Freedom House celebrates volunteer teachersThe Freedom House Mission Bible Training Center in Holcomb continues to grow and renovate their property. One of the reasons for the program’s growth is the dedication and support of area volunteers...
Grebing tells Council to stay positive3During Tuesday night’s city council meeting, Kennett’s Economic Development Director Jim Grebing advises that although Aldi is leaving Kennett, there are other prospects who are interested in growing...
- Caldwell Book Signing Saturday (10/17/19)
- Campbell Jr. High Band takes first place (10/17/19)
- Lela Gay celebrates 101st birthday (10/17/19)
- Southeast alumni, faculty to be honored with 2019 Merit Awards (10/17/19)
- Figgins inducted into MO Tourism Hall of Fame (10/17/19)
- Daichi food truck burns (10/17/19)
- Southeast to celebrate Homecoming 2019 with 'Let's Soar' theme (10/17/19)
- Fire at food truck (10/16/19)
- Redman recalls youth in World War II London (10/15/19)1
- From the Vaults- Mayor Warren Karsten (10/15/19)
Kennett City Council 10-1-19
- Campbell beats Malden in title game of BHC varsity volleyball tournament; Portageville rallies past Malden to claim JV titleSTEELE, Mo. - The Campbell Camels varsity volleyball team entered Thursday night’s Bootheel Conference Tournament title game against the Malden Green Wave wanting to limit the number of free balls it sent over the net. “We cannot send any free balls over the net against strong-hitting teams if we want to be successful,” Campbell coach Gentry Vancil said. ...
- DDD FOOTBALL GLANCE: Kennett at Malden (10/17/19)
- 2019 Tri-County Conference baseball awards released (10/16/19)
- DDD ROUNUP: Bootheel Conference & Tri-County Conference volleyball results (10/16/19)
- Three Kennett girls tennis players qualify for individual state tournament (10/16/19)
- Kennett volleyball beats Twin Rivers on Senior Night (10/15/19)
- DDD ROUNDUP:Three Kennett cross country runners medal at Woodland Invitational (10/14/19)
- Six Kennett tennis players medal at district, four qualify for Class 1 sectional (10/13/19)
Home repairs, used cars (10/15/19)As my dad aged, he was continuously being duped; in fact, before his memory faded and clear thinking had passed, he managed to hire the most unscrupulous people. I always told him, “never pay the whole amount until the job is done, and always get it in writing.” What really made me mad were the ones who took advantage of him and my mom after they were in their golden years, especially with mom’s dementia...
Words (10/12/19)Rotarian Laura Ford presented a program on the changing definitions of words at the Kennett Rotary meeting on Thursday. I found it fascinating so I thought I’d share some of her examples with you and throw in a few of my own. Over time, the meaning of words have changed, some several times and some have completely disappeared...
Bobby Dean Moore (10/15/19)Bobby Dean Moore, 65, formerly of Kennett, passed away Wednesday, Oct. 2, 2019. He was born July 30, 1954 to Joe Wayne and Dorotha Lee (McNew) Moore. Survivors include his wife, Deborah Moore;...
Linda Faulkner (10/15/19)Linda Virginia Lucille (Gibson) Faulkner, 95, daughter of the late Arzo Gibson and Neaver (Newman) Gibson was born June 7, 1924 in Bucoda, Missouri and departed this life on October 10, 2019. Linda...
L.D. Hill (10/12/19)L.D. Hill, 90, of Gideon, passed away Thursday, October 10, 2019 at Gideon Care Center in Gideon. Bradshaw Funeral Home of Malden in charge of arrangements.
Jim Darnell (10/10/19)Jim Darnell, of Malden, son of the late Ralph Darnell and Ada Pearl Davis Darnell, was born in Malden October 18, 1929. Mr. Darnell passed away Tuesday, October 8, 2019 at the VA Medical Center in...
Chase-Lee Joe Murphy (10/1/19)Frankie Joe and Morgan Paige Murphy are proud to announce the birth of their daughter, Chase-Lee Joe Murphy, born August 21, 2019 at 4:30 p.m., at St. Francis Healthcare System - Family Birthplace in Cape Girardeau. She weighed in at 6 pounds and 5 ounces, and was 19 inches long...
Farm Land RentalFARM LAND/FOR RENT ON COUNTY ROAD 421 159 acres m/l of crop land north of Kennett (Gilooly Farm) ****DOES HAVE WELLS**** 111 acres are cotton based For more information call 501-733-2816
Autos2019 JEEP CHEROKEE 4-cyl., auto, full power, AWD, with cold weather package, and remote start. One owner, nonsmoker, garage kept, silver in color. Asking $20,995 Can be seen at 84 West Motel 1433 St. Francis St. in Kennett - ask for Maria 573-888-0507
Beautiful wedding dress and wedding decorBeautiful wedding dress $125, some wedding decor,also have 100 white polyester chair covers,100 turquoise chair sashes, 10 white table cloths, and orange table runners. If interested call or text 573-344-9354 $200
Help WantedDECKHANDS NEEDED: Full-time positions competitive wages with benefits. Experience preferred, but not necessary. Must be 18 years of age. Call: 573-688-2275
Latest State & Nation News