In other business, the board:
* Authorized Ms. Rayanna Dalton, Director of Curriculum and Instruction, to submit a 2013 Summer School Application to the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
* Approved Mr. Jerry Buchanan as the district's Foster Care Liaison for the 2012-13 school year.
* Approved the proposed 2013-14 calendar.
* Approved recommendation to recognize Ms. Sande Crunk as the Kennett Memorial Post No. 5443 of the Veteran's of Foreign War's "Teacher of the Year" at the February board meeting.
The board closed the meeting by adjourning to executive session.
During the executive session, the board:
* Approved Laura Ort as the high school assistant track coach;
* Employed Phyllis Pritchett as an instructional aide at South Elementary;
* Employed Aaron Pixley as the high school physical education teacher for the 2013-2014 school year;
* Employed Pixley as the high school head football coach for the 2013-2014 school year;
* Re-employed Assistant Superintendent Brandon Jones for the 2013-2014 school year, and;
* Extended Superintendent Chris Wilson's contract by one year.
* Daily Dunklin Democrat Managing Editor George Anderson contributed to this report.