life on Tuesday, Feb. 21, 2017 at Twin...
Hannah Lynn Marie Hayes (2/21/17)Jake and Christen Hayes of Jonesboro announce the birth of their daughter, Hannah Lynn Marie Hayes. Born Feb. 10, 2017 at NEA Baptist Memorial Hospital, she weighed 9 pounds and 11 ounces. She is the granddaughter of Jimmy and Charla Hayes and Rich and Terri Colananni; and the great-granddaughter of Maxine Hayes, Roland and JoAnn Morgan; and Dr. Phillip and Martha Nix...
FOR SALE BY OWNER2br, 1ba home for sale in Campbell. Good investment property. Needs work. No RTO. $12,500 obo. 573-388-6168 or 573-987-6075.
For RentNOW TAKING APPLICATIONS FOR NORTH TOWN VILLA APARTMENTS 1 & 2 BEDROOMS CONTACT BETTY PELTS 1148 FLOYD STREET, KENNETT, MO 63857 573-888-5410
For RentNOW TAKING APPLICATIONS FOR AUTUMN VIEW APARTMENTS 1 BEDROOM CONTACT BETTY PELTS 913 FLOYD STREET, KENNETT, MO 63857 573-888-1558
For RentNOW TAKING APPLICATIONS FOR BRADLEY APARTMENTS 1 & 2 BEDROOMS CONTACT DON PELTS 2011 BRADLEY STREET, KENNETT, MO 63857 573-888-1436
- Morgan pleads guilty to lesser charge
- UPDATED: Kennett football & wrestling coach Aaron Pixley resigns, accepts job as AD at Dexter
- Kennett beats Malden 50-35 to claim its first district title in girls basketball since 2011
- DWI charges filed against Senath-Hornersville principal
- McDaniel Funeral Home in Kennett plans new facility
Latest State & Nation News