End of Watch
Kennett Police Department Assistant Chief Major Rick Groves was given a hero's farewell on Tuesday, October 20, 2020.
LaFemme Club Gala kicks off Kennett United Way campaign 2020The La Femme Club Roaring 20’s Gala kicked off the 2020 United Way of Kennett campaign. The event was held at the Kennett Opera House on Saturday, October 17. Dinner was served at the annual event...
SEMO Food Bank receives grantSikeston, MO (Oct. 26, 2020) – Southeast Missouri Food Bank has received a grant from Feeding America to fund increased outreach in communities where the pandemic has had the greatest impact on...
- VA receives large donation from Wake Foundation (10/29/20)
- Ashcroft: How to be educated, prepared on election day (10/29/20)
- Annual Blytheville Christmas Parade cancelled (10/29/20)
- SEMO educators address dealing with 'COVID fatigue' (10/29/20)
- Girl Scouts bury time capsule (10/27/20)
- Malden awards Proclamation to local resident (10/27/20)
- Kennett native among first class of Missouri Veterans Hall of Fame (10/27/20)1
- Ohio Bridge at Cairo fully reopens after months of repairs (10/27/20)
- Chili Cook Off Dessert Winner (10/27/20)1
- Chili Cook Off winners (10/27/20)
Kennett City Council 10.6.20
- SEMO DBs bring a lot of talent, even more experience to season-opener
- C1D1 Volleyball Championship: North Pemiscot secures first district title since 1999, beats Southland in straight sets (10/29/20)
- SD DISTRICT PREVIEW: Sikeston aims to turn its season around against North County; Kelly looks for first district win in program history against Charleston (10/29/20)
- Young SEMO LB carries high expectations into 'War for the Wheel' game (10/29/20)
- Sikeston, Notre Dame athletes recognized for excellence (10/29/20)
- Hayti football retains Battle of the Bootheel Trophy, beats Caruthersville 58-6 (10/28/20)
- SEMO FB Notes: Young QB makes impression with Redhawk coaches (10/28/20)
Age Spots (10/27/20)As we age, those cute freckles that faded while we were young, are now deepening as the years increase. My mom once told me that she hated her freckles when she was young, until someone told her Doris Day had them. Years of sun exposure create the small brown age spots that appear with each additional year, but what are age spots, how can they be prevented, and can they be lightened?...
Real Change (10/24/20)The debates are over. We’ve watched the candidates discuss the issues and defend their positions. We are now in the final stretch of what is arguably the most important election we’ve had in quite awhile. It was reported that when President Trump left the debate stage, he headed for the plane and stated, “Let’s finish it.”...
Calvin Furlow (10/29/20)James Calvin Furlow, Sr. son of the late Edgar Allen Furlow and Minnie (Headrick) Furlow was born September 22, 1940 in Kennett, and departed this life October 25, 2020 at the age of 80 years. Calvin...
Virginia Hoehn (10/29/20)Virginia Helen Baltz Hoehn, 101, of Malden, was born Friday, September 19, 1919 in Millstadt, Illinois. She departed this life Tuesday, October 27, 2020 at the Winchester Nursing Facility in Bernie,...
Diane George (10/29/20)Diane George, 78, of Festus, Mo., passed away Thursday, October 22, 2020 at Mercy Hospital Jefferson in Festus, Mo. Mrs. George was born in McDougal, Ark., June 28, 1942. She was a homemaker and...
Joyce McCormick (10/27/20)Joyce Ann McCormick, daughter of the late Clyde Duncan and Villie (Sims) Duncan was born May 7, 1941 in Quitman, Ark., and went home to be with the Lord on October 24, 2020 at the age of 79 years....
Nolan Brooks Bixler (10/6/20)Luke and Christa Bixler wish to announce the birth of their son, Nolan Brooks Bixler. Brooks was born at 1:56 p.m. September 22, 2020 at the St. Francis BirthPlace in Cape Girardeau, Mo., weighing 5 lbs. 1 oz., and was 18.5 inches long. Proud grandparents are Nicholas and Stephanie Acup of Malden, Mo., and Greg and Beth Bixler of Risco, Mo. ...
Legal NoticesIN THE CIRCUIT COURT OF DUNKLIN COUNTY, MISSOURI DIVISION I In the Matter of: PHOEBE ANN BROWN Minor Case No. 20DU-JU00131 BRENDA JANE MOORE and WILLIE ROBERT MOORE Petitioner AMEDNED NOTICE UPON ORDER FOR SERVICE BY PUBLICATION The State of Missouri to the Respondent, Brent Pourciau, You are hereby notified that an action has been commenced against you in the Circuit Court for the County of Dunklin, Missouri, the object and general nature of which is guardianship of your minor...
Legal NoticesNOTICE OF TRUSTEE'S SALE For default under the terms of the Deed of Trust executed by Christopher E Lytle and Tiffany Lytle, Husband and Wife, dated March 20, 2018, recorded on March 20, 2018 as Document No. 2018R0925, in Book 2018, Page 925, Office of the Recorder of Deeds, Dunklin County, Missouri, the undersigned Successor Trustee will on Friday, November 20, 2020, at 01:00 PM at the South Front Door of the Dunklin County Courthouse, Courthouse Square, in Kennett, Missouri, sell at...
House for rent307 Oak street 700.00 a month 500.00 deposit No smoking, no pets Appliances furnished. Stove, washer and dryer Refrigerator
For RentFOR RENT 605 S. Hopper - Kennett 3 bedroom, 1 bath, all electric home. Must have good rental references. Call 573-888-5961 or 573-717-3606 No Pets! No Smoking!
Latest State & Nation News