Kennett City Council meetingDue to technical difficulties the 11-21-17 meeting of the Kennett City Council was unable to be recorded. The DDD apologizes for the inconvenience.
Steele Police arrest man wanted for Kennett shootingSteele Police Chief Billy Joe Stanfield reports that during the night hours of November 20, officer Joshua Carter responded to the Deerfield Travel Center in reference to a stolen motor vehicle....
- Shop small business on Saturday (11/21/17)
- Hannah Worrell of Hornersville inducted into Harding University honor society (11/21/17)
- Shoe Sensation will be closed Thanksgiving and reopen for Black Friday (11/21/17)
- Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes ship out (11/21/17)
- Pancake breakfast hosted by Senath Lions Club (11/21/17)
- KPD dispatched to shooting (11/20/17)
- KFD battle blaze on Hopper (11/20/17)
- Kennett Christian Academy holds annual Thanksgiving dinner (11/18/17)
- Arbyrd Board deals with water meter tampering (11/18/17)
- Veterans battle PTSD on the home front (11/18/17)
- Southeast Missouri State women's basketball opens own Thanksgiving Classic vs. EvangelWhen the Southeast Missouri State women's basketball takes to the floor Friday, looking to avoid a third straight loss, it will take on Evangel in the SEMO Thanksgiving Classic. Tipoff is set for 3:15 p.m. at the Show Me Center. The Crusaders are an NAIA program from Springfield, Missouri, and sit at 1-5 entering the contest...
- Southeast Missouri State softball announces five signings for 2019 (11/22/17)
- MISSOURIAN ROUNDUP: Cauble scores 50 points as Oran girls basketball defeats SCC (11/21/17)
- MISSOURIAN BASKETBALL PREVIEWS: A team-by-team look at the 2017-18 basketball season (11/20/17)
- Girls Basketball Preview: Malden girls remain hungry for district title (11/20/17)
- MISSOURIAN ROUNDUP: Jackson girls basketball opens season with a victory (11/18/17)
Choose the important things (11/18/17)A person should choose the important things in life. A Christian will organize these things in the order of their importance. God should be first in one’s life. God will not take second place. “Thou shalt have no other gods before me.” (Exodus 20:3) “Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. ...
From the Stacks (11/18/17)The past few weeks as I have pondered Thanksgiving and have planned for decorations and meals, goodness shines everywhere. By taking a brief pause, the gifts and simple pleasures received through others can be recognized. From a great conversation about a new release or the little girl who delights in the purple sucker, there is no price tag on these joys. The many gifts garnered throughout my life I wish to repay because I am blessed...
James Thomason (11/21/17)James Thomason, 80, of Malden, passed away Friday, Nov. 17, 2017 at Delta South Skilled Nursing and Rehab in Sikeston. Bradshaw Funeral Home of Malden is in charge of arrangements.
Nadine Sherman Pavy (11/21/17)Nadine Sherman Pavy, 78, of Malden, passed away Sunday, Nov. 19, 2017 at Poplar Bluff Regional Medical Center. Bradshaw Funeral Home of Malden is in charge of arrangements.
W.L. "Dub" Sturgeon (11/18/17)W. L. “Dub” Sturgeon, son of the late William Luther Sturgeon and Sylvia (Long) Sturgeon Sutton was born January 31, 1933 in Senath, and departed this life on November 16, 2017 at the age of 84. Dub...
Johnathan Rice (11/18/17)Johnathan Rice, 35, of Dexter, passed away Monday, Nov. 13, 2017 in Sedalia, Mo. Bradshaw Funeral Home of Malden is in charge of arrangements.
Legal NoticesTRUSTEE'S NOTICE OF SALE Because the Mortgagor has defaulted on the payment of his Promissory Note, I, Johnny Dalton, Trustee, will sell the real estate which serves as security for the Promissory Note. 1. Description: A part of Lot 3, Block 11, Original Town of Holcomb, Dunklin County, Missouri, described as beginning in the Northwest Corner of said Lot 3, Block 11, thence East 150 feet, thence South 90 feet, thence West 150 feet, thence North 90 feet to the place of beginning. 2....
BORDER COLLIE PUPPIES!Negotiable/Deliverable 6 wks. old Shots/Wormed Farm Dogs (herding/guarding livestock) Great Pets (highly intelligent/easily trainable) Can be "House" dogs and/or "Service" dogs Males and Females Not...
For RentHOUSE FOR RENT 3 bedroom, 2 bath, ch/a, located at 1951 Dunklin. $600 month & $300 deposit. Pick up application form. 573-559-4375
MiscellaneousBarnett Crossbow with 6 arrows $250. Call Ted Brogden 888-7646
Latest State & Nation News