Summer food program underway for 2017The Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) started its 2017 season on Monday. The program ensures that children 18 years and under continue to receive nutritious meals when school is not in session....
Missouri lawmakers Monday power up for electric special sessionJEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) — Missouri lawmakers returned for a special session Monday to consider legislation that would allow lower electricity rates for two manufacturers supporters say could return...
- Annual Memorial Day Service set for Square (5/22/17)
- Hubrecht to resign from Mo. House (5/22/17)
- Clarkton Schools receive donation (5/22/17)
- Heritage holds Queen Pageant (5/22/17)
- FBLA raises money for national competition in California (5/22/17)
- Southeast announces Spring 2017 Dean’s List (5/22/17)
- Gideon Women’s Club hosts 50th Junior Pageant (5/22/17)
- A historical look at Missouri special legislative sessions (5/22/17)
- Portageville man victim of hit-and-run (5/22/17)
- Greitens: Special session key to more area jobs (5/22/17)
Kennett City Council
- South Pemiscot edges Van Buren 3-2 in Class 2 baseball sectionalSTEELE, Mo. - South Pemiscot baseball coach Jason House entered Monday’s state sectional against Van Buren hoping his team could find a way to collect a victory without going to its bullpen. “Our whole goal going into today was to get through this one with Logan Damesworth and have our No. 2 ready to go on Wednesday,” House said. “Our rotation since the conference tournament has been Damesworth starts the semifinal and Cain comes in for the next round.”...
- Four Kennett track athletes qualify for state (5/22/17)
- Kennett softball team drops Class 1 third-place game to Lincoln 8-6 (5/21/17)
- Kennett softball team drops state semifinal to Strafford 2-0 (5/20/17)
- Kennett softball team's state semifinal postponed until 4 p.m. Saturday (5/19/17)
- COMEBACK SLUGGERS DELIVER AGAIN: South Pemiscot rallies past Campbell 19-15 in C2D1 baseball final (5/17/17)
I usually love sunsets, but ... (5/19/17)Kennett voters finally decide the fate of the much debated half cent sales tax in a special election Aug. 8. As everybody should know by now, 1/8 of a cent goes to senior services, and the rest is earmarked to storm water projects around town. To borrow a Beatles’ line, it’s been a “long and winding road.” The City Council has voted twice to put the thing on the ballot. ...
For Mother’s Day (5/12/17)1I was thinking about what I would ponder about for Mother’s Day weekend, and I was drawn back to an article I wrote in August 2015. We were running recipes in the DDD at that time, and I wrote about my mom’s Texas Cake. At first I wasn’t going to include the recipe and just relay the story, but I didn’t think she’d be happy with that. So here it is – recipe and all...
Patricia Hindmon (5/22/17)Patricia Hindmon, of Kennett, daughter of the late John Jeff Nichols and Mary (Nunley) Nichols, was born Feb. 16, 1944 in Bruceton, Tenn. and departed this life on May 21, 2017 at Heritage Nursing...
Lonzo Moser (5/22/17)Lonzo Moser, son of the late Charlie David and Virgie (Andruss) Moser, was born May 11, 1949 in Izard County, Ark. and departed this May 20, 2017 at Arkansas Methodist Hospital in Paragould at the...
Sharon Rasberry (5/18/17)Sharon Kay Rasberry, 73, of Kennett, died May 16, 2017 at Hertiage Nursing Center in Kennett. Sharon was born to the late Orville and Violet (Shrum) Carter on Nov. 4, 1943 in McDougal, Ark. Sharon...
Ruth Payne (5/18/17)Ruth Payne, 91 of Kennett, passed away May 16, 2017 at National Health Care in Kennett. McDaniel Funeral Service of Kennett is in charge of the arrangements. Online condolences may be made at...
Kohen Michael Beau Dullenty (4/28/17)Thomas and Kelly Wilkerson-Dullenty, of Bragg City, would like to announce the birth of their son, Kohen Michael Beau Dullenty. He was born April 19, 2017 at 8:21 a.m. weighing nine pounds and three ounces. He was 21.25 inches long. Maternal grandparents are David and Linda Wilkerson of Bragg City. Paternal grandparents are Michael and Joyce Dullenty of Morrisonville, Ill., and Rita Saffell of Collierville, Ill...
MiscellaneousREQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS, Kennett 39 School District The School District is requesting proposals from NAESCO Accredited Energy Service Companies. The District desires to select a full service firm who will be available to assist with all aspects of project planning, development, design, project implementation and the long term guarantee of savings. The deadline for submitting your response will be no later than Friday, June 9, 2017 at 12:00 P.M. Parties interested in obtaining a Request...
Legal NoticesNOTICE OF TRUSTEE'S SALE Default having been made in the payment of that certain note secured by Deed of Trust executed by Kelly L Geno nka Kelly L. York, unmarried, dated October 6, 2003 and recorded on October 21, 2003 in Book 430, Page 435, Office of Recorder of Deeds, Dunklin County, Missouri. The Successor Trustee will on June 15, 2017, between the hours of 9:00 o'clock A.M. and 5:00 P.M. more particularly at 10:00AM, at the Dunklin County Courthouse, Courthouse Square, South Front...
Campers2007 Keystone 21 ft camping trailer, extra clean and in excellent working condition, sleeps 4, has lots of extras. Asking $6,750 OBO. To see Call 573-757-7005.
Free for the TakingFREE MOBILE HOME! Located in Rives, Mo. Move it off the lot. For more info contact Chris Roser 731-607-0368
- COMEBACK SLUGGERS DELIVER AGAIN: South Pemiscot rallies past Campbell 19-15 in C2D1 baseball final
- Cooter baseball team repeats as district champs, shuts out Gideon 5-0
- Salon B offers an experience
- Pursuit ends with two arrests in Hayti
- South Pemiscot edges Van Buren 3-2 in Class 2 baseball sectional
Latest State & Nation News