End of Watch
Kennett Police Department Assistant Chief Major Rick Groves was given a hero's farewell on Tuesday, October 20, 2020.
United Way Spotlight: ICARE program changes name, retains servicesThe ICARE program at the Dunklin County Caring Council has changed its name to Cancer Assistance Services. “the name was misleading in the sense it sounds like you’re talking about vision care,” said...
From the Vaults- The Dairy House
- BBB Alert: Avoid COVID-19 vaccine scams
- 2021 tax filing season begins Feb.12; IRS outlines steps to speed refunds during pandemic
- Sen. Hawley responds to critics
- Accident on 412 (1/18/21)
- New Year, New Goals Campbell Mayor Raymond Gunter predicts 2021 will be a great year for his city (1/16/21)1
- Free meals celebrate Martin Luther King, Jr. (1/16/21)
- Dexter man charged after pursuit (1/16/21)1
- High success, high interest in Three Rivers College nursing program (1/16/21)
- Parson announces activation of first tier of Phase 1B of state plan (1/14/21)
- Dunklin County Library receives technology grant (1/14/21)
Kennett City Council Jan. 5, 2021
- Boys basketball roundup, Jan. 19: Bernie makes free throws in overtime to beat Oran 50-48
- Kennett senior Adelynn Nelson signs to play softball at Missouri Baptist University (1/18/21)
- Parker makes Long awaited SEMO debut as Redhawks fall to Morehead State (1/17/21)
- State-ranked Campbell boys basketball squad increases win total to a dozen with key district win against Hayti 100-66 (1/16/21)
- Clarkton boys basketball squad beats nearby rival Gideon 52-44 (1/16/21)
- Boys Basketball Roundup, Jan. 17: Kelly upends Chaffee, gains road win (1/16/21)1
- SPORTS DESK COMMENTARY: Two SEMO Conference teams headline the first power rankings of the season (1/15/21)10
The conscience, forgiveness (1/19/21)When God created man, He presented him with a conscience, translated means knowledge, knowing the difference between good and evil. He also gave advice to keep one healthy spiritually and physically. “Therefore, each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to his neighbor, for we are all members of one another. ...
Timeless Wisdom (1/16/21)Politics. There’s a lot I could say about our politicians right now, but in honor of Missouri’s Bicentennial year, I believe I’ll let one of our own native son’s do the talking. Here’s some timeless wisdom from Mark Twain. Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason...
Mary Sue SlinkardIt is with a mix of sadness and joy that we tell you of the passing of God’s servant, Mary Sue (Harris) Slinkard. She was born April 6, 1927 in Coldwater, Mo., and left us this day, January 15, 2021,...
LaVonda WalkerLaVonda Mae Walker, 82, of Senath, the widow of Mr. James Walker, passed from this life Wednesday, January 13, 2021, at NEA Baptist Memorial Hospital in Jonesboro, Ark. Born and raised in Leachville,...
Lucille WilliamsLucille Williams, 95, of Campbell, passed away Thursday, January 14, 2021 at the General Baptist Nursing Home in Campbell. Landess Funeral Home of Campbell is in charge of arrangements. Online...
Glenda C. Fry (1/16/21)Glenda Carolyn Walls Fry was a caring wife, mother, grandmother, sister and friend. She passed away peacefully Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at the age of 79. Glenda was the sixth child born to Leora...
Ham Radio License TrainingThe Bootheel Amateur Radio Club "Bootcamp" is a 10-week online training course to help you obtain your FCC Technician Class ham radio license. The free course will run on Tuesday evenings (7-9PM) from Feb 9 to Apr 13. It will use the ARRL...
MiscellaneousNew St. Louis Cardinal Ladies Wallet $20 573-217-8007
Farm EquipmentFOR SALE 1985 Electric Valley Center Pivot 1/4 of a mile long Located in Bragg City MO If interested call 573-344-7331
For RentFOR RENT Hornersville MO 2 bedroom house very nice, all electric (must furnish own heater) References & deposit required $350.00 Rent $300.00 Deposit 573-737-2121
Latest State & Nation News