- La Femme Club hosting Leprechaun Run for Delta Children’s Home (1/18/18)
- Alex Riffle and The Stiff Riffs perform Jan. 20 (1/18/18)
- Aging Gracefully (1/16/18)
- CBD Oil: The benefits, answers and availability is right here (1/16/18)
- TRRMC focused on bringing new physicians and services to area (1/16/18)
- How local schools benefit from Missouri Lottery (1/16/18)1
- From the Vaults (1/16/18)
- Kennett City Compost busy with leaves, limbs and trash disposal (1/16/18)
- Malden Airport Manager takes on Economic Developer role (1/13/18)
- Alex Riffle and the Stiff Riffs set to perform in Kennett (1/13/18)
- Kennett girls basketball team outlasts Twin Rivers 46-43 in overtimeKENNETT, Mo. - It took a little extra time but the Kennett Indians varsity girls basketball team found a way to rally past the visiting Twin Rivers Royals in the closing minutes Thursday night. Kennett overcame a 36-30 deficit in the closing six minutes of the fourth quarter to force overtime and scored the final five points of the extra session as it outlasted visiting Twin Rivers 46-43...
- Senath-Hornersville girls basketball team edges Holcomb 48-40
- Malden girls basketball team storms past Caruthersville 64-21
- Updated: Basketball games postponed, rescheduled in the Missouri Bootheel (1/18/18)
- Kennett boys basketball team upends state-ranked Saxony Lutheran 68-64 (1/17/18)
- Kennett girls basketball team falls at Notre Dame 62-41 (1/17/18)
- Kennett wrestling team falls at Dexter 54-12 (1/15/18)
- Kennett girls outlast Senath-Hornersville 51-47 (1/12/18)
Enoch Pleased God (1/13/18)Let’s consider a man named Enoch who “pleased God”. He lived not long after the creation of the world. “… And Enoch walked with God after he begat Methusalah three hundred years … And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.” (Genesis 5:21-24) God took Enoch directly to heaven because He pleased God! “By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God. ...
Choice to Rejoice- Part III (1/13/18)Choose “blessed” over “stressed!” I can’t help but think of that old hymn, “Count your blessings name them one by one. Count your blessing see what God has done. Count your blessings. Name them one by one. Count your many blessings see what God has done!” I can’t help but think of that Bible verse that says, “Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits.” (Psalm 103:2) So, if you’re reading my rag today; down in the dumps – look up chump and see how much you benefit and see that you’re really most blessed! Oh it’s true! It’s bloody well true!. ...
Brandy Michelle Nixon (1/18/18)Brandy Michelle Nixon, daughter of Rita (Caples) Pickard and the late Danny Nixon was born March 10, 1975 in Kennett and departed this life on January 16, 2018 at the age of 42 years. Survivors...
Jack E. Wilhite (1/18/18)Jack E. Wilhite, age 88 of Lexington, Ky., formerly of Holcomb, passed away Jan. 15, 2018 in Kentucky. McDaniel Funeral Service of Kennett will be in charge of the arrangements.
Nan Bennett (1/18/18)Nan Bennett, daughter of the late James Freddie Mullikin and Aleene Mae (Petty) Mullikin was born February 26, 1927 in Kennett, and departed this life on January 15, 2018 at the age of 90 years....
Maxine Bailey (1/16/18)Maxine Bailey, 94, of Granbury, and formerly of Malden, passed away on Sunday, January 7, 2018. No services are planned at this time. Maxine Bailey was born at Rt. 2 in Campbell on August 1, 1923 to...
Brooklynn Renee Cunningham (1/18/18)Justin and Tabitha Cunningham of Kennett, announce the birth of their daughter, Brooklynn Renee Cunningham, born Jan. 10, 2018, at Poplar Bluff Regional Medical Center Brooklynn weighed 7 lbs. and 15 oz. and was 20.5 inches long. She is the granddaughter of Donnetta and Deron Pollard from Piggott, Ark., Randy and Denice Howard from Bragg City, and Mary and the late Scott Cunningham of Kennett...
Rowan Michael Gough (1/18/18)Tiffany and Brandon Gough of Malden, announce the birth of their son, Rowan Michael Gough, born Dec. 22, 2017, at Saint Francis Medical Center’s Family BirthPlace. Rowan was born at 1:23 p.m. and weighed 6 lbs. and 2 oz. and was 19-3/4 inches long. He is the grandson of David Hagar of Kennett, Kennie and Evelyn Allen of Malden, and Harold and Dana Gough of Malden...
MiscellaneousVALENTINE'S DAY SPECIAL $24.99 + tax (per person) Dinner includes: Porksteak, Ribs, Chicken, Scallop potatoes, baked beans, rolls, drink, dessert. Reserved Seating only-Limited Seating available in the Event Room, 5:00-8:00pm. Call 573-792-9689 to reserve your table by February 10, 2018
City Real EstateFOR SALE BY OWNER 209 Slicer St., Kennett. Over 1900 sq.ft., double lot, convenient location. New roof, remodeled interior, ch/a. Includes: waiting room, reception area, conference room, 3 private offices, 2 bathrooms, file room. Serious inquiries only 888-4683
Reliable driverReliable driver with car, current drivers license and insurance. Need to drive to Piggott to provide transportation.
City Real Estate*****NEW LISTING***** FOR SALE BY OWNER 1388 sq.ft., 2 bedrooms - can be made into 3. 1 car carport, 1 full bath & half bath, new tile floors except one room, new tin roof, new water lines, new bath tub, kitchen sink, and dishwasher installed in 2015. Screened in patio shed 12x16, new roof in 2009, fenced in back yard. Stove, fridge, dishwasher & ventless heater stay. Move in Ready! Call 344-9528 or 344-0030 for more information.
Latest State & Nation News