- Positive Brotherhood treating 30 kids to steak dinner (1/23/20)
- Steele man arrested after allegedly shooting at his neighbor (1/23/20)
- Gosnell coach accused of steroid trafficking resigns (1/23/20)
- Filing dates close for city council candidacy (1/23/20)
- Annual Tallapoosa Baptist Men's Conference set (1/23/20)
- Social Security launches new campaign to fight scammers (1/23/20)
- Three Rivers College releases Fall 2019 Dean's List (1/23/20)
- Keith Mitchell: A man of many hats (1/21/20)2
- From the Vaults- Emerson Electric (1/21/20)
- Malden man convicted of attempted burglary (1/21/20)
Kennett City Council 1/7/2020
- Holcomb boys basketball team responds to halftime speech with 35-point third quarter, beats Southland 80-49
- Eight Semoball teams included in state basketball rankings (1/23/20)
- Former opponent, Davion Steele looks to help new wrestling team climb SEMO Conference standings (1/23/20)
- Seeds set for SEMO Conference wrestling tournament (1/23/20)
- Basketball Roundup, Jan. 22 (1/23/20)
- Basketball Roundup, Jan. 21 (1/22/20)
- Kennett girls basketball wins another nail-biter, edges nearby rival Holcomb 36-35 (1/21/20)
Tai Chi benefits seniors (1/21/20)Tai Chi is an ancient form of Chinese martial arts that involves slow movements and controlled deep breathing. Because of its low impact and ability to give people with poor limited mobility a chance to improve their balance, broaden their range of motion and coordination, and with its gentle, but effective activity, it is the perfect exercise for seniors...
Words to live by (1/18/20)1Everyone has a favorite quote. Looking back at my recent column I began to think on all of my favorite quotes or sayings. Here are just a few. I canít change the direction of the wind. All I can do is adjust my sail. If you tell the truth, you donít have to remember anything...
Elma Marchbanks (1/23/20)Elma Jean Marchbanks, daughter of the late George P. Cullum and Beula B. Smith Cullum, was born August 30, 1927 in Choctaw, Arkansas and departed this life January 19, 2020 at the age of 92 years, 4...
Jeremy Farr (1/23/20)Funeral services for Jeremy Keith Farr, 44, of Houston, Texas, formerly of Malden, are under the direction of Landess Funeral Home of Malden. Mr. Farr passed away Saturday, January 11, 2020 in...
Tommy G. Miller (1/21/20)Tommy Gene Miller, 69, son of Irma Rouse Miller and the lateTommie Kelsey Miller, was born Monday, January 8, 1951 in Kennett, and departed this life Thursday, January 16, 2020 at Pemiscot Memorial...
Lanny D. Crane (1/21/20)Lanny D. Crane, 76, of Gideon, passed away Friday, Jan. 17, 2020 at his residence in Gideon. Bradshaw Funeral Home of Malden in charge of arrangements.
Mira Elizabeth Burr (1/23/20)Ronald and Kimberly Burr would like to announce the birth of their daughter, Mira Elizabeth Burr. Mira was born December 12, 2019 at the St. Francis Family BirthPlace in Cape Girardeau, Mo., weighing 4 lbs. 4 oz., and was 17 inches long. Grandparents are Linda Rickman of Holcomb, Richard Rickman of Holcomb, Biggy Burr of Piggott, Ark., and Teresa Burr, also of Piggott...
Adalyn Ruth Kamper (1/2/20)Matthew and Mindy Kamper, of Kennett, would like to announce the birth of their daughter, Adalyn Ruth Kamper. Adalyn was born December 17, 2019 at 8:15 p.m. weighing 7 lbs. 9 oz. Grandparents are Thomas and Kathye Kamper, Doyle and Tammy Jones, Carlie Craig, and Rubie Jones...
New Online Reader
Latest State & Nation News