Your News, Your Day: Heart disease awareness during FebruaryPhoto by Jeff Dorris, staff Staff and patients from Heritage Nursing Center and St. Francis Assisted Living wore red earlier this month to celebrate the American Heart Association and Go Red For...
Cookie weekend coming upNational Girl Scout Cookie Weekend, which has become a national holiday for Girl Scout Cookie fans, will take place February 24–26, 2017. Girls across the country will sell cookies at booths, door to...
- Kennett City Council discusses a use tax
- Hornersville City Council discusses grant and water issues
- Pixley resignation, Carr retirement among changes in Kennett personnel
- Area Church News
- Heritage Nursing holds Lamberts Day
- KHS Art students attend exhibition
- Afternoon accident on Compress (2/22/17)
- Sales tax revenue still down (2/22/17)
- Vehicle pursuit ends in New Madrid (2/21/17)
- Hamlett signs books at library (2/21/17)
Kennett City Council
- Campbell, Hayti reach C2D1 boys basketball finalSTEELE, Mo. - It took 25 minutes for somebody to put together a run. After 3 1/2 quarters of back-and-forth play, Campbell found a way to create a 12-point run through the first half of the fourth quarter, and it was enough to beat Bernie 61-44 in the MSHSAA Class 2 District 1 semifinals...
- Puxico, Hayti reach C2D1 girls basketball title game
- UPDATED: Kennett football & wrestling coach Aaron Pixley resigns, accepts job as AD at Dexter (2/22/17)
- Caruthersville boys prevail again against Kennett 60-57 in C3D1 semifinal (2/22/17)
- Kennett girls eliminate Portageville 31-19, reach district final for first time since 2011 (2/21/17)
- Malden girls jump out to early lead, hang on to beat Charleston 68-57 in C3D1 semifinal (2/21/17)
Greitens, Facebook, and spring training (2/18/17)Steve Patton-Editor DDD firstname.lastname@example.org On Tuesday afternoon I watched a Facebook Live question and answer session conducted by Governor Eric Greitens. During the 20 or so minutes, he answered questions, not from professional journalists who cover him, but from regular folks...
What are you supposed to say? (2/11/17)1Have you ever heard of a vote by the people to be null and void? It happened in Kennett in November. Almost 65 percent of city voters supported the 1/8 cent sales tax for senior services, but as we’ve reported in the DDD, the tax cannot be collected because of an error made at the very beginning of the process. The City Council must pass an ordinance to put such a tax on the ballot. They did, but the wrong amount was used...
Louella HuckebyBessie Louella Huckeby, 95, of Gideon died Tuesday, Feb. 21, 2017 at Gideon Care Center. Bradshaw Funeral Home of Gideon is in charge of arrangements.
Deronda McElwrathDeronda Ivera McElwrath, of Kennett, daughter of the late John Thomas Whitlock and Maggie (Gibson) Whitlock, was born Aug. 17, 1930 in Bucoda and departed this life on Tuesday, Feb. 21, 2017 at Twin...
Henry GrimesHenry Dewayne Grimes “Bud,” 82, of Conway, Ark. passed away on Saturday, Feb. 18, 2017. He was born in Guy, Ark. on May 23, 1934 to James Grimes and Floy Grimes. He is survived by his loving wife of...
Hattie Jones (2/21/17)Hattie Sue Jones, daughter of the late Lester L. and Eldora Newman Smith was born Feb. 12, 1935, in the New Hope Community near Senath and passed away Saturday, Feb. 18, 2017 at the St. Bernards...
Hannah Lynn Marie Hayes (2/21/17)Jake and Christen Hayes of Jonesboro announce the birth of their daughter, Hannah Lynn Marie Hayes. Born Feb. 10, 2017 at NEA Baptist Memorial Hospital, she weighed 9 pounds and 11 ounces. She is the granddaughter of Jimmy and Charla Hayes and Rich and Terri Colananni; and the great-granddaughter of Maxine Hayes, Roland and JoAnn Morgan; and Dr. Phillip and Martha Nix...
Help WantedMid-South Health Systems , the leader in community mental health, is currently searching for a Licensed Therapist for the Kipp, Manila and Armorel Schools. MSHS offers competitive wages, an outstanding benefits package which includes a 5% employer contribution to a 401k plan plus match, paid vacation, sick, personal birthday and holiday time and employer paid life and LTD, paid training, mileage reimbursement, continuing education, $6,000 local premium. We serve 13 counties in...
Help WantedArkansas Northeastern College is accepting applications for the following positions: Mathematics Instructor (Anticipated Opening) Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Interviews may occur throughout the application period. Please visit the ANC website at www.anc.edu for complete job descriptions and application procedures. For information, call (870) 762-3121. Applications should be sent to: Office of Human Resources ...
For RentNice home for rent 3-4 bedroom, 2 full baths, big laundry room with storage, big corner lot. Remodeled last year. Has fenced in backyard 2 car garage with attic room storage. $775 month & deposit. Section 8 welcome Call 573-888-7520 or 344-8596 512 N. Wheeler-Kennett, MO
For RentFor Rent 3 bedroom, 2 bath located at 105 W. 7th St. $600 month & $200 dep. Must have references & fill out application. Call 573-559-4375 or 888-2171
Latest State & Nation News