BWM hoping to “Light up the Square” Good Friday nightSteve Patton email@example.com Kennett Business Women of Missouri urge you to participate in the Dunklin County Relay for Life Luminaria Ceremony in Kennett on Friday, April 14 at the Courthouse...
Tumbling entertainment at HeritagePhoto by Jeff Dorris, staff Members of the Elite Tumble and Cheer squad entertained residents at Heritage Nursing Center on Tuesday night.
- New president of Hornersville Farmers and Merchants Club (3/29/17)
- KHS Art Club donates paintings (3/29/17)
- St. Louis Brass concert Friday (3/29/17)
- Chamber of Commerce prepares for banquet (3/29/17)
- Why Become a Doctor? (3/29/17)
- Wilson is third to make Wall of Fame (3/29/17)
- Work begins on Hwy 25 (3/28/17)
- Missouri House votes to repeal public construction wage law (3/28/17)
- Greitens says Trump might intervene on Missouri IDs (3/28/17)
- New Rotary member (3/28/17)
Kennett City Council
- Kennett baseball team beats Malden 14-5MALDEN, Mo. - The Kennett Indians baseball team outlasted the Malden Green Wave 14-5 in a high-scoring affair that lasted 150 minutes Tuesday. Kennett recorded two runs in the first, three runs in the second and five runs in the top of the fourth inning to build a 10-0 lead...
- Senath-Hornersville baseball team edges Kelly 1-0 (3/28/17)
- Kennett softball team run-rules Dexter 13-0 (3/28/17)
- Kennett track athletes look to pass personal records (3/28/17)
- Kennett's Heidi Shetley, Hayti's Darius Jones among all-state basketball selections (3/27/17)
- Senath-Hornersville’s David Sawyer signs to play baseball at Freed-Hardeman University (3/25/17)
The sales tax and “Hail Hail” Chuck Berry (3/25/17)Steve Patton firstname.lastname@example.org It seems each week I ponder about Kennett sales tax issues. It will not be finalized for a few weeks yet, so this is not the last time. The City Council Tuesday night tabled a vote on an ordinance placing a .5 cent sales tax on the August ballot. They did that after Laura Ford, administrator of the OAKS, requested a .5 cent sales tax for senior services. The council ordinance called for 1/8 cent for senior services and the rest to the City...
Dicamba, Republicans, and the sales tax (3/18/17)Ponderings this week leave me more questions than answers. Let's start with the one that does have an answer. The Missouri Legislature passed a bill that would levy stiff fines on those who would spray herbicides illegally. The bill is a response to the dicamba problems that have plagued our area of the world. Hats off to State Rep. Don Rone who pushed for the legislation. The bill is ready for Governor Greitens' signature. When he signs it, the law takes affect immediately...
Manuel Mims (3/29/17)Manuel Mims, 68, of Malden died Sunday, March 26, 2017 at his residence. Bradshaw Funeral Home of Malden is in charge of arrangements.
Donald Strickland (3/29/17)Donald Ray Strickland, 66, of Campbell, formerly of Risco, died Tuesday, March 28, 2017 at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau. Bradshaw Funeral Home of Malden is in charge of arrangements.
Millie Appleby (3/29/17)Millie “Virginia” (Graham) Appleby, died Friday, March 24, 2017 at the age of 83. She had resided the past 10 years at Crestpark Nursing Center in Marianna, Ark. She was born April 8, 1933 in...
Leon McAnally (3/29/17)Leon McAnally, was born to John A. and Ethel Kimbrow McAnally on Jan. 20, 1915. His three siblings John, Sue, and Sam all preceded him in death as well as his parents. Leon grew up in Kennett,...
Ryland Phillip Tripp (3/25/17)Jeff and Jessica Tripp, of Paducah, Ky., wish to announce the birth of their son, Ryland Phillip Tripp, born February 22, 2017 at Lourdes Hospital in Paducah. He weighed 7 lbs. and 5 oz., and was 19 inches long. Paternal grandparents are Wayne Tripp of Senath, and the late Tracey Henfling. Maternal grandparents are Sherry Curtright of Senath, and the late Richard Curtright...
Legal NoticesTRUSTEE'S NOTICE OF SALE Because the Mortgagor defaulted on the payment of her Promissory Note, I, Johnny Dalton, Trustee, will sell the real estate which serves as security for the Promissory Note. 1. Description: A part of Block 8, Rose Park Addition to the City of Kennett, Dunklin County, Missouri, more particularly described as beginning 136 feet South of the Northwest Corner of said Block 8, running thence East 100 feet, thence South 64 feet, thence West 100 feet to the West line of...
For RentHOUSE FOR LEASE Kennett MO Very nice 3 bedroom 2 full baths, brick, 1900 sq.ft. separate living room den/fireplace All new appliances, washer & dryer inc. ch/a, located in nice neighborhood. $1250 month. Serious inquiries only 573-717-0974
For RentSmall furnish apartment utilities paid. Also would like to by a used couch-will haul. Call 573-717-5007
Help WantedArkansas Northeastern College is accepting applications for the following positions: Welding Instructor Aviation Maintenance Instructor Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the positions are filled. Interviews may occur throughout the application period. Please visit the ANC website at www.anc.edu/jobs for complete job descriptions and application procedures. For information, call (870) 762-3121. Applications should be sent to: Office of Human...
Latest State & Nation News