Superintendent Wilson discusses security upgrades and renovationsRecently Dr. Chris Wilson, Superintendent of the Kennett School District #39 sent out a letter informing parents and guardians of a new security policy the district would be implementing. The policy...
Police admit mistake in confiscating CBD product from local shop ownerEverybody makes mistakes, even the police. This is exactly the comment made by Kennett Patrol Officer Mike Delahunt. On Saturday, June 16, while doing a live radio broadcast at her shop (SunSplash),...
- City cleanup will be a little different this year in Kennett
- Street department asking residents to trim shrubs blocking line of site for traffic
- Southeast Missouri Regional Jazz Orchestra concert to be held in Kennett
- St. Bernards confirms interest in healthcare relationship with Dunklin County (7/20/18)
- KFD responds to smoke presence at post office (7/20/18)
- Commission informs Senath residents on proposals (7/19/18)
- Improvements continue in City of Malden (7/19/18)
- Southside Baptist Church to hold Vacation Bible School (7/19/18)
- Mike Prestininzi to preach gospel at Westside Church of Christ (7/19/18)
- Steele pharmacy burglarized (7/18/18)
Kennett City Council 7-17-18
- Night of Champions scheduled for Friday at Kennett Weight RoomThe second annual Night of Champions is slated to take place July 27 at 5 p.m.at Kennett High School weight room. Athletes will participate in bench press, squat and power clean lifting at the event. “This is a great team-builder to generate some enthusiasm and get excited about the season,” Kennett football coach Joel Wyatt said at the event last season...
- Senath-Hornersville grad Brady Bibbs makes Ohio Valley League West All-Star Team
- Ultimate Baseball edges Buckley Bombers 3-2 in opener at Midwest Plains Regional (7/20/18)
- Kennett High School track reopens to the public (7/19/18)
- Ultimate Baseball set to begin play in Midwest Plains Regional Friday (schedule included) (7/18/18)
- Kennett 11U set to begin play in Midwest Plains Regional Thursday (7/18/18)
- Kennett wins final home swim meet (7/17/18)
- Kennett swimmer Harrison Rhew qualifies for Junior Olympics (7/14/18)
Social media is a tough room (7/21/18)Ask any entertainer, comedian, or band member and they can tell you about a tough room. The audience is either deathly quiet and unresponsive or break out the chicken wire because bottles and food are about to be hurled in your direction. When I was in the music business I endured many tough rooms, but by far the toughest room I’ve visited lately is located within the social media realm. Particularly Facebook...
Baggage claims (7/21/18)A creation scientist was recently accosted by a young man who described himself as a Christian. The young man was angry that a Christian could actually believe that Genesis 1-3 could possibly be literally true because “science”, he said, has proven that the earth is billions of years old, not the Christian claim of just over 6,000 years. Of course, the young man never gave any evidence from “science” to back up his truth claim but the scientist did—lots of evidence—to back up Biblical creation...
Jerry Wayne StreetJerry Wayne Street, 77, passed away Friday, July 13, 2018, at his residence in Clarkton. He was born Aug. 25, 1940, in Dexter to Maudie Holt Allen and Leslie Street. Survivors include two daughters:...
Randall RamseyRandall Ramsey, the long time Mayor of Parma, died peacefully in his sleep on July 16, 2018. In addition to being Mayor, he owned and operated W.L. Ramsey, Inc. a farm equipment dealership for more...
Buford L. SnipesBuford L. Snipes, 73, passed away Sunday, July 15, 2018, at Sikeston Convalescent Center in Sikeston. He was born Oct. 29, 1944 in Holcomb to the late J.A. And Frieda (Cook) Snipes. He was a veteran...
Deronda Ann BostonDeronda Ann Boston (nee Luther) of Winnetka, Calif., passed away on Sunday, July 8, 2018, at the age of 78. Deronda was born to Delbert A. Luther, Sr. and Agnes Champ Luther on the farm of her...
Jamari Dashawn Miller (7/21/18)Jada Miller of Malden, announces the birth of her son, Jamari Dashawn Miller, born May 15, 2018, at Saint Francis Healthcare System in Cape Girardeau. He weighed 3 pounds and 1 ounce, and was 15.2 inches long. He is the grandson of Chasity McCoy of Malden...
Maxon Fletcher Halford (7/21/18)Shawnda and Andrew Halford of Malden, announce the birth of their son, Maxon Fletcher Halford, born June 22, 2018, at 10:51 a.m., at Saint Francis Healthcare System in Cape Girardeau. He weighed 6 pounds and 13 ounces, and was 19.25 inches long. He is the grandson of Jon Johnson of Malden, and Mark and Nancy Halford of Risco...
MiscellaneousFor Sale 2007 Russell Kennett, MO. 573-344-5812
City Real EstateHOUSE FOR SALE 930 East Baker Dr. 2,616 sq. ft. 3 bedroom, 2 bath, large master bedroom(20x24), living room, dining room, open kitchen, new counter tops with separate breakfast area, den, office, fenced back yard. Asking $129,700 Please call 573-888-7487
City Real EstatePRICE REDUCED 1814 Allison St.-Miles Richardson Subdivision Kennett, 4 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, master suite & laundry room on main level, large living room & family room, formal dining room, 3 bedrooms on 2nd level w/large bathroom, lots of storage, 2 car garage & a separate single car garage on property, new stainless appliances & quartz counters in kitchen, updated bathrooms, all new windows in 2017, large 2 tier deck, membership & community swimming pool next door. Call American Elite...
MiscellaneousFISH SHACK USA Farm Raised Catfish Carry-out every THURSDAY & FRIDAY 11:00-1:00 & 4:30-7:00 407 First St. Kennett 573-344-2920 or 344-0251 MP Cannon
- KHD asks for help in identifying suspects
- County Commission answers questions regarding hospital tax propositions at Town Hall meeting in Malden
- Kennett City Council to decide whether to rezone property for drug and alcohol recovery
- Dr. Pu discusses importance of county hospital
- Kennett Police Reports
Latest State & Nation News