- Battle of the Badges brings recount (5/18/19)
- Southland Graduation Ceremony 2019 (5/18/19)
- Campbell to buckle down on ordinance violations (5/18/19)
- 2019 Holcomb High School scholarship recipients (5/18/19)
- Ridgeview Living Center hosts quilt show (5/18/19)
- Local VFW presents appreciation certificate to Kennett Burger King (5/18/19)
- KCTC students receive awards at assembly (5/18/19)
- Risco School District announces honor roll students (5/18/19)
- Annual Memorial Service to be held at Elder-Snider Cemetery (5/18/19)
- Spring Pop Concert held at South Elementary (5/16/19)
Kennett City Council 5-7-19
- Five Malden track athletes medal at Class 2 state meetJEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - Five Malden track athletes walked away with medals Saturday at the Class 2 state track meet at Adkins Stadium at Jefferson City High School. Malden junior Onerica Reed placed fifth in the 100-meter dash with a time of 12.68. The 4x100 and 4x200 Malden girls relay teams consisting of Reed, Arionne Ross, Crystal Allen, Shamya Dobbins, and alternate Makinley Walker also brought home medal. ...
- Kennett shatters records, qualifies 16 for Class 3 state track meet (5/19/19)
- Kennett falls to Lincoln 8-3 in eight innings in Class 1 state softball championship (5/18/19)
- Kennett softball team slides past Mount Vernon 5-4 in state semifinal (5/17/19)
- 2019 Tri-County Conference softball awards released (5/17/19)1
- Kennett softball team departs for state tournament (5/16/19)1
- Cooter baseball team wins C1D1 championship (5/16/19)
- SPRING SOFTBALL FINAL FOUR PREVIEW CAPSULE: Kennett eyes third state title in school history (5/15/19)
Graduation (5/18/19)I’ve been to a lot of graduations this year. The DDD covered 11 school’s commencement ceremonies. It’s a good thing I enjoy these events. They all have similarities. The senior class entering, family members looking on with tears in their eyes, awards given, and speeches made...
Next to Godliness (5/18/19)Not long after our Lord ascended into heaven after walking the earth for forty days following His resurrection from the dead, disciple Peter was in Joppa waiting for his evening meal and decided to go to the roof of the house for some privacy in praying to the Lord. ...
Dennis P. Smithson (5/18/19)Dennis Paul Smithson, 63, son of Peggy Joyce (Wilson) Smithson and the late James Paul Smithson was born August 2, 1955 in Pocahontas, Ark., and departed this life on May 14, 2019. Dennis married...
John W. Ward (5/18/19)John Wesley Ward, 37, of Holcomb, passed away Tuesday, May 14, 2019 in Hayti. Landess Funeral Home of Campbell is in charge of arrangements.
Brady E. Robinson (5/18/19)Brady Eugene Robinson, 85, son of the late Winfred Robinson and Delta (Riddle) Robinson was born February 15, 1934 in Kennett, and departed this life on May 15, 2019. Brady married Marjorie Winters...
Debby Cook (5/18/19)Debby Cook, “Mugga,” was born November 27, 1957 in Pontiac, Mich., to the late Charles K. Provance, Sr. and Patricia L. Provance, and she peacefully departed this world Tuesday, May 14, 2019,...
Liam Kase Johnson (5/11/19)Melissa and Brian Johnson of Clarkton are pleased to announce the birth of their son, Liam Kase Johnson, born Monday, March 4, 2019 at 5:23 at Poplar Bluff Regional Medical Center in Poplar Bluff. Liam weighed 7 pounds and 3 ounces and was 22 inches long...
Dustin J Starks, II (4/25/19)Haley D. Morgan, of Kennett, and Dustin J Starks, of Caruthersville, wish to announce the birth of their son, Dustin J Starks, II. He was born April 17, 2019, with a little help from Dad, around 3:00 a.m. on the way to the hospital. He weighed in at Arkansas Methodist Medical Center in Paragould, Ark., at six pounds, eight ounces and 18.5 inches long...
Help WantedTHERAPISTS NEEDED! Mid-South Health System's is currently recruiting for mental health professionals licensed as therapists or eligible for reciprocity for Arkansas licensure for our Corning Outpatient Clinic and Transitional Unit. We offer a $2,000 location premium. Salaries for LCSW's and LPC's START at $50,000 and increase with years of licensure. Excellent benefits package including 5% match on 401k, choice of health, dental and vision plans as well as life, AD&D, Short Term...
City Real Estate3 BEDROOM BRICK HOME FOR SALE 1928 VENDA ST. IN KENNETT 1161 sq. ft., 90x150 lot w/privacy fence, double driveway, shed, new deck w/fire pit, attached garage, carport, c/h/a updated in last 5 years, new carpet in bedrooms, full bath newly remodeled, ½ bath, separate kitchen/dining/living room, appliances will stay! Asking $86,000 Call: 573-559-8444
Free for the TakingFREE PIANO Great for beginner! Antique-style, must be picked up in Kennett Please text if interested: 573-344-7195
Latest State & Nation News