City of Malden receives award from MIRMAThe City of Malden held it’s monthly city council meeting one week early in order to observe Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. With a packed house, the council was a few members shy due to illnesses. But...
American Legion honors former mayorsThe Samuel T. Adams American Legion Post 66 honored two distinguished members at their regular meeting on January 8. Legionnaires Sol Astrachan and Roger Wheeler were named Legionnaires of the Year...
- City of Malden appoints new City Administrator (1/17/19)
- Genealogical Society to meet Saturday (1/17/19)
- Risco Rural Independent Club meets (1/17/19)
- Senath-Hornersville Middle School Honor Roll and Perfect Attendance for 2nd Quarter (1/17/19)
- Pilot Flying J opens newly rebuilt travel center in Matthews (1/17/19)
- Planning session held for 412 improvements (1/15/19)
- Kennett cracking down on animal abuse/neglect cases (1/15/19)
- From the Vaults-Taylor Grigory: Early resident of Dunklin writes of Pioneer days (1/15/19)1
- Death investigation underway in Portageville (1/15/19)
- Two arrested on gun, drug charges (1/15/19)
Kennett City Council 1-8-19
- Kennett girls basketball gets second win against district rival Twin Rivers 54-39KENNETT, Mo. - The Twin Rivers Royals varsity girls basketball team remained within striking distance most of the way but slowly lost ground against the Kennett Indians Thursday night. Host Kennett outscored Twin Rivers by single digits in every quarter on its way to a 54-39 home victory...
- Red-hot Portageville girls basketball outlasts Senath-Hornersville 54-46 (1/16/19)
- DDD ROUNDUP: Kennett boys basketball routs Saxony 69-48 (1/16/19)
- Kennett wrestling goes 2-1 at Poplar Bluff Quad (1/16/19)
- Portageville boys basketball wins defensive battle against Senath-Hornersville 46-41 (1/15/19)
- Kennett girls basketball drops conference affair to Notre Dame 54-23 (1/15/19)
- Kennett girls basketball beats Senath-Hornersville 54-17 (1/13/19)
- Kennett wrestling team drops first home match to Dexter 54-24 (1/12/19)
Facing life head-on (1/15/19)Life is full of ups and downs, but unless you are willing to face it head-on and learn how to solve your own problems, rather than finding answers in the bottom of a bottle, “aging gracefully,” is not in your future. Being healthy has nothing to do with how rich or poor you are, but more about the decisions you make from the time you come into this world to the time you leave, and those decisions do not affect only you, but they affect everyone around you. ...
Enlightening (1/12/19)In last week’s column I touched on the fact that we need to clean up our own backyard. A friend of mine sent me this article and I believe it details what I was writing about. I found it very enlightening. It was written by Charley Reese. He worked as a journalist for 49 years...
Floella Nichols (1/17/19)Floella Nichols, 87, of Malden, passed away Sunday, January 13, 2019 at Poplar Bluff Regional Medical Center. Funeral arrangements are under the direction of Landess Funeral Home of Malden. Online...
Hazel E. Abernathy (1/15/19)Hazel Evelyn Abernathy, 89, of Campbell, passed away Saturday, January 12, 2019 at Piggott Community Hospital in Piggott, Ark. Hazel, daughter of Grover Benjamin and Alvah Margaret Tucker Cashion,...
Roger Maddox (1/15/19)Roger Maddox, 64, of Campbell, passed away Wednesday, January 9, 2019 at OSF Saint Francis Medical Center in Peoria, Ill. Landess Funeral Home of Campbell is in charge of arrangements.
Juanita Byrd (1/12/19)Juanita Venell Quigley Byrd, 94, daughter of the late Ruben Airon Quigley and Emma Jane (Williams) Quigley was born January 15, 1924 in Knoble, Ark., and departed this life on January 10, 2019 at...
Layne Michael Dormer (1/17/19)Dustin and Brittney Dormer wish to announce the birth of their son, Layne Michael Dormer, born December 17, 2018 at St. Bernard Hospital in Jonesboro, Ark. Dr. Sams delivered Layne at 6:56 p.m. He weighed 8 lbs. 2 oz., and was 21.5 inches long. Grandparents are Mike and Tammy Tidwell, Earl Dormer and Monica Maciel...
Legal NoticesTRUSTEE'S NOTICE OF SALE Because the Mortgagors defaulted on the payment of their Promissory Note, I, J. Michael Mowrer, Trustee, will sell the real estate which serves as security for the Promissory Note. 1. Description:Lot 9, Block C, Corbett Reagan's Amended Third Addition to the City of Kennett, Dunklin County, Missouri. 2. Address: 1413 S. Linden Circle, Kennett, Missouri 63857. 3. Date of Deed of Trust: March 15, 2013. 4. Recorded: March 15, 2013, in Book 2013, Page 899 in Dunklin...
Free for the Taking
Free Kittens4 kittens to good home 2 white and grey one solid grey and one grey striped kitten they are about 2 months old.contact 573-344-2128
Help WantedHelp wanted for an experienced house keeper for large home to assist with home maintenance cleaning, occasional deep cleaning, ironing and from time to time requested organizational duties. Approximately, 12-16 hours per week. Flexible schedule....
Legal NoticesIn Re: Linda Cockerham TRUSTEE'S SALE - Under the terms of the Deed of Trust executed by Linda Cockerham dated 07/31/2009, and recorded on 08/07/2009 Book 515 Page 397-413 Document 092501 in the office of the Recorder of Deeds for Dunklin County , MISSOURI, the undersigned Successor Trustee, will on 02/01/2019 at 12:00 PM at the South Front Door of the Dunklin County Courthouse, 101 S Main St. Kennett MO 63857, sell at public venue to the highest bidder for cash subject...
Latest State & Nation News