DDD Closed Fourth of JulyThe offices of the Delta Dunklin Democrat will be closed for the Independence Day holiday Thursday, July 2 through Sunday, July 5, so that our employees may spend the holiday with their families....
Kennett Fireworks ShowThe annual Kennett Fireworks show will be held at the Kennett Municipal Airport Saturday, July 4 at 9:00 p.m.
- Hornersville Fireworks Show (7/2/20)
- Community Profile: Cathy Reyes (7/2/20)
- Arbyrd discusses ditch maintenance and 2021 Budget (7/2/20)
- FCC Behavioral Health donates to Kennett D.A.R.E. Program (7/2/20)
- Wellness check leads to recovery of stolen car, gun and suspected heroin (7/2/20)
- Western Day visitors at Ridgeview (7/2/20)
- Ridgeview celebrates Father's Day (7/2/20)
- The City of Malden swears in Council at June meeting (7/2/20)
- Governor Parson and state leaders alarmed at rising traffic deaths (7/2/20)
- Caruthersville Police Reports (7/2/20)
Kennett City Council 6/2/2020
- Fighting Squirrels win a rain-shortened game against Festus 9-0CHARLESTON, Mo. — Rain covered the field at Hillhouse Park on Tuesday, forcing the Fighting Squirrels game to end prematurely. Despite Mother Nature, Charleston still managed to put up runs in three innings of play, before the contest ended. The Fighting Squirrels defeated Festus 9-0, scoring five runs in the first and four in the third...
- Kennett graduate Maddy Nigut looks to continue family tradition by twirling at Arkansas State University (7/2/20)
- 'Recruiting never stops' for new SEMO basketball staff - not even during a pandemic (7/2/20)1
- SEMO athletics has a plan for its health (7/2/20)
- Kennett girls tennis program hopes extra work pays off (7/1/20)
- Abundance of time has been a 'blessing' for new SEMO hoop coach Brad Korn (7/1/20)3
- Cooter baseball player Layton Robinson honored after accident takes his life (6/30/20)
- CHALLENGER CHAMPS: Charleston Fighting Squirrels defeat the Perfectos for SEMO Challenger title (6/30/20)
Anger, health issues (6/30/20)Every time you look at Facebook or tune into the news, strife and blight seem to dominate. A conversation with my daughter one morning about the madness taking hold of this country, made me realize that, one, you can’t fix stupid, and two, every time I see it, it makes me mad. As a senior, it is important to take care of myself and controlling anger and the emotions that wreak havoc on my body is part of that healing. So, how does anger affect the body, and how can you control it?...
Hope (6/27/20)In these tumultuous times many have given into despair and have given up on the thought that we can once again unite as a country. It seems with all the issues we’re dealing with now as a nation, racial equality, political discord, the pandemic, we are drifting further apart and creating an atmosphere of anger and fear...
Ronnie Tipton (7/2/20)Ronnie Dale Tipton, 72, of Malden, passed away Saturday, June 27, 2020 at Poplar Bluff Regional Medical Center in Poplar Bluff. Graveside services are under the direction of Landess Funeral Home of...
Ronald G. Coburn (6/30/20)Ronald “Ronnie” G. Coburn was born on March 1, 1946 in Kennett, Missouri and departed this life June 20, 2020 in Deer Trail, Colorado, where he lost his battle to cancer after a strong fight for nine...
Pam L. Bader (6/30/20)Pam L. Bader, 63, of Glennonville, passed away Wednesday, June 24, 2020, at her residence in Glennonville. Landess Funeral Home of Campbell in charge of arrangements.
Debbie Gregory (6/27/20)Deborah Ann Gregory, 64, of Jackson, passed away Monday, June 22, 2020, at her home in Jackson. She was born October 5, 1955, in Poplar Bluff, Mo., to Vernon and Christine Montgomery Thurman. She and...
For RentFOR RENT Kennett Professional Center LARGE OPEN SPACE Perfect for YOGA---GYM Suite #3 & #4 available now UTILITIES PAID WITH RENT! Call 870-740-6401
WantedWANTED APPLIANCES Stoves, refrigerators, water heaters & misc. Hauled for free! 888-6144
Help WantedWilling to pay someone to tear down an old wooden barn. call Jack Mosley (573) 276-3427
For RentAccepting Applications! TAVEN APARTMENTS 2, 3 & 4 Bedroom apartments 1008 Marlar Road Caruthersville, MO 573-333-2775 APPLYNOW
- Dunklin County coronavirus cases soar over past week
- Rumors- City of Kennett not looking to shut down restaurants during COVID spike
- Kennett man drowns over weekend
- Roger Wheeler: "It's all about doing things without any expectations of a reward."
- Kennett Hospital Revitalization Project announces plans to construct new hospital replacement facility
Latest State & Nation News
- Was new Chex flavor worth South Koreans' 16-year wait?
- Coronavirus concerns freeze Vanilla Ice show
- Vanilla Ice indefinitely postpones a Texas concert that drew fierce criticism due to the coronavirus pandemic
- Firm to offer balloon rides from Alaska to the edge of space
- Wisconsin family saves bear swimming with head stuck in bin