PDEC Annual Meeting set for Thursday at Am. Legion BldgMembers of the Pemiscot-Dunklin Electric Cooperative gather Thursday for their annual meeting. Doors open to vote for board members at 7 a.m. at the Kennett American Legion Building. Voting ends at 1...
Back to School sales tax holiday returnsThe state of Missouriís ďBack to School Sales Tax HolidayĒ will occur Aug. 4-6, 2017. This is the second year Kennett has participated in the tax holiday. Certain back to school purchases, such as...
- Community Garden receives gift from DCHD
- Gideon School District getting ready for first day
- Friends of Music concludes its season Saturday, Aug. 5
- NHC is serving up ice cream
- Scout builds tables for Community Garden
- Grays talks to seniors about Take a Kid Fishing Day (7/22/17)
- Leonard and Virgieís Place at a new location (7/22/17)
- Kennett School Board takes action on several routine matters (7/22/17)
- Hornersville Council discusses sidewalks at July session (7/22/17)
- St. John AME Church BBQ Fundraiser (7/21/17)
Kennett City Council
- Charleston Fighting Squirrels book spot in regional semifinals, blister Bismarck (N.D.) 14-2JUNCTION CITY, Kan. - The Charleston Fighting Squirrels blistered Bismarck, North Dakota,14-2 in its final pool play game at the Midwest Plains Regional Sunday in Junction City, Kansas. Charleston right-hander Ronin Rice threw a five-inning no-hitter. He allowed two unearned runs, struck out seven and walked four...
- Fighting Squirrels run-rule host Junction City 10-0 in opener at Midwest Plains Regional (7/21/17)
- Kennett wins 2017 Southeast Missouri Swim Conference Championship (7/19/17)
- First annual Night of Champions Friday at Kennett weight room (7/17/17)
- Kennett Athletics Booster Club Four-Person Golf Scramble set for Aug. 4 at Kennett Country Club (7/17/17)
- Ultimate Baseball settles for second, drops state championship to traditional juggernaut Charleston Fighting Squirrels 13-3 (7/16/17)
O.J., Town Halls, and Presidents (7/22/17)
A flip on fireworks (7/14/17)2Last week I wrote about the fireworks problem in the city. I should have waited on that column until after the Tuesday night Kennett City Council meeting. As reported, several residents in Ward 1 spoke about fireworks terrorism. I didnít use that term in the article Thursday, and I know thatís a tough way to describe it. You may bristle at it a little bit, but thatís the term that came to my mind as I heard these citizens telling their stories...
Wanda ParsonWanda Marie Parson, 89, of Kingston, Ill. Formerly of Gideon, died Wednesday, July 19, 2017 at her residence in Kingston, Ill. Bradshaw Funeral Home of Gideon is in charge of arrangements.
Helen CowartHelen Cowart, 96, of Cape Girardeau, formerly of Malden, died Sunday, July 23, 2017 at Fountain Bleau Lodge in Cape Girardeau. Bradshaw Funeral Home of Malden is in charge of arrangements.
Kerri Jones (7/22/17)Kerri (Mitchell) Jones, daughter of Keith Mitchell and Terry Jo (Bankhead) Garrison was, born March 20, 1967, in Kennett, and departed this life July 17, 2017 at the age of 50 years. Kerri married...
Reba Gray (7/19/17)Reba Gay (nee Winters) Gray, age 82, of Pevely, Mo., passed away Friday, June 30, 2017, at Scenic Nursing and Rehabilitation in Herculaneum, Mo. She was born November 5, 1934, in Hornersville, the...
Legal NoticesIN THE CIRCUIT COURT OF DUNKLIN COUNTY, MISSOURI DIVISION I In Re the Marriage of: ADOLFO ELVIRA-GUERRERO, and ROSARIO NEGRETES RAMIREZ, ADOLFO ELVIRA-GUERRERO, Petitioner, vs. ROSARIO NEGRETES RAMIREZ, Respondent. Case No.:17DU-DR00114 NOTICE UPON ORDER FOR SERVICE BY PUBLICATION The State of Missouri to: Rosario Negretes Ramirez You are notified that an action has been commenced against you in the Circuit Court of Dunklin County, Missouri, the object and general nature...
Help Wanted********JOB OPENING******** The Senath-Hornersville School District is accepting applications for a full-time maintenance and bus driver position. Candidates must either have a CDL and bus permit, or be willing to obtain one. Background in heating and air conditioning a plus. Interested parties may apply at the Superintendent's office in Senath. For information call Lee Hyde at 573-344-5480.
MiscellaneousSears washer & dryer both work good, no leaks. $60 each. 27' old tv-fancy wood cabinet $50 870-522-3276 Rector
Help WantedEARLY HEAD STARTJOB OPENING LOCATION: HAYTI MIECHV OFFICE POSITION: EHS HOME BASED TEACHER The applicant must possess the ability to plan and implement weekly home visits that are based on the individual needs of the children. The applicant will be responsible for completing weekly home visits, (which will consist of traveling in the Pemiscot and Dunklin county areas) family referrals, screenings and assessments, and socializations. The applicant must communicate effectively to...
Latest State & Nation News