High: 83°F ~ Low: 61°F
Monday, July 28, 2014
I be bloggin'Posted Wednesday, September 22, 2010, at 3:27 PM
So, I was asked to start writing a blog. At first I was thinking, nah, I can't do that. Then that other voice, that I try not to listen to so often began to speak. Sure! You can do this. Oh, that voice gets me in more trouble then the other voice; but that's the voice that pushes me to do things that I am usually too scared to try new things.
About 15 years ago, I received a present for my high school graduation. This gift is still with me today, in my home, hanging on the wall. This particular gift was a poster that was framed that was titled, "21 Suggestions for Success" by H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
I read those suggestions, and most of these suggestions are so simple and they are things we have heard our entire life. I never thought that this poster would play such an important role in some of my decision making, but it did.
I still read these suggestions, and cherish each one. Some of them make me smile, some make me cry, some make me do a little soul searching. Either way I would have to say that this gift has definitely got its money worth.
I probably use number 19 the most. "Be bold and courageous. When you look back on your life, you will regret the things you didn't do, more than the ones you did."
That one suggestion has made a major change in my life. It helped me decide to relocate, to attempt to make a better life for myself. It helped me decide to attempt to have my own business. And lastly, it helped me decide to write this blog.
I hope that you all find these suggestions to be helpful. Go ahead, use one or two of the suggestions. It's okay, I know how to share.
1. Marry the right person. This one decision will determine 90% of your happiness or misery.
2. Work at something you enjoy and that's worthy of your time and talent.
3. Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
4. Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know.
5. Be forgiving of yourself and others.
6. Be generous.
7. Have a grateful heart.
8. Persistence, persistence, persistence.
9. Discipline yourself to save money on even the most modest salary.
10.Treat everyone you meet like you want to be treated.
11.Commit yourself to constant improvement.
12.Commit yourself to quality.
13.Understand that happiness is not based on possessions, power or prestige, but on relationships with people you love and respect.
14. Be loyal
15. Be honest.
16. Be a self-starter.
17. Be decisive even if it means you'll sometimes be wrong.
18. Stop blaming others. Take responsibility for every area of you life.
19. Be bold and courageous. When you look back on your life, you'll regret the things you didnt do more than the ones you did.
20. Take good care of those you love.
21. Don't do anything that wouldn't make your Mom proud.
Do you realize that if you apply just half of these suggestions, how much more calm and how you will eliminate some of the stress in your life?
Try it, you might like it.
Small-town girl moves to the big city, but never forgets her roots!