Kennett cracking down on animal abuse/neglect casesThe Kennett Humane Department is starting off the new year with the same mindset but harsher penalties. “I just cant seem to wrap my mind around these people who will leave their dogs outside to...
From the Vaults-Taylor Grigory: Early resident of Dunklin writes of Pioneer days1Dear Sirs: I was born in 1849, four miles north of Kennett, and lived there and near there until 1901, when I moved to Oklahoma, and about 17 years ago I moved to Los Angeles, Calif. I am in my 89th...
- Death investigation underway in Portageville (1/15/19)
- Two arrested on gun, drug charges (1/15/19)
- Missourians to get February Food Stamp (SNAP) benefits a month early (1/15/19)
- Female juvenile in custody for making terrorist threat at Jackson High School (1/15/19)
- Arbyrd sticks to basics at January meeting (1/12/19)
- Kick-off the American Cancer Society Relay for Life of Dunklin County on Tuesday, January 15 (1/12/19)
- Skelton announced as Missouri Junior Beta Sponsor of the Year (1/12/19)
- Julie Orf talks TumbleBooks at Rotary (1/12/19)1
- Gordmans is hiring at new Kennett store (1/12/19)1
- Risco 2018-2019 Homecoming candidates (1/12/19)
Kennett City Council 1-8-19
- Red-hot Portageville girls basketball outlasts Senath-Hornersville 54-46SENATH, Mo. - The January success continued for the Portageville Bulldogs varsity girls basketball team Tuesday night against the Senath-Hornersville Lions. Portageville improved to 5-1 on the month with a 54-46 road victory against the Senath-Hornersvile Lions...
- DDD ROUNDUP: Kennett boys basketball routs Saxony 69-48 (1/16/19)
- Kennett wrestling goes 2-1 at Poplar Bluff Quad (1/16/19)
- Portageville boys basketball wins defensive battle against Senath-Hornersville 46-41 (1/15/19)
- Kennett girls basketball drops conference affair to Notre Dame 54-23 (1/15/19)
- Kennett girls basketball beats Senath-Hornersville 54-17 (1/13/19)
- Kennett wrestling team drops first home match to Dexter 54-24 (1/12/19)
- Late surge helps Senath-Hornersville boys basketball upend Risco 53-52 (1/11/19)
Facing life head-on (1/15/19)Life is full of ups and downs, but unless you are willing to face it head-on and learn how to solve your own problems, rather than finding answers in the bottom of a bottle, “aging gracefully,” is not in your future. Being healthy has nothing to do with how rich or poor you are, but more about the decisions you make from the time you come into this world to the time you leave, and those decisions do not affect only you, but they affect everyone around you. ...
Enlightening (1/12/19)In last week’s column I touched on the fact that we need to clean up our own backyard. A friend of mine sent me this article and I believe it details what I was writing about. I found it very enlightening. It was written by Charley Reese. He worked as a journalist for 49 years...
Hazel E. Abernathy (1/15/19)Hazel Evelyn Abernathy, 89, of Campbell, passed away Saturday, January 12, 2019 at Piggott Community Hospital in Piggott, Ark. Hazel, daughter of Grover Benjamin and Alvah Margaret Tucker Cashion,...
Roger Maddox (1/15/19)Roger Maddox, 64, of Campbell, passed away Wednesday, January 9, 2019 at OSF Saint Francis Medical Center in Peoria, Ill. Landess Funeral Home of Campbell is in charge of arrangements.
Juanita Byrd (1/12/19)Juanita Venell Quigley Byrd, 94, daughter of the late Ruben Airon Quigley and Emma Jane (Williams) Quigley was born January 15, 1924 in Knoble, Ark., and departed this life on January 10, 2019 at...
Dorothy Stokes Faughn (1/10/19)Dorothy Stokes Faughn, legendary band director in Malden, Missouri and memorable musician at Schweitzer United Methodist Church in Springfield, Missouri passed away January 5, 2019 at 92 years of...
Legal NoticesTRUSTEE'S NOTICE OF SALE Because the Mortgagors defaulted on the payment of their Promissory Note, I, J. Michael Mowrer, Trustee, will sell the real estate which serves as security for the Promissory Note. 1. Description:Lot 9, Block C, Corbett Reagan's Amended Third Addition to the City of Kennett, Dunklin County, Missouri. 2. Address: 1413 S. Linden Circle, Kennett, Missouri 63857. 3. Date of Deed of Trust: March 15, 2013. 4. Recorded: March 15, 2013, in Book 2013, Page 899 in Dunklin...
Free for the Taking
Free Kittens4 kittens to good home 2 white and grey one solid grey and one grey striped kitten they are about 2 months old.contact 573-344-2128
Help WantedHelp wanted for an experienced house keeper for large home to assist with home maintenance cleaning, occasional deep cleaning, ironing and from time to time requested organizational duties. Approximately, 12-16 hours per week. Flexible schedule....
Legal NoticesIn Re: Linda Cockerham TRUSTEE'S SALE - Under the terms of the Deed of Trust executed by Linda Cockerham dated 07/31/2009, and recorded on 08/07/2009 Book 515 Page 397-413 Document 092501 in the office of the Recorder of Deeds for Dunklin County , MISSOURI, the undersigned Successor Trustee, will on 02/01/2019 at 12:00 PM at the South Front Door of the Dunklin County Courthouse, 101 S Main St. Kennett MO 63857, sell at public venue to the highest bidder for cash subject...
Latest State & Nation News