Community members, once again, have the chance to make the Christmas season a little brighter for area families through the annual "Angels of Christmas" Program.
The program provides the opportunity for individuals to adopt an "Angel" and help fill the wish lists of families who may be struggling. Nominated based on need, these "Angels" are published confidentially in the newspaper and are referr-ed to the Daily Dunklin Democrat by one of its co-sponsoring organizations. Each individual on the list is screened and verified as having a legitimate need.
Those charitable individuals who agree to adopt an "Angel" will receive the name, address and telephone number of the individual they're helping in order to make arrangements with that person, or person's family, to discover the needs and to deliver the gifts in time for family's holiday celebration.
The following is a list of those who need someone to help share the joy of Christmas.
* Angel No. 1 - 10-year-old male: clothing size 10; 8-year-old male: clothing size 10; 7-year-old male: clothing size 8. The family requests toys for the children and any household items.
* Angel No. 2 - 10-year-old male: clothing size 9-10, shoe size 5 ½; 8-year-old female: clothing size 7-8, shoe size 1; 7-year-old male: clothing size 7-8, shoe size 12 ½; 6-year-old male: clothing size 7-8, shoe size 11 ½; 1-year-old male: clothing size 24 months, shoe size 6. The family requests games that all ages can play together and warm clothes.
* Angel No. 3 - 7-year-old male: clothing size 8, shoe size 2 ½; 6-year-old male: clothing size 6, shoe size 12; 1-year-old male: clothing size 9 months, shoe size infant 2. The family requests age-appropriate toys, cars, Nerf guns and clothing.
* Angel No. 4 - 9-year-old male: Pant size 8 slim, shoe size 4; 7-year-old male: pants size 6-7, shoe size 12; 10-month-old female clothing size not listed. The family requests 4-in-1 Nerf gun, radio controlled Mustang, Play Station 2 games, games for Wii for the boys, and learning games for the girl. The family also requests a tool set and a glow set for the 7-year-old boy and a basketball and/or soccer ball for the 9-year-old.
* Angel No. 5 - 13-year-old male: clothing size 14-16, shoe size 7 ½; 10-year-old female: clothing size 10-12, shoes size 4; 7-year-old male: clothing size 5-6 slim, shoe size 1; 6-year-old male: clothing size 5-6, shoe size 12; 3-year-old female: clothing size 4T, shoe size 9. The family requests books, art supplies, remote control cars, My Little Pony items, Barbies, Legos, computer games, headphones, Easy Bake Oven mixes, board games and DVDs (cartoon and history) for all of the children.
* Angel No.6 - 11-year-old female: clothing size 10-12, pant size 12 slim, shoe size 5; 5-year-old male: clothing size 5T, shoe size 11; 2-year-old male:clothing size 2T, shoe size 9; 30-year-old female: shirt size 2X, pant size 22, shoe size 7; 31-year-old male: shirt size large, pant size 34x34, shoe size 13. The family requests any age-appropriate toys.
* Angel No. 7 - 11-year-old male: pant size 12, shirt size medium, shoe size 5; 11-year-old male: pant size 12, shirt size medium, shoe size 5; (no age listed) male: pant size 14, shirt size large, shoe size 9. The family requests cars, ball, board games, Beyblades, paint, books, bikes, skateboard and a radio.
* Angel No. 8 - 10-year-old female: shirt size large, pant size 14; 14-year-old male: shirt size men's large, pant size 36; 15-year-old male: shirt size men's X-large, pant size 34 or 36; 16-year-old female: shirt size women's X-large, pant size 17 or 19 long; 17-year-old female: shirt size women's X-large, pant size 16 or 18 long; 17-year-old female: shirt size women's X-large, pant size 14-16 petite. Household items needed include ham, bread, stuffing, sweet potatoes and potato salad. For the children, the family requests board games, PS3 games, children's movies, video games, and Pink, Nikki, Nasha, and Whitney Houston CDs.
* Angel No. 9 - 9-year-old male: shirt size 10-12, pant size 10, sock size 9 ½-10, shoe size 6; 5-year-old male: clothing size 8-9, sock size 8 ½-9, shoe size, 2-2 ½; 3-year-old-male: shirt size 4-5, pant size 3T, sock size 5-6 toddler, shoe size 11-11 ½; 1-year-old female: no sizes listed. The family requests a ham or turkey and Beyblade for the 9-year-old male, Ben 10 for the 5-year-old male, trucks for the 3-year-old male and a baby doll for the 1-year-old female.