Byrd delights at BistroMarybeth Byrd performed at Downtown Bistro to a packed crowd on Thursday night. Byrd, an Armorel native, finished in the top eight as a semifinalist in “The Voice,” a televised singing competition on...
WWII, Vietnam, Iraq and other area veterans honored ThursdayCampbell native Terry Farmer served during the Persian Gulf War as part of a critical care team tasked with flying into combat zones as part of a portable ICU. A member of the Air Force Reserves at...
- Greenbrier partners with KCTC welding program (2/15/20)
- City of Campbell hears about Main Street Missouri Program from Councilwoman Pearson (2/15/20)
- WGU Missouri awarding$350,000 in scholarships in honor of its 7th Anniversary (2/15/20)
- Election 2020 (2/13/20)
- BYM has record breaking fundraiser with 2020 Mardi Gras (2/13/20)
- FCC Behavioral Health prepares for annual "Fore Wellness" golf tournament (2/13/20)
- Dunklin County Caring Council educates South Elementary on benefits of gardening (2/13/20)
- Woodmen Life shows teacher appreciation (2/13/20)
- Missouri Ag agency has backlog of dicamba drift complaints (2/13/20)
- Pedestrian killed in rural Mississippi County (2/12/20)
Kennett City Council 2/4/2020
- Gideon boys basketball battles its way past Risco 63-58 to claim top prize at Tri-County Conference TournamentThe Gideon Bulldogs coaching staff told their squad they could celebrate like a WWE champion if they took home the top prize at their conference tournament. “The kids gave our assistant coach Jeremy Walker a WWE championship belt last year on Senior Night,” Gideon head coach Jordan McGowan said. “We told them at the beginning of the season if they won the conference they would get to participate in a celebration with the championship belt.”...
- Basketball Roundup, Feb. 15 (2/15/20)
- Basketball Roundup, Feb. 14 (2/15/20)
- TRI-COUNTY BASKETBALL SEMIFINAL: Gideon beats Clarkton 66-49 for 14th straight victory (2/14/20)
- Basketball Roundup, Feb. 13 (2/14/20)2
- TRI-COUNTY BASKETBALL SEMIFINAL: Three-time defending champ Risco shoots its way past Cooter 76-55 (2/13/20)
- MSHSAA basketball District seedings released (2/13/20)
- BASKETBALL STATE RANKINGS: Cape Central boys, Notre Dame girls enter rankings (2/13/20)
A valentine for the homestead (2/15/20)This Valentines’s Day couples will share romantic evenings and kids will exchange valentines at school parties. Husbands will bring home flowers and restaurants will be full. But this year I’d like to give a special valentine. A valentine written for my family home and the neighborhood I grew up in...
Last words and testaments (2/15/20)Recently, I read a blog from a self-described agnostic, who had vented his frustrations with Christians: “Please stop saying ‘God loves you!’ I’m so sick of hearing that!” Some of us who have questioned the truth claims of Christianity and had wandered away but were drawn back to faith in Lord can at least somewhat understand the man’s ire. ...
Lou Maggie Ayers (2/15/20)Lou Maggie Ayers, 83, of St. Peters, Mo., daughter of the late Gomile and Viola Johnson Ayers, was born in Ozan, Ark., January 28, 1937, and passed away at St. Peters Manor in St. Peters on February...
Timothy J. Kemp (2/15/20)Timothy John Kemp, 58, of Malden, passed away Wednesday, February 5, 2020 at Southeast Health of Stoddard County in Dexter. Landess Funeral Home of Malden in charge of arrangements.
Lloyd Ray (2/15/20)Lloyd Ray, 74, of Rector, Ark., passed away Wednesday, February 12, 2020 at St. Bernard Regional Medical Center in Jonesboro, Ark. Landess Funeral Home of Campbell in charge of arrangements.
Patricia S. Walpole (2/15/20)Patricia Selby Walpole, 81, of Arbyrd, passed from this life Wednesday, February 12, 2020, at her home. Born in Arbyrd, she was the daughter of the late Harrold and Jayne Allison Selby and was a 1956...
Mira Elizabeth Burr (1/23/20)Ronald and Kimberly Burr would like to announce the birth of their daughter, Mira Elizabeth Burr. Mira was born December 12, 2019 at the St. Francis Family BirthPlace in Cape Girardeau, weighing 4 pounds and 4 ounces, and was 17 inches long. Grandparents are Linda Rickman of Holcomb, Richard Rickman of Holcomb, Biggy Burr of Piggott, Ark., and Teresa Burr, also of Piggott...
New Online Reader
AutosNEW YEAR, NEW PRICE! ----------$19,750------------- 2019 JEEP CHEROKEE 4-cyl., auto, full power, AWD, with cold weather package, and remote start. One owner, nonsmoker, garage kept, silver in color, under factory warranty. New tires, alignment and oil change. All service work done at local dealership! Can be seen at 84 West Motel 1433 St. Francis St. in Kennett - ask for Maria LIKE NEW! 573-888-0507 LIKE NEW!
City Real EstateFOR SALE OR RENT 1500 sq. ft. Building on 1.28 acres 700 North By-Pass in Kennett Metal roof, solid foundation, very good condition. Possible Owner Financing Phone: 573-717-6100
Legal NoticesNOTICE OF TRUSTEE'S SALE Default having been made in the payment of that certain note secured by Deed of Trust executed by David R Allen, Tabitha M Allen, husband and wife, dated December 18, 2002 and recorded on December 19, 2002 in Book 413 , Page 504 , as Document No. 026324 , Office of Recorder of Deeds, Dunklin County, Missouri. The Successor Trustee will on March 9, 2020, between the hours of 9:00 o'clock A.M. and 5:00 P.M. more particularly at 1:00PM, ...
For RentHOUSES FOR RENT IN KENNETT 3 bedroom, 2 full baths, c/h/a, living room, dining room, 2 kitchens, den, over 2,000 sq. ft., big yard, carport $750/month + $500 dep. 1029 E. Second St. Also, 3 bedroom, 1 bath, completely remodeled $550/month + $400 dep. 702 N. Vandeventer Both Available Now! Section 8 Welcome If interested, please call: 573-344-9005
Latest State & Nation News