Attorney provided status updates on area farmer's lawsuits at Monday meeting.MINER, Mo. — Kennett native Don Downing and a lead plaintiffs’ attorney in two major lawsuits involving local farmers will provide updates to the litigation in a free town hall meeting from 10 a.m....
From the Vaults- Sherwin- Williams fire
- Bernie Parents as Teachers December Student of the Month (12/11/18)
- St. Bernards takes over local hospitals (12/11/18)
- Three Rivers College to hold events, offer assistance ahead of Spring semester registration deadline (12/11/18)
- Kennett City Council discuss street repair projects (12/8/18)
- Leonard and Virgie's Place gearing up for Christmas holiday season (12/8/18)
- CASA hosts auction at Opera House (12/8/18)
- Kennett Schola Cantorum schedules December concert (12/8/18)
- Azalea Garden Club of Kennett holds November meeting (12/8/18)
- Lions Club hosts successful Christmas Carnival 2018 (12/6/18)
- Dalton attends Marine Military Academy in Texas (12/6/18)
Kennett City Council 12-4-18
- Campbell boys cruise past Armorel (Ark.) 74-41 to reach championship of Senath-Hornersville TournamentSENATH, Mo. - The Campbell Camels varsity boys basketball team experienced little difficulty booking a spot in the championship of the Senath-Hornersville Christmas Tournament Wednesday night. Fresh off a 79-18 victory against No. 6 seeded North Pemiscot in its first pool play contest Monday No. 2 seeded Campbell secured another lopsided victory against No. 3 seeded Armorel, Ark., 74-41 Wednesday night...
- Senath-Hornersville boys beat Delta C-7 82-37 to reach final of own tournament (12/12/18)
- Kennett boys basketball team charges its way past Malden 67-52 (12/11/18)
- Styles clash as Campbell girls narrowly beat Portageville 56-53 (12/11/18)
- Senath-Hornersville boys basketball beats Southland 90-41 (12/10/18)
- Caruthersville upends Kennett 43-35 in BHC eighth grade boys basketball championship (12/8/18)
- Kennett wrestling team takes second at Marion Duals Wildcat Tournament (12/8/18)
- Malden beats Kennett 45-44 in closing second of BHC seventh grade boys basketball championship (12/8/18)
Liver disease, a growing concern (12/11/18)Any family who suffers with an alcoholic in their clan, may be familiar with a common side effect brought on by the drink, which is cirrhosis (scarring) of the liver, a painful and deadly condition. Throughout the years, research has found that alcoholism can be passed down through generations, and because of that genetic disposition, some realize it and will not touch a drop. ...
Resentment- A Time Killer (12/8/18)Do you know what I hold most precious? Time. My time and how I choose to spend it. There’s time for work and time for play. There’s time for family and friends. There’s time for planning and dreaming. Time for prayer and meditation. For me its always been so important...
Wendell D. Maddox (12/11/18)Wendell Dean Maddox, 57, of Gideon, passed away Wednesday, December 5, 2018 at his residence. Funeral arrangements are under the direction of Bradshaw Funeral Homes, Inc. of Gideon.
Joe Henderson (12/11/18)Joe Henderson of Kennett, passed away Thursday, Dec. 6, 2018 at his residence Bradshaw Funeral Home of Kennett is in charge of arrangements.
James "Jim" Davis (12/11/18)James “Jim” Milton Davis, 85, son of the late James Wesley and Pauline (Wright) Davis was born August 22, 1935 in Lake City, Ark., and departed this life November 30, 2018. Jim married Willie Roberts...
Gerry "Doc" Edwards (12/8/18)Gerry Ray “Doc“ Edwards, 76, of Piggott, passed away Tuesday, December 4, 2018 at his residence. Doc, son of Tribble Elsworth and Janie Lucile Charlton Edwards, was born Saturday, February 7, 1942 in...
Heather Michelle Brooks (12/11/18)Randal and Carolyn Brooks of Kennett announce the birth of their daughter, Heather Michelle Brooks, born December 4, 2018 in Kennett. She weight 7.5 pounds. She is the granddaughter of George and Lucy Brooks of Kennett. Heather was welcomed home by one sibling, Dorothy Gargas of Kennett...
Genevieve Violet Thrasher (11/24/18)Dannielle Ellen and Carl James Thrasher announce the birth of their daughter, Genevieve Violet Thrasher, born October 31, 2018 at St. Francis Medical Center’s Family BirthPlace in Cape Girardeau. She was born at 12:20 a.m. and weighed 3 pounds and 14 ounces and was 16.25 inches long...
Help WantedDRIVER WANTED for Medical Transportation Class E License Must pass drug test 573-328-4768, 573-953-3262 or 573-429-3630
MiscellaneousFOR RENT: 3 bdrm house in Kennett. HELP WANTED: Handyman to help with rental properties FOR SALE: Restaurant Equipment/Elec. Food Bars 573-888-7891
Duplexes for Rent2 bdrm duplex in Kennett Lg living room, kitchen, many cabinets, tile/hardwood throughout, no appliances $800/month + deposit All utilities, satellite, internet, and trash furnished. 870-324-1250
Help Wanted4 temp positions: Ag. Equip. Oper, 02/01 to 12/01/19. Duties: operate farm equip (excavator dozer, dirt moving equip, GPS on JD tractors/sprayers, irrigation equip) to plant, spray, cultiv, harv; irrig; attach implements; tow peanut harv. equip.; drive / operate peanut equip (7760 baler, cotton picker); weed; maintain grounds, equip & trucks; repair irrigation pipe; lube, repair machinery; drive semis to haul peanuts to warehouse. Min. 3 mos exper. MBAT lift 60lbs. & obtain DL w/in 30...
Latest State & Nation News