End of Watch
Kennett Police Department Assistant Chief Major Rick Groves was given a hero's farewell on Tuesday, October 20, 2020.
City mourns loss of Assistant Chief of Police- Rick GrovesThe City of Kennett is mourning the loss of veteran police officer, Assistant Chief of Police Rick Groves Ė 902. Groves was diagnosed with COVID-19 on September 16th, and exactly one month later, on...
Miner board in upheaval; mayor under fireMINER, Mo. ó Since June, the Miner Board of Aldermen has dealt with physical altercations, allegations of illegal meeting practices, along with several resignations by board members, culminating with...
- Hopper pleads guilty to child pornography charge (10/22/20)
- Southeast among inaugaral class named Yamaha Institution of Excellence (10/22/20)
- Traffic Alert: Route V bridge, posted 30 ton weight limit due to deterioration (10/22/20)
- Malden schools transitioning to virtual education week of Oct. 26-30 (10/21/20)
- Conversations with a Chiropractor - Dr. Chancellor Wayne (10/20/20)
- From the Vaults- Campbell Train Station (10/20/20)
- Authorities confirm identity of man found dead near Wappapello (10/20/20)
- Local effort underway to support Wreaths Across America (10/20/20)
- Statewide winter weather drill set for Oct. 21 & 22 (10/20/20)
- Risco announces Honor/Merit Roll and Perfect Attendance for 1st qtr. (10/20/20)
Kennett City Council 10.6.20
- SEMO Conference VB Championship: Jackson fights all night en route to title
- Bloomfield controls net, sweeps Malden volleyball in regular-season finale
- SEMO Conference VB Roundup: Cape scares defending champ before falling
- Kennett captures Silver title at SEMO Conference Tournament with win over Scott City
- COLUMN: Week 9 is here for S-D area football teams; I have thoughts on each matchup (10/22/20)
- SD WEEK 9 FOOTBALL PREVIEW: Sikeston tries to stop explosive Kennett team; Kelly looks for their seventh win against Affton (10/22/20)
- DDD FOOTBALL CAPSULES: Sikeston at Kennett; Dexter at Malden (10/22/20)
From the Stacks (10/17/20)August 10, 2021, will mark the two hundredth anniversary of Missouriís entry as the 24th state to enter the United States. It was the first one located entirely west of the Mississippi River. Planning for the arrival of the Missouri Bicentennial Quilt Project over the past few months, taking a closer look at the history of Missouri and our statehood has occupied much of my reading time. ...
Cancer (10/17/20)Every year at this time we print a special section devoted to breast cancer awareness. Every year I meet a variety of people who have fought this disease and share their stories of inspiration and hope. Itís an emotional section to write. We focus on breast cancer in October but in actuality all those diagnosed with any form of cancer experience the same feeling...
Jeff Wade, Jr. (10/22/20)Jeff Wade, Jr., son of the late H. J. Wade and Ollie Lee Lucius Wade, was born Thursday, August 8, 1929 in Durma, Miss., and departed this life Wednesday, October 14, 2020, at his residence in...
Steven Thrasher (10/22/20)Steven Thrasher, 59, of Kennett, passed away Sunday, October 18, 2020 at St. Bernard Medical Center in Jonesboro, Ark. McDaniel Funeral Service of Kennett is in charge of arrangements. Online...
Debra Grebing (10/22/20)Debra Yvonne Eastwood Grebing, 67, of Kennett, died Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at Barnes Jewish Hospital in St. Louis due to complications from her courageous battle with cancer over the last several...
Billy Brock (10/22/20)Billy Gene Brock, 65, of Malden, passed away Sunday, October 18, 2020 at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau, Mo. Funeral arrangements are under the direction of Landess Funeral Home of...
Nolan Brooks Bixler (10/6/20)Luke and Christa Bixler wish to announce the birth of their son, Nolan Brooks Bixler. Brooks was born at 1:56 p.m. September 22, 2020 at the St. Francis BirthPlace in Cape Girardeau, Mo., weighing 5 lbs. 1 oz., and was 18.5 inches long. Proud grandparents are Nicholas and Stephanie Acup of Malden, Mo., and Greg and Beth Bixler of Risco, Mo. ...
For RentFOR RENT 605 S. Hopper - Kennett 3 bedroom, 1 bath, all electric home. Must have good rental references. Call 573-888-5961 or 573-717-3606 No Pets! No Smoking!
Help WantedBIBBS TRUCKING OTR Drivers Needed Now Home Weekly Make Good Money Must be 23 and have Class A CDL Local drivers needed too Call or Text Mark 573-888-7202 LOCAL DRIVERS NEEDED NOW
City Real Estate12 PATRICIA CIRCLE SENATH MO Spacious 1971 sq. ft., 3 bedroom, 2 full bath home with a bonus room, hardwood floors, new paint inside, with all kitchen appliances and washer/dryer, new vinyl windows. Brick home trimmed with vinyl siding, double carport, storage shed, comes with screened-in covered patio and privacy fence in backyard. All new paint throughout the house and new flooring. MOVE IN READY! Call Ronda 573-888-7060
WantedWANTED APPLIANCES Stoves, refrigerators, water heaters & misc. Hauled for free! 888-6144
- Missouri business man found guilty in landfill case
- Kennett sends well-wishes to Asst. Chief Groves at council meeting
- Governor Parson Orders Flags to Fly Half-Staff in Honor of Kennett Police Department Assistant Chief Rick Grove
- From the Vaults- Campbell Train Station
- Faulkner's opens second location
Latest State & Nation News