Ribbon Cutting at DS Golf LLC.Photo by Jeff Dorris, staff The Kennett Chamber of Commerce helped celebrate a ribbon-cutting on Friday for new member DS Golf LLC., located in the Kennett Country Club Pro Shop. Donnie Shelton,...
Holcomb students make like it's 1956Photo by Cody Tucker Holcomb Elementary students were swinging, bopping, and jiving to 50’s standards during musical performances for Family Night, the school’s yearly celebration of music and the...
- Rice Research Greenhouse dedicated at Southeast Malden Campus
- Steele Police Report
- Motorcycle tests suspended at Malden
- KFD deals with fire on Russell St
- Accident on Highway 25 leaves 2 seriously hurt (3/25/17)
- KHD urges heartworm prevention among area dogs (3/24/17)
- Kennett church hosting unique camp this summer (3/24/17)
- KHS Key Club attends District Leadership Convention (3/24/17)
- County recorders attend veterans town hall meeting (3/24/17)
- Students perform play at Masterson (3/24/17)
Kennett City Council
- Senath-Hornersville’s David Sawyer signs to play baseball at Freed-Hardeman UniversitySenath-Hornersville senior David Sawyer has valued baseball since he was a youngster. “Baseball has always been my favorite sport to watch on TV and play since I was little,” Sawyer said. “My family is a big baseball family. I had an older brother that played college baseball. I’ve just always been attracted to the sport.”...
- Kennett baseball program run-rules Dexter 14-1 (3/25/17)
- Kennett seventh grade volleyball team wins a pair of Bootheel Conference plaques (3/24/17)
- Kennett Kiwanis Club recognizes senior basketball players (3/24/17)
- PREVIEW: Large Kennett golf team looks to leave its mark (3/23/17)
- UPDATED: Kennett hires Joel Wyatt as football coach (3/22/17)2
The sales tax and “Hail Hail” Chuck Berry (3/25/17)Steve Patton email@example.com It seems each week I ponder about Kennett sales tax issues. It will not be finalized for a few weeks yet, so this is not the last time. The City Council Tuesday night tabled a vote on an ordinance placing a .5 cent sales tax on the August ballot. They did that after Laura Ford, administrator of the OAKS, requested a .5 cent sales tax for senior services. The council ordinance called for 1/8 cent for senior services and the rest to the City...
Dicamba, Republicans, and the sales tax (3/18/17)Ponderings this week leave me more questions than answers. Let's start with the one that does have an answer. The Missouri Legislature passed a bill that would levy stiff fines on those who would spray herbicides illegally. The bill is a response to the dicamba problems that have plagued our area of the world. Hats off to State Rep. Don Rone who pushed for the legislation. The bill is ready for Governor Greitens' signature. When he signs it, the law takes affect immediately...
“Buz” Asa Weaver“Buz” Asa Weaver, son of Jack Weaver and Judy Weaver, was born Sept. 1, 1968 in Farmington, Mo. and departed this life March 24, 2017 at the age of 48 years. He is survived by his father, Jack Weaver...
Judith McConnellJudith McConnel, 70, of Jackson, Mo., formerly of Malden, died Thursday, March 23, 2017 at her residence. Bradshaw Funeral Home of Malden is in charge of arrangements.
Randy FreemanRandy Eugene Freeman, 62, of Rector, passed away on Monday, March 20, 2017. He was born on July 24, 1954, in Elkhart, Ind., to Lowe and Rachel (Schrimsher) Freeman. Randy loved to go fishing,...
Mary Harmon (3/23/17)Mary Darlene Harmon, 59 of Kennett, died March 22, 2017 at her home in Kennett. Mary was born to the late Willis Eugene and Gladys (Ford) Roberts May 18, 1957 in Kennett. Mary was loved for her sense...
Ryland Phillip Tripp (3/25/17)Jeff and Jessica Tripp, of Paducah, Ky., wish to announce the birth of their son, Ryland Phillip Tripp, born February 22, 2017 at Lourdes Hospital in Paducah. He weighed 7 lbs. and 5 oz., and was 19 inches long. Paternal grandparents are Wayne Tripp of Senath, and the late Tracey Henfling. Maternal grandparents are Sherry Curtright of Senath, and the late Richard Curtright...
Anniversary: Fritts 50th Anniversary (3/2/17)Dwight and Janet Fritts of Lawton, Okla., will celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary on March 31 at the Cache Church of Christ, Cache, Okla. They will renew their vows in a ceremony at 6 p.m....
Engagement: Milligan-Collins (2/28/17)Eddie & Carla Milligan and Gerald & Linda Collins are pleased to announce the engagement of Hannah Milligan and Chris Collins. Miss Milligan is a graduate of the University of Arkansas-Little Rock...
Bass amp head & 4u rack caseHartke LH500 bass amp head. This is a 500w bass head that has a tube pre-amp. It is housed in a Carvin 4u rack case. Also included is a 8 outlet Furman power strip that is also mounted in the case **Will throw in a 2007 Squire P-bass for free**
Legal NoticesNOTICE OF TRUSTEE'S SALE Default having been made in the payment of that certain note secured by Deed of Trust executed by Terrell Butler and Rafalita Butler, Husband and Wife, dated February 27, 2007 and recorded on March 1, 2007 in Book 486, Page 591, as Document No. 070902, Office of Recorder of Deeds, Dunklin County, Missouri. The Successor Trustee will on April 18, 2017, between the hours of 9:00 o'clock A.M. and 5:00 P.M. more particularly at 10:00AM, at the Dunklin County Courthouse,...
Business OpportunitiesINVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY 8 Apartments in Cardwell (6) 2 bedroom & (2) 1 bedroom Asking $190,000. Call 870-476-1514
Campers2004 Keystone Everest 29ft. 5th wheel camper, ch/a, built in microwave, no leaks, clean title, sleeper sofa, queen bed, 2 slide outs, new awning, $14,000. Call 573-559-8682 Greenway, Ar.
Latest State & Nation News