St. John AME Church BBQ FundraiserPhotos by Steve Patton, staff St. John A.M.E. Church in Kennett is holdings its 35th annual BBQ Chicken/Pork Steak fundraiser. It runs until 3 p.m. this afternoon but is also going on Saturday from...
Farewell To A HeroFirefighters from around the region, as well as family and friends, paid their last respects to Christopher Butler on Thursday. Butler served as a fireman and EMS instructor, and was a dedicated...
- Headline:O.J. Simpson granted parole after nearly 9 years in prison (7/20/17)
- Vavak: Democrat woman of the year (7/19/17)1
- Open House at KMS (7/19/17)
- City of Arbyrd announces festival line-up (7/19/17)
- Raffle to raise funds for scholarship (7/19/17)
- Watermelon delivery at The OAKS (7/19/17)
- Town hall meeting, street repairs top Council discussion (7/19/17)
- Local FBLA takes top honors in California (7/17/17)
- Breathe Easy: COPD management (7/17/17)1
- Annual chicken/pork steak fundraiser (7/17/17)
Kennett City Council
- Kennett wins 2017 Southeast Missouri Swim Conference ChampionshipCAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. - Kennett head swim coach Malinda Harris entered Saturday’s conference championship hoping depth would carry her program to a conference title. “We were hopeful going in we could win because of our numbers,” Harris said. “We had 156 kids register to swim in the championship, which is about 20 to 25 more kids than what we have had in the past. But I knew it was going to be tough to win the meet because River City has so many top-level swimmers.”...
- First annual Night of Champions Friday at Kennett weight room (7/17/17)
- Kennett Athletics Booster Club Four-Person Golf Scramble set for Aug. 4 at Kennett Country Club (7/17/17)
- Ultimate Baseball settles for second, drops state championship to traditional juggernaut Charleston Fighting Squirrels 13-3 (7/16/17)
- State semifinals set at Senior Babe Ruth State Tournament (7/15/17)
- Ultimate Baseball beats Wayne County Lumberjacks 6-3 in state semifinal (7/15/17)
A flip on fireworks (7/14/17)2Last week I wrote about the fireworks problem in the city. I should have waited on that column until after the Tuesday night Kennett City Council meeting. As reported, several residents in Ward 1 spoke about fireworks terrorism. I didn’t use that term in the article Thursday, and I know that’s a tough way to describe it. You may bristle at it a little bit, but that’s the term that came to my mind as I heard these citizens telling their stories...
On fireworks and the City of Kennett (7/8/17)
Reba Gray (7/19/17)Reba Gay (nee Winters) Gray, age 82, of Pevely, Mo., passed away Friday, June 30, 2017, at Scenic Nursing and Rehabilitation in Herculaneum, Mo. She was born November 5, 1934, in Hornersville, the...
Kerri (Mitchell) Jones (7/19/17)Kerri (Mitchell) Jones, 50, of Cape Girardeau, formerly of Kennett, passed away July 17, 2017 in Cape Girardeau. Online condolences may be made at www.mcdanielfuneralservice.com. McDaniel Funeral...
Kerri Jones (7/18/17)
Verniece Kilburn (7/17/17)Verniece “Susie” Kilburn, daughter of the late James Oran and Mary Jemima (Lemonds) Hall, was born April 6, 1927 in Caruth and departed this life July 15, 2017 at the age of 90 years. Verniece...
MiscellaneousLike new Elliptical $100. Call 573-559-5161
GeneralCarport Sale Saturday, 6am-? 1701 Wilburn Dr. wide variety of items
Care for the Elderly
Service offeredI will sit with elderly at home or hospital. I have my CNA and my CMA. Days or Nights. 8706310942
GeneralRUMMAGE SALE Friday & Saturday July 21st & 22nd 915 N. Main St. Kennett, MO. Clothes & misc. items
Latest State & Nation News