LOCAL CLOSINGS DUE TO COVID-19
Closings due to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Pandemic are now happening on a local level. Some businesses are closing their lobbies, some are going drive thru only, some are closing completely, and yet others are canceling or rescheduling events. The DDD is diligently working to bring you those closings and cancelations as they happen.
If you know of an event or service that has been canceled or a business that is closed that is not on this list, please email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following are the closings/cancelations to date:
• Schools Closing March 18 thru April 3rd include: Bernie, Campbell, Clarkton, Delta C-7, Gideon, Holcomb, Kennett, Malden, Risco, Senath-Hornersville, Southland, All Pemiscot County Schools
• Business Lobbies that are closed include: City Light, Gas & Water (TFN), Dunklin County Caring Council (thru 4/3), SEMO Drugs (TFN) Drive Thru only, Mr. Chan's Donuts (TFN) Drive Thru only, Kennett Hardee's limited hours, Cornerstone Pharmacy (TFN) Call 888-9094 and they will bring your prescription out to you
• Kennett DARE Graduation has been canceled
• Kennett Rotary meetings have been canceled TFN
• Kennett First United Methodist Trivia Night/Fish Fry has been canceled
• Kennett Palace Theater closed TFN
• Kennett Republican Committee meeting for tonight canceled
• Dunklin County Library (all branches) will have limited access
• Harp's Food Store closed 8pm until 8am daily
• Kennett OAKS will serve meals, but will not have activities TFN
• Missouri Casinos will close at midnight tonight and remain closed until further notice
• All area nursing homes are not allowing visitors at this time
• Silver Dollar City is delaying the opening of their season until March 28 (tentative date)
• Malden Pizza Hut is carry out only until further notice.
• Kennett Lions Club will not meet through April 3rd
• LaFemme Club Roaring 20s Gala postponed to June 6 at 7pm
• First Baptist Church of Kennett has suspended all church services and activities for two weeks, will reevaluate at that time
• Senath Subway lobby closed, drive thru only TFN
• Malden Nutrition Site is pickup or delivery only until further notice
• KFD: The LETS Survive Course that was scheduled for March 28th in Kennett has been cancelled
• Kennett Lions Club Pancake Breakfast for April 4 has been canceled
• Wendy's, Dairy Queen, Burger King, KFC, Taco Bell, Sweet Mayhem are all now drive thru only
• McDonald's has limited seating in dining room and drive thru
• Kennett Pizza Hut is carryout and delivery only
•***Area Walmart Stores will now be open from 7am to 8:30pm daily, except those with later opening times. They will open from 6-7am on Tuesday mornings for Elderly customers only. Auto centers will be closed.
• Hardee's of Kennett has changed hours to 7am to 12pm daily
• Polka Dot Rooster Boutique in Kennett is Closed until further notice
• DDD office is closed to the public until further notice. Drop box conveniently located next to front door. Payments may be made by phone - 573.888.4505.
• Dunklin County Courthouse is closed to the public until further notice.
• All area restaurants that remain open are for drive thru/pickup/delivery only.
• Area Nutrition Centers are still serving meals, but on a pickup or delivery only basis.
• Briggs & Stratton in Poplar Bluff has closed operations for the time being.
• Three Rivers College has implemented work from home policy, all classes are online
• Area hospitals are limiting visitors