Food distribution at Dunklin Co Caring CouncilPhotos by Steve Patton, staff Sacks of food were distributed on a first come first serve basis at the Dunklin County Caring Council Thursday morning. Funds for the food came from FEMA's emergency...
Brown sentenced for Kennett armed robberyA Kennett man accused of being part of an armed robbery in 2015 was sentenced to 20 years in prison. According to the U.S. Attorney's Office, Antonio Brown, 37, was sentenced on one felony count of...
- Your News, Your Day: Quarles awarded music camp scholarship
- Masterson holds Activity Day
- SEMO Health Network holds event
- BWM scholarship awarded
- Missouri House passes proposal for lower electric rates
- Mental Health Month focuses on risky behaviors (5/24/17)
- Troop E planning to be out in force over holiday weekend (5/24/17)
- Summer food program underway for 2017 (5/22/17)
- Missouri lawmakers Monday power up for electric special session (5/22/17)
- Annual Memorial Day Service set for Square (5/22/17)
Kennett City Council
- South Pemiscot suffers heartbreaking loss to St. Vincent in Class 2 baseball quarterfinalSTEELE, Mo. - St. Vincent third baseman Mitchell Dobbelare knew putting the ball in play anywhere might be all it would take to break a 6-6 tie and secure a walk-off victory against South Pemiscot Wednesday evening. “I was thinking going up there I had to make contact,” said Dobbelare, who stepped to the plate with one out and the bases loaded in the bottom of the seventh inning. ...
- South Pemiscot edges Van Buren 3-2 in Class 2 baseball sectional (5/22/17)
- Four Kennett track athletes qualify for state (5/22/17)
- Kennett softball team drops Class 1 third-place game to Lincoln 8-6 (5/21/17)
- Kennett softball team drops state semifinal to Strafford 2-0 (5/20/17)
- Kennett softball team's state semifinal postponed until 4 p.m. Saturday (5/19/17)
I usually love sunsets, but ... (5/19/17)Kennett voters finally decide the fate of the much debated half cent sales tax in a special election Aug. 8. As everybody should know by now, 1/8 of a cent goes to senior services, and the rest is earmarked to storm water projects around town. To borrow a Beatles’ line, it’s been a “long and winding road.” The City Council has voted twice to put the thing on the ballot. ...
For Mother’s Day (5/12/17)1I was thinking about what I would ponder about for Mother’s Day weekend, and I was drawn back to an article I wrote in August 2015. We were running recipes in the DDD at that time, and I wrote about my mom’s Texas Cake. At first I wasn’t going to include the recipe and just relay the story, but I didn’t think she’d be happy with that. So here it is – recipe and all...
James Richardson (5/24/17)James Allen Richardson, 69, of Senath, passed away Wednesday, May 17, 2017. He was born Nov. 30, 1947 and was a 1965 graduate of Southland High School and a graduate of Nashville Auto Diesel School...
Patricia Hindmon (5/22/17)Patricia Hindmon, of Kennett, daughter of the late John Jeff Nichols and Mary (Nunley) Nichols, was born Feb. 16, 1944 in Bruceton, Tenn. and departed this life on May 21, 2017 at Heritage Nursing...
Lonzo Moser (5/22/17)Lonzo Moser, son of the late Charlie David and Virgie (Andruss) Moser, was born May 11, 1949 in Izard County, Ark. and departed this May 20, 2017 at Arkansas Methodist Hospital in Paragould at the...
Sharon Rasberry (5/18/17)Sharon Kay Rasberry, 73, of Kennett, died May 16, 2017 at Hertiage Nursing Center in Kennett. Sharon was born to the late Orville and Violet (Shrum) Carter on Nov. 4, 1943 in McDougal, Ark. Sharon...
Kohen Michael Beau Dullenty (4/28/17)Thomas and Kelly Wilkerson-Dullenty, of Bragg City, would like to announce the birth of their son, Kohen Michael Beau Dullenty. He was born April 19, 2017 at 8:21 a.m. weighing nine pounds and three ounces. He was 21.25 inches long. Maternal grandparents are David and Linda Wilkerson of Bragg City. Paternal grandparents are Michael and Joyce Dullenty of Morrisonville, Ill., and Rita Saffell of Collierville, Ill...
For Rent$50 OFF FIRST MONTH'S RENT Apartments -2 bedroom 1 bath all electric, we pay water/sewer/trash, deposit required, Rent $360-450 per month. 573-888-2225 Mobile Homes 573-888-1980 All rentals have cook stove, fridge, a/c and heat, Home office Piggott 870-598-2900. We do background checks and you must have good rental references. Apartments & mobile homes are located in Kennett. Also have other rentals in Piggott.
General2 Family Yard Sale Saturday, 7am-? 4488 State Hwy NN (Gobler curve) Name brand clothes, household items, childrens clothes, toys, Harley Davidson items, etc.
Legal NoticesDelta Area Economic Opportunity Corporation DAEOC is currently accepting sealed bids for the purchase of various vehicles for their Portageville Head Start Central Office. If you are interested in obtaining a bid form and/or would like additional information please visit our web site www.daeoc.com or contact: DAEOC Purchasing By phone: 573-379-3851 ext. 231 By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Bid deadline is 12:00 noon Thursday, June 15, 2017 DAEOC reserves the...
For RentHouse for Rent 2 & 3 bedroom No pets please Call 888-7891 Also Farm Labor needed
Latest State & Nation News