Kennett Country Club welcomes Grill 87The Kennett Country Club bar and restaurant will be opening under new management. With new management comes lots of challenges and new unique changes. Grill 87 will offer fine dining at its best and...
The "Tortoise and the Hare" at S-H ElementaryThree Rivers College and Patrons of the Arts presented an Imaginary Theatre production of “The Tortoise and the Hare” to the students at Senath-Hornersville Elementary on Thursday. The famous fable...
- Parson's focus on state of bridges (1/19/19)
- KMS honors Davis (1/19/19)
- Barricaded suspect surrenders to Blytheville police (1/19/19)
- Charges filed in murder of Sikeston woman (1/19/19)
- Southland Elementary announces honor roll (1/19/19)
- No foul play suspected in death of Portageville man (1/19/19)
- MoDot is asking motorists to take bridge survey (1/19/19)
- Senath-Hornersville Homecoming Court (1/19/19)
- City of Malden receives award from MIRMA (1/17/19)
- American Legion honors former mayors (1/17/19)
Kennett City Council 1-8-19
- Kennett boys basketball becomes latest victim of No. 1 ranked Sikeston 93-51SIKESTON, Mo. - The Kennett Indians varsity boys basketball team got the offensive start it was hoping for but it wasn’t near enough to keep pace with the undefeated Sikeston Bulldogs Friday night. Sikeston, which is ranked No. 1 in the latest Class 4 state poll, scored at least 25 points in each of the first three quarters to build a comfortable 81-41 lead by the start of the fourth quarter on its way to a 93-51 mercy-rule victory at Kennett...
- Kennett girls basketball gets second win against district rival Twin Rivers 54-39 (1/17/19)
- Red-hot Portageville girls basketball outlasts Senath-Hornersville 54-46 (1/16/19)
- DDD ROUNDUP: Kennett boys basketball routs Saxony 69-48 (1/16/19)
- Kennett wrestling goes 2-1 at Poplar Bluff Quad (1/16/19)
- Portageville boys basketball wins defensive battle against Senath-Hornersville 46-41 (1/15/19)
- Kennett girls basketball drops conference affair to Notre Dame 54-23 (1/15/19)
- Kennett girls basketball beats Senath-Hornersville 54-17 (1/13/19)
Torment, thy name is worry (1/19/19)There are many fast things in this world. A jet is fast. A cheetah is fast. A toddler running from his mother is extremely fast. But I know something that has them all beat. My mind. Thoughts race through my mind faster than a twinkie at a weight watchers meeting...
Testing our Faith (1/19/19)Years ago there was a teacher who was very much into positive thinking. He had written books on strategies to motivate students and offered his services to speak to groups of the power of positive reinforcement strategies. One particular school year, he had “one of those classes”, mired in apathy to the point of rebellion. ...
Floella Nichols (1/17/19)Floella Nichols, 87, of Malden, passed away Sunday, January 13, 2019 at Poplar Bluff Regional Medical Center. Funeral arrangements are under the direction of Landess Funeral Home of Malden. Online...
Hazel E. Abernathy (1/15/19)Hazel Evelyn Abernathy, 89, of Campbell, passed away Saturday, January 12, 2019 at Piggott Community Hospital in Piggott, Ark. Hazel, daughter of Grover Benjamin and Alvah Margaret Tucker Cashion,...
Roger Maddox (1/15/19)Roger Maddox, 64, of Campbell, passed away Wednesday, January 9, 2019 at OSF Saint Francis Medical Center in Peoria, Ill. Landess Funeral Home of Campbell is in charge of arrangements.
Juanita Byrd (1/12/19)Juanita Venell Quigley Byrd, 94, daughter of the late Ruben Airon Quigley and Emma Jane (Williams) Quigley was born January 15, 1924 in Knoble, Ark., and departed this life on January 10, 2019 at...
Layne Michael Dormer (1/17/19)Dustin and Brittney Dormer wish to announce the birth of their son, Layne Michael Dormer, born December 17, 2018 at St. Bernard Hospital in Jonesboro, Ark. Dr. Sams delivered Layne at 6:56 p.m. He weighed 8 lbs. 2 oz., and was 21.5 inches long. Grandparents are Mike and Tammy Tidwell, Earl Dormer and Monica Maciel...
Farm Land RentalFARM GROUND FOR RENT NORTH OF KENNETT 159 acres m/l of crop land north of Kennett (Gilooly Farm) 111 acres are cotton based For more information, call 501-733-2816 or 573-421-1780
Free for the Taking
Free Kittens4 kittens to good home 2 white and grey one solid grey and one grey striped kitten they are about 2 months old.contact 573-344-2128
Help WantedHelp wanted for an experienced house keeper for large home to assist with home maintenance cleaning, occasional deep cleaning, ironing and from time to time requested organizational duties. Approximately, 12-16 hours per week. Flexible schedule....
Estate Sales3 Bedroom House For Sale 1201 Bailey Street in Campbell Complete Renovation inside and out Completed 12/05/18 Includes: All New Stainless Steel Appliances Refrigerator, Glasstop Electric Range, above Range Microwave/Venthood Combo and 40 Gallon Natural Gas Water Heater. Also includes Great Condition Used Kenmore Stacked Washer And Dryer. Excellent Condition Home, Extremely Clean and Move in Ready. A Must see and Priced to Sell. For more Info Call 573-276-2072
Latest State & Nation News