Murder in MaldenThe Malden Police Department, Dunklin County Sheriff's Department, Missouri State Highway Patrol and the Missouri State Highway Patrol's Division of Drug and Crime are currently investigating a...
Christmas craft show kicks off holiday seasonThe Christmas in the Bootheel Craft Fair kicks off the holiday season on Saturday, November 3 at the Bridge Church located at 14763 Josephine Drive in Kennett. Fair organizer Tommy Tansil has been...
- Alford says God saw her through her toughest battle "Cancer" (10/20/18)
- SHJH holds annual Pink Game (10/20/18)
- Presbyterian Church Bazaar to be held Nov. 3 (10/20/18)
- Blessing of the animals to be held Sunday at the First Presbyterian Church (10/20/18)
- KPD taking back unwanted prescription drugs October 27 (10/20/18)
- Missouri co-ops at work on hurricane repairs (10/20/18)
- Trick or Treat at the Bootheel Youth Museum (10/20/18)
- North Main opens up (10/18/18)
- Kennett still holding its own after hospital closure (10/18/18)1
- Malden continues to focus on clean-up (10/18/18)
Kennett City Council 10-2-18
- Malden football team falls to Dexter 34-0MALDEN, Mo. — On Malden’s senior night, the Green Wave crashed into a stout Dexter defense. The Bearcats gained 413 yards of total offense, holding the Green Wave to 167 yards en route to a 34-0 win for the Bearcats. Malden was held scoreless for the second straight week...
- Kennett football team secures first win against Sikeston since 2007 (10/20/18)
- Five Kennett girls tennis players conclude season at state tournament (10/20/18)
- Bloomfield defeats Malden in Class 2 volleyball showdown (10/19/18)
- FOOTBALL GLANCE: Sikeston at Kennett & Dexter at Malden (10/17/18)
- Kennett volleyball team takes second in SEMO South Division Pool (10/16/18)1
- Kennet middle school girls basketball team takes on Campbell & South Pemiscot (10/16/18)
- Three inductees added to Kennett Athletic Hall of Fame (10/16/18)
Pampered kids epedimic (10/20/18)Temper tantrums. Crying when they hear the word no. I’m bored, uttered throughout the day. You would think this is the behavior of toddlers. It’s not. These are examples of what teens and twenty-somethings exhibit on a regular basis. Are we raising a generation that lacks any coping skills whatsoever?...
Wisdom knocking (10/20/18)In a recent Sunday afternoon neighborhood prayer canvas, the church’s youth and I knocked the doors of some forty-three houses. Considering that at least a third of the residents were not home or opted not to answer the door, we felt blessed to have been trusted by eleven of the residents who requested prayers from us strangers as we promised to do when the youth and I returned to the church later that day. ...
Samuel Eugene Massey (10/20/18)Samuel Eugene Massey, son of the late Phillip and Salona (Garner) Massey was born April 20, 1936 in Silverdale, Mo., and departed this life October 19, 2018 at NHC in Kennett. Sam married Jo Ann...
Corbett L. Reagan II (10/20/18)Corbett Lee “Corky” Reagan II, 73, of Ft. Worth, Texas, passed away October 11, 2018. He was born October 26, 1944, in Kennett, the first child of Corbett Lee and Jeffie Jean Reagan. Corky attended...
William T. Downs (10/20/18)William “Bill” Thomas Downs, 62, of Campbell, passed away Tuesday, October 16, 2018 at Poplar Bluff Regional Medical Center in Poplar Bluff. William, son of John Hubert Downs, Sr. and Betty Laverne...
Deronda Ann Boston (10/18/18)Deronda Ann Boston (nee Luther), 78, of Winnetka, Calif., passed away on Sunday, July 8, 2018. Deronda was born to Delbert A. Luther, Sr. and Agnes Champ Luther on the farm of her Grandfather,...
Addilyn Claire Gray (10/2/18)Zack and Emmalea Gray of Weston, W. Va., announce the birth of their daughter, Addilyn Claire Gray, born April 5, 2018, in Williamsport, Pa. She weighed 6 pounds and 7 ounces, and was 19 inches long. She is the granddaughter of Jerry and Keith Gray of Holcomb, and Jim and Pam Nelson of St. Francis, Ark...
GeneralSAT., OCT 27 305 White Oak Place KENNETT 8am - 3pm Lots of holiday decorations, household items, clothing, hunting/fishing items
Help WantedJOB OPENING The Senath-Hornersville School District is accepting applications for a full-time maintenance and bus driver position. Candidates must either have a CDL and bus permit, or be willing to obtain one. Background in heating and air conditioning a plus. Interested parties may apply at the Superintendent’s office in Senath. For information call Travis Cantrell at 573-344-5480.
Help WantedThe Campbell R-II School District is seeking applicants for a FULL TIME CAFETERIA POSITION Hours are 5:30 a.m. till 1:30 p.m. Monday through Friday with Hourly Wages and Benefits. Interested applicants should contact the Superintendent's Office at (573)246-2133 ext 4 or go to the district's website www.campbell.k12.mo.us for an application.
For Rent2 bedroom house for rent ch/a, has stove & fridge, new carpet, carport, 806 4th St. $575 month & $575 deposit. No phone calls after 9pm. Serious inquiries only Call 573-258-1505
Latest State & Nation News