KHS Grand March moved inside to KMS GymPhotos by Jeff Dorris, staff KHS students participated in the Grand March at the Kennett Middle School Gym on Saturday. The march was held prior to the prom and had to be moved indoors from the...
Rotary holds bowling eventPhoto by Jeff Dorris, staff The Kennett Rotary Club held the 18th Annual Bowling Tournament for the Developmentally Disabled on Friday at the Spare Time Lanes Bowling Alley in Kennett. “It's the...
- Boy Scouts cook Boston Butts (4/24/17)
- KCTA to host retirement reception (4/24/17)
- Local church introduces overeaters support group (4/24/17)
- MHP promotions announced (4/24/17)
- History of Malden at your fingertips (4/24/17)
- Dunklin County Library offers gardening tips (4/24/17)
- Take Back Day April 29 (4/24/17)
- Senath to host Misty’s Mission Softball Day (4/24/17)
- Hornersville welcomes new mayor (4/24/17)1
- Azalea Garden Club news (4/24/17)
Kennett City Council
- Kennett softball team bangs its way past Malden 9-7 in Bootheel Conference title gamePORTAGEVILLE, Mo. - After six run-rule games in the quarterfinals and semifinals a nail biter finally materialized in the championship of the Bootheel Conference softball tournament late Tuesday night at Portageville. The No. 2 seeded Kennett Indians rallied from behind three times to outlast the No. 1 seeded Malden Green Wave 9-7 and claim the Bootheel Conference Tournament championship for the first time since 2014...
- Seedings released for district softball tournaments (4/25/17)
- Semifinals set at Tri-County softball tournament (4/25/17)
- Kennett golf team takes fourth at SEMO Conference tournament (4/25/17)
- Top four seeds advance to semifinals of BHC softball tournament (4/24/17)
- Senath-Hornersville baseball team wins fourth straight, beats Campbell 6-1 (4/21/17)
Sales tax and Easter sermons (4/15/17)My ponderings this week begin with the public hearing held Tuesday night at City Hall. It looks like the City Council may benefit from the mistake made last fall that led to the nullification of the senior service sales tax. We can argue if they should, but it looks like they will – potentially at least...
The importance of local elections (4/8/17)This week voters across Missouri went to the polls to decide local municipal and school board races. There were also a few local issues on the ballot. For example, in Senath, voters decided on a $3 million bond issue for water/sewer system improvements...
Nelda McLean (4/24/17)Nelda Sue McLean, daughter of the late W.A. Waltrip and Louise V. Shelton Waltrip, was born May 27, 1941 in Holcomb and departed this life April 19, 2017 at the age of 75 years. Sue married Michael...
Talmage Humble (4/24/17)Talmage Humble, age 86, of Senath, passed away Sunday, April 23, 2017 at the Senath Nursing Center. Online condolences may be made at www.mcdanielfuneralservice.com. McDaniel Funeral Service of...
Terry Malone (4/24/17)Terry Michael Malone, son of the late Fredrick Weldon and Capitola (Cary) Malone, was born July 31, 1951 in Jonesboro and departed this life April 21, 2017 at the age of 65 years. Terry married...
Walter Holden (4/24/17)Walter Holden, age 76 of Arbyrd, passed away April 22, 2017, at his home in Arbyrd. He is survived by his wife, Blanche Holden of Arbyrd; his children, Darla (Charlie) Shaver and Tim (Brook) Holden...
Josie Brooke Anderson (4/5/17)George and Jade Anderson of Kennett announce the birth of their daughter, Josie Brooke Anderson, born March 26, 2017, at Poplar Bluff Regional Medical Center in Poplar Bluff. She weighed 6 pounds 15 ounces and was 18.5 inches long. She is the granddaughter of Jim and Teresa McNabb, and George and Patricia Anderson, all of Kennett; and great-granddaughter of Thelma Smith, also of Kennett, and Charles Roberts of Paragould...
ESTATE SALECharlotte's Estate Sales Exceptional Estate Sale of the late J.C. & Betty Skaggs 515 Franklin - Kennett Sat. April 29th 9-4 & Sun. April 30th 10-4 PHASE II – FINAL SALE EVERYTHING MUST GO ! Huge 2 story home full ! Lovely...
City Real Estate
AUCTIONSaturday, May 13, 2017 at 10:00 AM 100 Ninth St., Kennett, MO. 2 bedroom, 1064 sq.ft., ch/a, metal roof, vinyl siding, carport. Call Danny Williams Auctions 573-888-7588 or go to our website for more info www.dannywilliamsauctions.com
City Real Estate
AUCTIONSaturday, May 13, 2017 at 10:00 AM 804 South Main, Kennett, MO. 4 bedroom, brick home, 1428 sq.ft., 3 car carport, storage sheds, ch/a. Contents & Real Estate Auction Call Danny Williams Auctions 573-888-7588 or go to our website for more...
- Thomas' walk-off homer propels Malden softball team past Kennett 1-0 in nine innings
- Kennett girls basketball coach Jim Vaughan resigns
- Ribbon Cutting for Gibson’s Quick Lube and Heartland Outdoors held
- Delta C-7 softball team improves to 5-1 in Tri-County, beats Gideon 14-8
- KHS Grand March moved inside to KMS Gym
Latest State & Nation News