Kennett native opens soul food restaurantKennett native, Billy Finley has had several businesses in Kennett in the past and is ready to open his latest venture, B & J Soul Food and BBQ. “I’ve been in several businesses before,” said Finley....
Application Deadline Approaches for Nursing Programs at Three RiversThe application deadlines for several Three Rivers College Nursing programs in Poplar Bluff and Kennett are approaching. The application deadlines are March 1 for the Poplar Bluff Associate of...
- Campbell Council met Monday but lack of Quorum leaves little business to be addressed
- Boy Scout Troop 272 holds Court of Honor
- Cardwell Fire Department receives honors
- February is theAmerican Cancer Society's Couple's Month
- KPD says school violence rumors untrue
- Relay for Life looking for 2019 return to Kennett (2/15/18)
- KHD extends deadline for t-shirt fundraiser (2/15/18)
- Decker tags 8-point buck (2/15/18)1
- Senath Council discusses grant and police vehicle (2/15/18)
- JAG program changing lives at KHS (2/15/18)
- High school basketball district quarterfinal results (Feb. 17)Quarterfinals (Feb. 17) 1-Risco 109, 8-Southland 21 4-Cooter vs. 5-Gideon 2-Scott County Central vs. 7-North Pemiscot 3-Clarkton vs. 6-Delta C-7 Quarterfinals (Feb. 17) 1-Eminence 89, 8-St. Paul Lutheran 21 4-Lesterville vs. 5-Viburnum...
- Kennett standout Patrick Maddox elects to play football at Southeast Missouri State (2/16/18)
- Kennett standout Demarius Warren elects to play football at Hutchison Community College (2/16/18)
- Senath-Hornersville boys basketball teams secures winning season with victory against North Pemiscot (2/16/18)1
- Holcomb boys fall to Malden 79-41 on Senior Night (2/16/18)
- Kennett Alumni Volleyball Event (Feb. 24) (2/15/18)
- Caruthersville boys basketball team storms past Kennett after halftime 54-45 (2/14/18)
- Kennett girls basketball team concludes regular season with 58-31 victory at Holcomb (2/14/18)
Sociopath Stew (2/17/18)Why do kids kill? It seems like such an unbelievable question to ask, yet here we are again with another tragic school shooting. What is occurring in our society that is creating a culture where our youth engage in mass murder? Why do kids kill? What has happened in our world where our kids believe shooting someone is an appropriate solution?...
The Happy Returns of Lent (2/17/18)Much has been written about disciple Peter’s dim-witted response to see the Lord Jesus all glowing in a bright white—bright enough to illuminate two figures standing next to Him—Moses and Elijah. By the time of the Transfiguration (Mark 9: 2-13), Moses had been dead almost a millennia and a half, while Elijah had been literally carried off this earth in a chariot some 600 years before then. ...
June RobertsJune Roberts, 75, of Doniphan, passed from this life and into the next Saturday, February 10, 2018, at Mercy Hospital in St. Louis. She was born June 23, 1942, in Senath, to Jeff and Hazel Brooks....
Margaret "Peggy" BrayMemorial services for Margaret “Peggy” Bray, 98, of Texas, formerly of Gideon, will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, February 24, 2018 at the First Baptist Church in Gideon with Rev. Randy DeProw...
Robert CountsRobert Randal Counts, 78, of Campbell, passed away Tuesday, February 13, 2018, at Piggott Community Hospital. Funeral arrangements are under the direction of Landess Funeral Home of Campbell.
Kendall D. MerrittKendall D. Merritt, 39, of Bernie, passed away Wednesday, February 14, 2018 at Poplar Bluff Regional Medical Center in Poplar Bluff. Funeral arrangements are under the direction of Landess Funeral...
Paisley Faye Cooper (2/8/18)Daniel and Brittney Cooper of Malden, announce the birth of their daughter, Paisley Faye Cooper, born December 27, 2017, at Southeast Hospital in Cape Girardeau. Paisley weighed 9 pounds and 2.7 ounces, and was 21 inches long. She is the granddaugther of Philip and Mae Cooper of Malden, and Steven and Alice Darmofal of Tallapoosa...
RN Case ManagerCampbell Home Health Agency Full –time Registered Nurse position available: ** CASE MANAGER,RN** Competitive wages with mileage and full benefits package available. Apply online at pch-health.com...
Help Wanted10 Temp Farmworkers needed 3/26/18 – 11/10/18. Workers will plant, cultivate, and harvest crops. Workers will have extensive periods of sitting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, repetitive movement, frequent stopping and lifting 75lbs. Must have 3 months verifiable experience operating 55+ hp farm equipment & affirmative verifiable job references. May random drug test at employer’s expense. Guaranteed at least 3/4 of contract hours but hours will vary according to weather and crop...
For RentTaking applications Mobile home for rent in Clarkton. Background check & good rental reference required. Call 573-281-8929
Help WantedSENATH HEALTHCARE IS GROWING!! Senath Healthcare, a long term care facility is currently looking to hire; an ADON, LPNs, CMTs, CNAs. We want employees who are energetic, results oriented, have strong leadership and supervisory skills, and are team players. Successful applicants will also have a rehabilitation focus, be challenged by psychiatric residents, and enjoy working with the elderly and those with special needs. Requirements include an unencumbered Missouri license, current CPR...
Latest State & Nation News