Malden graduates 49 at Commencement CeremonyThe Malden High School graduating class of 2019 held its commencement ceremony Sunday at the high school gymnasium.After the processional, the MHS Band performed the Star Spangled Banner, which was...
KPD dispatched for shooting victim1On Saturday, May 18, 2019, at approximately 10:17 p.m., Kennett officers were dispatched to the 400 block of Kennett Street in reference to someone being shot. Officers located a Kennett woman who...
- From the Vaults- KHS Class of 1917 (5/21/19)1
- Gideon honors Class of 2019 (5/21/19)
- Rep. Smith supports Trump trade policy, blames Chinese tariffs for farm woes (5/21/19)
- Crawford retires (5/21/19)
- 2019 KHS local scholarship recipients and alternates (5/21/19)
- Kennett Municipal Band begins rehearsals (5/21/19)
- Piggott FFA team tops in State, set for Nationals (5/21/19)
- Nucor plans $400M expansion (5/21/19)
- Kennett honors Class of 2019 (5/18/19)
- Masterson hosts softball sendoff (5/18/19)
Kennett City Council 5-7-19
- Kennett grad Tyson Campbell helps Freed-Hardeman advance to NAIA national baseball tournamentHENDERSON, Tenn. - The Freed-Hardeman Lions baseball program has qualified for the NAIA National Tournament after beating the Oklahoma Wesleyan Eagles 5-4 in the winner-take-all game May 16 in Henderson, Tennessee. After dropping its first game of the double-elimination tournament to Oklahoma Wesleyan 5-4 on May 14, Freed-Hardeman needed to win three straight games in order to punch their ticket to the 2019 Avista-NAIA World Series...
- Defending state champion Malden falls to Saxony Lutheran 9-8 in 11 innings in Class 3 sectional (5/20/19)
- Five Malden track athletes medal at Class 2 state meet (5/19/19)
- Kennett shatters records, qualifies 16 for Class 3 state track meet (5/19/19)
- Kennett falls to Lincoln 8-3 in eight innings in Class 1 state softball championship (5/18/19)
- Kennett softball team slides past Mount Vernon 5-4 in state semifinal (5/17/19)
- 2019 Tri-County Conference softball awards released (5/17/19)1
- Kennett softball team departs for state tournament (5/16/19)1
Frozen shoulder (5/21/19)For the last and final ailment of eight listed by Lisa Haney in her AARP article “They Won’t Kill You, But they Sure Make You Miserable,” is the frozen shoulder. Although Haney gives this one an eight on her “misery factor” scale, this ailment can be more than just a pain in the arm. How does one come up with frozen shoulder, and what can be done to avoid it or repair it when it appears?...
Graduation (5/18/19)I’ve been to a lot of graduations this year. The DDD covered 11 school’s commencement ceremonies. It’s a good thing I enjoy these events. They all have similarities. The senior class entering, family members looking on with tears in their eyes, awards given, and speeches made...
Eulah Taylor (5/21/19)Eulah Taylor, 86 of Kennett, passed away May 16, 2019 at National Health Care in Kennett. McDaniel Funeral Service of Kennett will be charge of the arrangements.
William Wayne Baltimore (5/21/19)William W. Baltimore, 66, of Campbell, passed away Thursday, May 16, 2019 at Piggott Community Hospital in Piggott, Ark. Landess Funeral Home of Campbell is in charge of arrangements.
Dennis P. Smithson (5/18/19)Dennis Paul Smithson, 63, son of Peggy Joyce (Wilson) Smithson and the late James Paul Smithson was born August 2, 1955 in Pocahontas, Ark., and departed this life on May 14, 2019. Dennis married...
John W. Ward (5/18/19)John Wesley Ward, 37, of Holcomb, passed away Tuesday, May 14, 2019 in Hayti. Landess Funeral Home of Campbell is in charge of arrangements.
Liam Kase Johnson (5/11/19)Melissa and Brian Johnson of Clarkton are pleased to announce the birth of their son, Liam Kase Johnson, born Monday, March 4, 2019 at 5:23 at Poplar Bluff Regional Medical Center in Poplar Bluff. Liam weighed 7 pounds and 3 ounces and was 22 inches long...
Dustin J Starks, II (4/25/19)Haley D. Morgan, of Kennett, and Dustin J Starks, of Caruthersville, wish to announce the birth of their son, Dustin J Starks, II. He was born April 17, 2019, with a little help from Dad, around 3:00 a.m. on the way to the hospital. He weighed in at Arkansas Methodist Medical Center in Paragould, Ark., at six pounds, eight ounces and 18.5 inches long...
Legal NoticesNOTICE OF TRUSTEE'S SALE For default in the payment of debt and performance of the obligations secured by deed of trust executed by Shreeganesh, Inc., dated May 29, 2008, recorded on May 30, 2008, in Book 503 at Page 634, Office of the Recorder of Deeds, Dunklin County, Missouri, the undersigned Successor Trustee will on June 13, 2019 , between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., and particularly at 1:00 p.m., at the South Front Door of the Dunklin County Courthouse, Kennett, Missouri,...
GeneralCHICO'S BIG! BIG! YARD SALE multi-family Thursday, Friday & Saturday Half mile north on Highway 53 @ Chico's Shop
MiscellaneousHappy Jack Flea Beacon: patented device controls fleas in the home without toxic chemicals or costly exterminators. Results overnight! Ken-Mo Agri: 888-5933 (www.fleabeacon.com)
City Real Estate3 BEDROOM BRICK HOME FOR SALE 1928 VENDA ST. IN KENNETT 1161 sq. ft., 90x150 lot w/privacy fence, double driveway, shed, new deck w/fire pit, attached garage, carport, c/h/a updated in last 5 years, new carpet in bedrooms, full bath newly remodeled, ˝ bath, separate kitchen/dining/living room, appliances will stay! Asking $86,000 Call: 573-559-8444
Latest State & Nation News