End of Watch
Kennett Police Department Assistant Chief Major Rick Groves was given a hero's farewell on Tuesday, October 20, 2020.
FCCBH revives the Pol-MacThe Pol-Mac building in Campbell is once again serving the needs of the region. FCC Behavioral Health has re-opened the historic hotel as an assisted living facility. FCCBH has been offering housing...
OAKS Nutrition Center scheduled to open new location Nov. 30After years of preparations, construction, and setbacks the OAKS Nutrition Center is scheduled to open at its new location on Monday, November 30. “We’re very excited,” said OAKS Administrator Laura...
- MCAG served 212 plates during annual Community Thanksgiving
- Brown and Penn recognized nationwide for helping consumers with qualified health coverage
- Tuesday fire on N. Everett leaves family devastated
- Area counties see some of highest rates of positive COVID tests in state (11/24/20)
- Happy Thanksgiving...I am thankful for... (11/24/20)
- From the Vaults- Rouse Gin in Caruth (11/24/20)
- Kennett Chamber of Commerce celebrates 11th Annual Small Business Saturday (11/24/20)
- Three Rivers holds graduation for students NCCER contracting certifications (11/24/20)
- New urgent care opens at Poplar Bluff VA (11/24/20)
- Tis the Season (11/21/20)1
Kennett City Council 11-17-20
- Van Buren picks up 2 wins on opening day of Current River Challenge
- Clarkton boys basketball squad looks to utilize depth and experience (11/25/20)
- Hayti receives top seed in Al Jackson Classic girls basketball tournament (11/24/20)
- Depth helps short-handed Kennett outlast Kelly 45-36 in girls basketball opener (11/24/20)
- Cardinal Ritter outlasts Kennett 45-7 in Class 3 football quarterfinal (11/22/20)11
- Kennett hopes to contain prospect-loaded Cardinal Ritter in Class 3 football quarterfinal (11/20/20)
- Seedings released for SEMO Conference boys basketball tournament, Cape Central gets top seed (11/20/20)1
Thanksgiving 101 (11/28/20)I am currently writing this in a turkey/mashed potato infused fog. I have stated before that Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. It’s a time to reflect, count our blessings and work on our gratitude. Of course, it’s also a time to eat. A lot. I enjoy all my favorite comfort foods laid out in front of me in one big gorgeous buffet...
Come Down, Lord Jesus (11/28/20)Some Christians are currently enduring dark times, feeling pressures from growing numbers of faithless people in this fallen world. There are almost audible moaning groans from some Christians, mourning some loss of society’s approval. Add to those sorrows real fear of coming loss of freedom to be faithful to God as He has revealed Himself through His appointed servants. ...
Naomi DyeNaomi Dye, 91, passed away peacefully November 24, 2020. She was born June 21, 1929 to J.O. and Opal Mason. She married W.T. Dye December 26, 1945. They had three children, William Thomas Dye, Jr....
Joe Ford, Jr.Joe Ford, Jr., 94, of Kennett, was born January 24, 1926, in the Johnson Island Community, near Kennett. Joe passed away November 22, 2020 at the Piggott Community Hospital. Joe was the son of the...
Mike MowrerJohn Mike Mowrer, 75, of Kennett, passed away Monday, November 23, 2020 at St. Bernard Medical Center in Jonesboro, Ark. McDaniel Funeral Service of Kennett is in charge of arrangements. Online...
Judi AmonJudith Ann (Maxey) Amon, 79 of Rogers, Ark., formerly of Malden, passed away November 23, 2020 from complications of COVID-19. She was preceded in death by her parents, Elliott Lender and Erma Irene...
Elena Criswell (11/19/20)Austin and Shayna Criswell would like to announce the birth of their daughter, Elena Claire Criswell, born October 16, 2020 at St. Francis BirthPlace in Cape Girardeau, Mo. Elena was born at 11:14 p.m. weighing 6 lbs. 4 oz, and was 19 inches long. Grandparents are Shane Jones of Kennett, Leann Roberts of Kennett, and Doug and Stephanie Criswell of Kennett...
Help WantedHELP WANTED Part-Time handyman for rental properties in Kennett Must have valid drivers license 573-344-9005
For RentAvailable Now 3 bedroom 1 bath. Central Heat 704 N. Vandeventer Kennett Available Now 2 bedroom 1 bath. Central Heat & Air 601 North St.-Kennett 573-344-9005
For RentFOR RENT 305 Oak: 2 bedroom, 1 bath 605 S. Hopper: 3 bedroom, 1 bath Must have good rental references! Call 573-888-5961 or 573-717-3606 No Pets! No Smoking!
Latest State & Nation News