Mayes receives honor of Pastor EmeritusGary Mayes will receive the title of Pastor Emeritus, Sunday, September 15, at the First Christian Church in Kennett. Mayes was the senior pastor at the First Christian Church for 27 years. Current...
Here's Your Sign!Left lane ends. For decades now drivers have watched or witnessed accidents or near accidents while driving down First Street in Kennett as west bound drivers battle it out all the way to the end of...
- 2019 Fall Into Arts Contest Results (9/14/19)
- Nearly $1 Million in lottery winnings for area in August (9/14/19)
- JAG student wins essay contest (9/14/19)
- In the spirit of Christmas... (9/14/19)
- FCC Behavioral Health hosting suicide prevention balloon release (9/12/19)
- FCC brings awareness to suicide prevention (9/12/19)
- Cotton Pickin' Festival comes to Arbyrd (9/12/19)
- KMS adds beginning robotics after school program (9/12/19)
- Heritage..."We will never forget!" (9/12/19)
- Two churches hosting community festival (9/12/19)
Kennett City Council 9-3-19
- Cooter baseball team improves to 12-1, claims top prize at Stoutland TournamentSTOUTLAND, Mo. - Fresh off a third-place finish in the Class 1 state playoffs in June the Cooter Wildcats baseball program is enjoying continued success in its fall campaign. Cooter capped off a perfect 6-0 week Saturday night when it took home the top prize at the Stoutland baseball tournament in Southwest Missouri...
- Kennett football team shuts out Ste. Genevieve 33-0 (9/14/19)
- Kennett volleyball program gets first varsity win against Malden since 2014 (9/12/19)
- DDD FOOTBALL GLANCE: Kennett at Ste. Genevieve, Portageville at Malden (9/11/19)
- Undefeated Holcomb beats Senath-Hornersville in straight sets, heads to Dig for Life Challenge red hot (tournament schedule included) (9/11/19)
- Kennett girls tennis team beats Dexter; Kennett volleyball team beats South Pemiscot (9/10/19)
- Kennett adds five inductees to Kennett Athletics Hall of Fame (9/10/19)
- DDD VOLLEYBALL ROUNDUP: Holcomb & Gideon remain perfect, Kennett beats Oran (9/10/19)
Keeping It Topical (9/14/19)Whenever I sit down and prepare to write this column I’m often amazed at all the subjects I could cover. One of the first rules I try to follow is to keep it topical and there are a lot of topics to choose from in any given week. Those of you who have been reading these deliberations know I’m a tad bit superstitious. This being Friday the 13th and a full moon, I could write about this dubious day...
It's what He says (9/14/19)In the first century A.D., the Roman Empire wanted everyone in their empire, those diverse peoples, cultures, and religions to get along. It was to avoid getting involved with skirmishes among those different cultures and competing values. Fighting continuous rebellions and uprisings cost not only money, but weaken their military strength. ...
Blane Wilhite (9/14/19)Vince Blane Wilhite was born April 25, 1946, in Holcomb, and went to Heaven on August 29, 2019. Blane is survived by his wife: Charlotte; his son: Chris and wife, Angie; his best buddy, his grandson:...
Anna Faye Haynes (9/14/19)Anna Faye Haynes, 70, of Campbell, passed away Wednesday, September 11, 2019 at General Baptist Nursing Home in Campbell. Landess Funeral Home of Campbell is in charge of arrangements.
Thomas "Slick" Miller (9/14/19)Thomas “Slick” Miller was born November 28,1929 in Holcomb to the late William Bryant Miller and Edna Lucille Bagby Miller. He departed this life Tuesday, September 10, 2019 at Malden Nursing &...
Priscilla E. Wilson (9/14/19)Priscilla E. Wilson, 79, of Holcomb, passed away Wednesday, September 11, 2019, at NHC HealthCare in Kennett. Priscilla, daughter of Ed and Ivie Williams Dye, was born Saturday, August 17, 1940 in...
Sunnie Marlene Estes (8/20/19)Amy Michelle Black of Campbell, is pleased to announce the birth of her daughter, Sunnie Marlene Estes, born July 14, 2019 at 1:23 a.m. at St. Francis HealthCare System Family Birthplace in Cape Girardeau. Sunnie weighed 5 pounds and 13 ounces, and was 18 inches long...
Mobile Home RentalFOR LEASE 4 bedroom, 1 bath home in Kennett 2204 Chris Avenue $950/month + deposit 573-344-6333
Help WantedLocal Drivers Needed starting in October Home nightly Make Good Money and be treated right Must be 23 and Have Class A CDL Call or Text Mark 573-888-7202
For RentHOUSES FOR RENT 1) 3 Bedroom w/storage shed and playground $700/month $300/deposit 2) 2 Bedroom Available Now $300/month $300 deposit Both houses have fenced yards (front & back). Small pets are allowed. References required. Call 573-888-6885
City Real Estate3 BEDROOM BRICK HOME FOR SALE 1928 VENDA ST. IN KENNETT 1161 sq. ft., 90x150 lot w/privacy fence, double driveway, shed, new deck w/fire pit, attached garage, carport, c/h/a updated in last 5 years, new carpet in bedrooms, full bath newly remodeled, ½ bath, separate kitchen/dining/living room, appliances will stay! Asking $86,000 Call: 573-559-8444
Latest State & Nation News