- Hagerman's Extreme Science Show visits Holcomb School
- Vietnam veteran and SEMO alum publishes memoir of time at war
- WoodmenLife has new location
- Senath Lions Club Pancake Breakfast is Saturday
- 14th annual Kennett Community Thanksgiving Dinner
- Accident results in rollover on Highway 53 (11/13/18)
- St. Francis Park celebrates Alzheimer's award (11/13/18)
- Boone family farm celebrates 100 years (11/13/18)
- From the Vaults- Engine Delivery (11/13/18)1
- Three Rivers Endowment Trust hosts Trivia Night (11/13/18)
Kennett City Council 11-6-18
- Malden beats Campbell 29-18 in BHC eighth grade girls basketball championship (11/14/18)
- Kennett edges Holcomb 24-22 in BHC seventh grade girls basketball championship (11/14/18)
- BOYS BASKETBALL PREVIEW: Clarkton hopes hunger sparks success (11/13/18)
- BOYS BASKETBALL PREVIEW: Gideon hopes offensive experience yields success (11/13/18)
- Kennett football team outlasts Park Hills 42-20 for first district title since 1986 (11/10/18)
- Class and district assignments released for boys and girls basketball (11/9/18)1
- Schedules released for BHC middle school girls basketball tournaments (11/8/18)
Scamming the Veteran (11/13/18)Sunday was Veteran’s Day, but the official observance day for many businesses was Monday, so for our veterans, this week’s column is for them. For me, this Veteran’s Day was even more special since, in July, I lost my dad, a marine veteran. My children’s dad was a Vietnam veteran, and my mother’s brother, the late, A.W. ...
Is Patriotism Alive and Well? (11/10/18)As we honor our men and women for their military service this Veteran’s Day, I ask the question is patriotism alive and well? It would not appear so if you focus on the flag burners, the national anthem kneeling athletes, and the extreme divisiveness in our country...
Hope R. SwinfordHope Renee Swinford, of Gideon, was born January 18, 1966 to the late Harmon Swinford and Ila Christine Carter, in Poplar Bluff, and departed this life Sunday, November 11, 2018 at Gideon Care...
James B. McMillinJames Bennie McMillin, son of the late Chester and Martha (Pittman) McMillin, was born October 1, 1955 in Kennett, Missouri and departed this life November 12, 2018 at the age of 63 years. He is...
Barbara J. HarmonBarbara June Harmon, the daughter of the late Jim Dearing Jr. and the late Beulah Moody Dearing, was born in Kennett, Sunday, April 16, 1944. Barbara died Friday, November 9, 2018 at NHC HealthCare...
Edward BordersFuneral services for 89-year-old Edward Borders, of Malden, are incomplete at this time. Mr. Borders passed away Sunday, November 11, 2018 at Ridgeview Living Community in Malden. Arrangements are...
Shylor Brook Buchanan (11/8/18)Ben and Chantel Buchanan, of Holcomb, recently welcomed an addition to their family. Shylor Brook Buchanan was born October 30, 2018 weighing five pounds and eight ounces. Also welcoming Shylor home, is sibling Storie Blair Buchanan. Grandparents are Scott and Shawn Blake, and Buck and Pam Buchanan. Great-grandparents are Jerry and Sue Crane and Retha Blake...
Music EquipmentFOR SALE 6-pc Drum Set Burgundy finish, bass drum, snare drum, (2) 13 in. mounted toms, (2) 16 in. floor toms, all stands, hardware and cymbals - $400 Payment terms available For info, call Joe Keene 573-888-7471
MiscellaneousFOR SALE New 23,000 btu Kerosene Heater asking $75 Call 573-888-2505
Lost & FoundLost near Walmart or Aldi, bottom partial denture. Offering reward for return. 573-717-0253
City Real EstatePRICE REDUCED $259,900 1814 Allison St.-Miles Richardson Subdivision Kennett, 4 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, master suite & laundry room on main level, large living room & family room, formal dining room, 3 bedrooms on 2nd level w/large bathroom, lots of storage, 2 car garage & a separate single car garage on property, new stainless appliances & quartz counters in kitchen, updated bathrooms, all new windows in 2017, large 2 tier deck, membership & community swimming pool next door. Call...
Latest State & Nation News